Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Rob Zombie's Halloween (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34611)

glm 10-13-2006 07:40 PM

Halloween Remake

Rob Zombie's making a remake of Halloween. How do you think it will turn out?

Elvis_Christ 10-13-2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glm (Post 489439)

http://www.projekt-preussen.de/uploads/retard.jpg

Angelique 10-13-2006 10:28 PM

I dont normally like remakes of classic horror films. The remakes dont normally compare to the original, however I am a big fan of 'House of 100 Corpses' & 'The Devil's Rejects' I think Rob Zombie would be able to make the film his own, cause he has such a creative and unique style of film making (well I think so anyway ;) )

I would definately go and see it, and I don't beleive I would be dissapointed :)

Prelude95Si 10-14-2006 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glm (Post 489439)

First off this would be better in the upcoming horror movies forum.
Second there is already a thread for this in the upcoming horror movies forum.

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24519

glm 10-16-2006 05:39 PM

I haven't figured out how to delete this. :(

ferretchucker 01-31-2007 12:44 PM

Rob Zombie's Halloween

I got this link from another forum by XtRaVa. I was actually looking forward to this film. What a bloody fool I was.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31221

alkytrio666 01-31-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretchucker (Post 543628)
I got this link from another forum by XtRaVa.

Who probably got that link from this link originally: http://horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27191

:rolleyes: ;)

AUSTIN316426808 01-31-2007 02:20 PM

I don't see what the problem is, he's making it the way he wants to make it which is what a remake is supposed to be. The director takes the base of the story and does it his way.

Most remakes are just cashing in by making a modern, watered down version of something that worked before. That's not remaking, that's regurgitating. Zombie is actually going to(or at least it seems he's trying to) give us something new. I'd rather see a completely new vision of Halloween instead of the old Halloween with a better camera and super model cast that's good for nothing but nude shots and screaming.

Might be good..might be bad, only way you're going to know is by watching it not reading what one guy thinks about a script draft.

Angra 01-31-2007 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AUSTIN316426808 (Post 543712)
I don't see what the problem is, he's making it the way he wants to make it which is what a remake is supposed to be. The director takes the base of the story and does it his way.

Most remakes are just cashing in by making a modern, watered down version of something that worked before. That's not remaking, that's regurgitating. Zombie is actually going to(or at least it seems he's trying to) give us something new. I'd rather see a completely new vision of Halloween instead of the old Halloween with a better camera and super model cast that's good for nothing but nude shots and screaming.

Might be good..might be bad, only way you're going to know is by watching it not reading what one guy thinks about a script draft.

Agreed.

Even though i“m sure Rob“s version is gonna be waaaż more gory and bloody.

That“s not for me. :(

paws the great 01-31-2007 03:03 PM

I'll buy the dvd when it comes out.I'm not a huge fan of Rob Zombie or Halloween.

Despare 01-31-2007 05:24 PM

I agree with Austin, he's adding his own touch to it which is what remakes SHOULD be. Carbon copies of the original movies are pointless and don't require much talent in my opinion.

X¤MurderDoll¤X 01-31-2007 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 543725)
Agreed.

Even though i“m sure Rob“s version is gonna be waaaż more gory and bloody.

That“s not for me. :(

It's for me though. :)

the_real_linda 01-31-2007 05:25 PM

and me....cant wait!!

Despare 01-31-2007 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X (Post 543785)
It's for me though. :)

Color me red, I'm a gorehound too.

can't get enough gore 02-01-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Despare (Post 543787)
Color me red, I'm a gorehound too.

so am i but it doesnt make sense to add gore into a film that never had any

Shadow 02-02-2007 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by can't get enough gore (Post 544244)
so am i but it doesnt make sense to add gore into a film that never had any

Hmmmmmm you dont really know that. It might add to the effect of the film.

ferretchucker 02-02-2007 09:00 AM

Quote:

I see where you're coming from but I am just the biggest halloween obsesed person i know and this has ruined it for me. I understand it's his and not a remake, a reinvention but to use michaels name and loomis's in such a stupid way. Maybe if it was another of his own films and he used different names and such it would be okay but this is michael.

Come on, talking, groping his sister, chasing people down, 6 7", masturbating, giving him a reason to be evil. It just isn't michael. It's like jason X. It wouldn't have such a bad feeling if it wasnt jason, if it was someone else. I don't know, it seems like he's just using the names to boost what will be a pointless, wrong, almost plotless story.

can't get enough gore 02-02-2007 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretchucker (Post 544758)
I see where you're coming from but I am just the biggest halloween obsesed person i know and this has ruined it for me. I understand it's his and not a remake, a reinvention but to use michaels name and loomis's in such a stupid way. Maybe if it was another of his own films and he used different names and such it would be okay but this is michael.

Come on, talking, groping his sister, chasing people down, 6 7", masturbating, giving him a reason to be evil. It just isn't michael. It's like jason X. It wouldn't have such a bad feeling if it wasnt jason, if it was someone else. I don't know, it seems like he's just using the names to boost what will be a pointless, wrong, almost plotless story.

agreed 100% micheal never was like this....mikey was more like 6 3" and he never talked...and to what shadow said halloween never was a bloodbath movie it was just scary

ferretchucker 02-02-2007 01:26 PM

the bit that got me angry was that he's making him run! What fucked up twat would make michael audrey myers run?! Stupid mofo.

can't get enough gore 02-02-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretchucker (Post 544988)
the bit that got me angry was that he's making him run! What fucked up twat would make michael audrey myers run?! Stupid mofo.

hold the fuck up!!!! they are making him run???? i never heard about that....thats like when dawn of the dead(original) had slow zombies and the remake ruined it by making them run???? wow this movie scares me

ferretchucker 02-04-2007 08:36 AM

he talks, he changes his mask to show his emotions, laurie isnt introduced until parge 69 and loomis is weak and annoying. Oh and like i said, he chases people down (running)

halloweenfreak1 02-04-2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

i agree, i dont like the idea but its how all remakes are. Zombie said it was going to be different, he said it wasnt going to be all the same, so if this is true everyone will have to deal with it because rob zombie isnt going to change his script.

halloweenfreak1 02-04-2007 11:07 AM

Halloween

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31221

this link will take you to an artical that is about the remake of the legendary halloween movie. it tells you how this movie is going to suck! Now i was looking forward to this movie untill i saw this artical but unlike many others i am not goin to bitch about it. but i would like other peoples take on how this early draft changed their veiw on rob zombie and the halloween remake.

can't get enough gore 02-04-2007 12:54 PM

there is already a thread on this..talking about a shitty movie is getting boring

can't get enough gore 02-04-2007 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretchucker (Post 545928)
he talks, he changes his mask to show his emotions, laurie isnt introduced until parge 69 and loomis is weak and annoying. Oh and like i said, he chases people down (running)

ok stop telling me all these things that ruin this movie it makes me sad:(

can't get enough gore 02-04-2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halloweenfreak1 (Post 545955)
i agree, i dont like the idea but its how all remakes are. Zombie said it was going to be different, he said it wasnt going to be all the same, so if this is true everyone will have to deal with it because rob zombie isnt going to change his script.

ya but all the changes are terrible i would love to hear what someone thinks the movie should be like but zombie's ideas are out there!!! changing his masks???? thats what leatherface does not micheal myers

Master 02-04-2007 01:11 PM

I've already replied in the other thread, but I pretty much felt from the beginning that Zombie was going to fuck this one up. House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects were both entertaining, sure, but I just think that Zombie is the worst pick to do the Halloween remake. His dialogue is atrocious and his style doesn't fit what I want to see in a Halloween remake.

I'm kind of cringing waiting to see what happens with this one. I'm expecting something along the lines of the following:

Michael Myers (to slutty teenager #1): "You stupid fucking bitch! Now let me see them fucking titties before I fuck you the fuck up!"

Master 02-04-2007 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master (Post 546019)
I've already replied in the other thread, but I pretty much felt from the beginning that Zombie was going to fuck this one up. House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects were both entertaining, sure, but I just think that Zombie is the worst pick to do the Halloween remake. His dialogue is atrocious and his style doesn't fit what I want to see in a Halloween remake.

I'm kind of cringing waiting to see what happens with this one. I'm expecting something along the lines of the following:

Michael Myers (to slutty teenager #1): "You stupid fucking bitch! Now let me see them fucking titties before I fuck you the fuck up!"

Michael's mom is a stripper and he has a character in the movie named "Big Joe Grizzeley"...lol.

X¤MurderDoll¤X 02-04-2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretchucker (Post 545928)

I think it's good that he's changing him... Michael Myers was just a second rate Jason in the halloween movies.

Mute emotionless killer with a mask. He doesn't chase people, he walks as his victims run for a minute and then he just shows up besides them... Uses a big ol knife to kill people, so what's the difference? I think making Michael Myers less supernatural is a good idea, he's supposed to be just a psycho anyway.

halloweenfreak1 02-04-2007 10:28 PM

what the fuck happened to my fucking thread?

zwoti 02-05-2007 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halloweenfreak1 (Post 546236)
what the fuck happened to my fucking thread?

http://www.abisource.com/mailinglist...3/01-merge.jpg

halloweenfreak1 02-05-2007 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zwoti (Post 546324)

oh.....................well fuck u guys! ( :

ferretchucker 02-05-2007 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X (Post 546026)
I think it's good that he's changing him... Michael Myers was just a second rate Jason in the halloween movies.

Mute emotionless killer with a mask. He doesn't chase people, he walks as his victims run for a minute and then he just shows up besides them... Uses a big ol knife to kill people, so what's the difference? I think making Michael Myers less supernatural is a good idea, he's supposed to be just a psycho anyway.

let me correct you, jason was a michael who they took to the next level. Michael came first.

Also, i have said this before, I'm okay with changes but these changes are too big for me, they ruin the essence that is michael myers. Sure, he isn't gonna change it to what we want just to make us happy, sure, it's his own one, but you do see what will happen.

In ten years when people who are toddlers and young children now first discover RZ halloween, they will just think it's the real one and the early one was a shitty piece of bull crap. Alot like how people of my age (excluding me) regard films such as king kong and the blob. I just wish he would change the names and likenesses.

Let me put it this way. Many of you are ash fans. Well imagine some rock star came along and made their own evil dead where ash was a 6ft 5 body builder who had magical powers and the zombies were fifty feet high. That's what it's like for me thinking about RZH.

Despare 02-05-2007 07:59 AM

You're not giving people enough credit. Just because I was born in 80 doesn't mean that I think The Fly or The Thing were the original movies. I've seen the originals and the remakes and I'm sure with Halloween people will seek out the original still. When The Fly remake comes out (production is supposed to start in 08) do you think both previous films will be "ruined"? If you don't want to watch it just pop in the original and be happy with what you have. I on the other hand will watch the new one and be looking for a concept that sets it apart from the original other than more gore/different actors.

X¤MurderDoll¤X 02-05-2007 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretchucker (Post 546464)
let me correct you, jason was a michael who they took to the next level. Michael came first.

Also, i have said this before, I'm okay with changes but these changes are too big for me, they ruin the essence that is michael myers. Sure, he isn't gonna change it to what we want just to make us happy, sure, it's his own one, but you do see what will happen.

I didn't think about that because Jason is more popular. I guess I agree with you, but I really don't see it changing how people think of Michael Myers. Did 28 days later change how anyone thought of Zombies?

ferretchucker 02-06-2007 09:56 AM

despare, im talking about people born in the early nineties like me, when i talk about michael myers nearly all of my friends either say "who?" or bring up shrek. Whereas the fly, i didnt like the second one and i think the new one will be good.

Despare 02-06-2007 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretchucker (Post 547490)
despare, im talking about people born in the early nineties like me, when i talk about michael myers nearly all of my friends either say "who?" or bring up shrek. Whereas the fly, i didnt like the second one and i think the new one will be good.

But you knew there was an original. You didn't like Cronenberg's but you have high hopes for the new one based on... what exactly? Who cares if people confuse the name of the movie character with the name of a real person (a real famous person at that)? If there was a killer in a movie named Johnny Travolta and you mentioned that name I would assume you meant John Travolta. Now, if you say something about Michael Myers killing people and your friends are still confused then I guess you need smarter friends.

The_Return 02-06-2007 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Despare (Post 547494)
But you knew there was an original. You didn't like Cronenberg's but you have high hopes for the new one based on... what exactly? Who cares if people confuse the name of the movie character with the name of a real person (a real famous person at that)? If there was a killer in a movie named Johnny Travolta and you mentioned that name I would assume you meant John Travolta. Now, if you say something about Michael Myers killing people and your friends are still confused then I guess you need smarter friends.

You're showing your age Despare.

I hate to say it, but Ferret is right: Our generation is movie retarded.

Despare 02-06-2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Return (Post 547503)
You're showing your age Despare.

I hate to say it, but Ferret is right: Our generation is movie retarded.

The people who care will always dig deep, I've watched movies from before my grandparents were born, unfortuanatly it just takes some growing up before people realise that.

The_Return 02-06-2007 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Despare (Post 547512)
The people who care will always dig deep, I've watched movies from before my grandparents were born, unfortuanatly it just takes some growing up before people realise that.

Thats the thing though: Nobody cares anymore.