Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   True Crime (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ten-year-old killers (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4495)

Ultimamk 02-27-2004 09:08 PM

Ten-year-old killers

In this video clip (I've attached a pic from the clip), we see a young boy holding a toddler by the hand. A few paces ahead, another boy leads. They look like family, navigating a baby brother past shoppers and distractions. Passersby hardly notice them, unaware that one of the most heartbreaking murders in British history was unfolding right before their eyes. Too young to fight, too young to know better, the toddler trusted the boys who took him by the hand and led him away. All the while his frantic mother Denise searched for her lost son, her only child.

This is two-year-old James Bulger in the hands of his killers, frozen in time. He will be taken on a long, aimless walk, cruelly tortured along the way. James will be senselessly beaten to death by his ten-year-old captors, who will callously abandon him on the railroad tracks. Along their meandering walk the three children encountered adults. A simple inquiry could have ended the tragedy: “Is the boy okay? Let me help you find his mom. Let me take care of that hurt . . . ” These words and an extended hand from a concerned grown-up might have saved James’s life. And spared his mother unbearable grief.

Jon Venables and Robert Thompson had been stealing things all day at the shopping center -- candy, a troll doll, some batteries, a can of blue paint, and other incidentals. Why did they decide to steal a baby? Was it a plot or a sudden, overwhelming compulsion? Once they had him, they didn’t know what to do with him. They could have easily discarded James, leaving him alone on the sidewalk, by a shop, where someone would discover the crying baby. But Jon and Robert, like children who would rather destroy their own possessions than give them to another, murdered the little boy. James’s parents would never see their baby alive again.

Both Jon and Robert were considered delinquents. Yet nothing in their pasts indicated that they could be so viciously cruel. Which one suggested kidnapping? How did they decide to murder little James? Many assumed it was Robert. He was the tough one, a purebred troublemaker. Robert acted the part and looked the part with his closely shaved head and pudgy, bully-like build. Jon, on the other hand, was thinner and fragile in appearance. Compared to Robert, he seemed sensitive and naive. After they were arrested, Jon cried hysterically and sank deep into remorse, whereas Robert floated on the surface, keeping his cool. It seemed that Robert was the perpetrator, and Jon the bystander. But as investigators examined the boys’ behaviors and confessions, they would begin to suspect something much more complex. With Robert and Jon, first impressions were deceiving.

Of course, Robert blamed Jon, and Jon blamed Robert. For children, lies seem like an easy escape, especially when there was another child present to blame. And even if they admitted the truth, how could ten-year-old boys put into words the depth of their hostilities and desire to mutilate and murder a two-year-old? Child psychologists unraveled the boy’s narratives, looking for clues as to why. Investigators tried to get to the truth, but had to ease up when tears turned to hysterics. The mothers were of no help. One of the boys eventually admitted to killing James. Would that let the other boy off the hook?

In what Michele Elliott, founder of Kidscape, called “the most unfortunate coming together of three children this century,” the tragic tale of James Bulger’s senseless death still fascinates us. We may never know why, but we can at least piece together some of their terrible journey through the testimony of witnesses and by putting together Robert’s and Jon’s versions of James Bulger’s murder.

sleepaway 02-28-2004 04:22 AM

OH NO!!! Not the James Bulger thing!! This was everywhere in the UK when it happened and they blamed watching Child's Play 3 as the motive! I've never heard anything so ridiculous and they took the Child's Play 3 video off the shelves as it had not too recently come out to rent.

hellfire1 02-28-2004 09:18 AM

i read about this a couple of months ago... i had never heard about it before. i cried i was so sad and disgusted by what these two kids did to this baby... horrible.

Sam The Egg 02-28-2004 09:30 AM

can you execute kids in the UK?

hellfire1 02-28-2004 10:24 AM

nope... ths sons of bitches were released in 2001, and were granted new identities because their lives would be in danger... i hate this fucking world

Sam The Egg 02-28-2004 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by hellfire1
nope... ths sons of bitches were released in 2001, and were granted new identities because their lives would be in danger

Oh, no, wouldn't want anything BAD to happen to the kids who sodomized a toddler with old batteries (so I heard on another article on it)! They deserve the best lives ever! Those poor kids have probably been through a lot after beating that other kid to death. The little dickens'

hellfire1 02-28-2004 10:36 AM

oh and here's the worst :

January 28, 2002 update
Jon Venables is joining the Army, after the Ministry of Defence waived the rule banning convicted murderers.

( sorry don't know how to post links )

ok i've gotta stop talking about this, i'm getting all worked up....:mad:

Sam The Egg 02-28-2004 11:23 AM

yeah, it's the same thing with me and the West Memphis Three. Just thinking about it gets me all pissed

hellfire1 02-28-2004 03:05 PM

i wasn't aware of the full story, so i just looked it up on the net...
i am now depressed and pissed off.

Ultimamk 02-28-2004 03:35 PM

Yeah, I was bored and decided to post something on the true crime board, so I looked for what would get the worst reaction yet not be something posted already... This story got me most worked up.

As for the whole Child's Play 3 thing... what the fuck?

fluffho 03-07-2004 04:49 PM

mary bell

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notoriou..._1.html?sect=7

shes fine now btw. although her daughter found out she was a killer then i duno what happened. not sure if thats in that particular link, though

bloodygurl02 03-07-2004 06:48 PM

those boys got off way to easily by being given new identies. they should but locke dup not freee to possible doit agian. i agree w/ who ever said reading this pisses them off cuz it pisses me off that those 2 boys would do such a thing toa young helpless toddler. i feel babd for the toddlers family. things like just make u wonder wahts wrong w/ ppl

Sam The Egg 03-07-2004 07:28 PM

That's it.

Attention inhabitants of the Horror.com message board: Pool ALL your money together! We're buying our own country. Together, we can make at least ONE country where the people in charge don't have their heads in their asses!

orangestar 03-07-2004 07:46 PM

I've never heard of anything that sick.

What year did this happen? How old are the boys now?

bloodygurl02 03-07-2004 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sam The Egg
That's it.

Attention inhabitants of the Horror.com message board: Pool ALL your money together! We're buying our own country. Together, we can make at least ONE country where the people in charge don't have their heads in their asses!

sounds like a plan sam. lol. what country do u wanna buy??????

joeltrae 03-07-2004 09:52 PM

I'm 34 and remember when this happened in 1993. Here in the U.S. it was all over the news, talk shows, everywhere for a good while. Well, the boys got a slap on the wrist, and now one is in the armed forces where his ability to kill without hesitation or conscience will be appreciated. There is no question in my mind, Man is indeed the most vicious, savage and dangerous member of the animal kingdom.

bloodygurl02 03-07-2004 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by joeltrae
I'm 34 and remember when this happened in 1993. Here in the U.S. it was all over the news, talk shows, everywhere for a good while. Well, the boys got a slap on the wrist, and now one is in the armed forces where his ability to kill without hesitation or conscience will be appreciated. There is no question in my mind, Man is indeed the most vicious, savage and dangerous member of the animal kingdom.
waht u said about man couldn't be any truer. this was truely a sad thing to read about, it was upsetting

prophet 03-08-2004 02:27 AM

I blame the toddlers parents they should suffer for leaving a child alone...... If you have a responsibility such as owning a child, then let nothing happen to it, if you own a dog u keep him locked in the yard, but your child is free to roam the streets? i say those boys that took the child and murdered him taught those parents a lesson they will never forget, now if they make another mistake and have another child and something happens to it, then i say hang those parents by theyre ankles from a tree and let the responsible parents use them as a pinata......

now that makes sence

all these bleeding hearts blaming the children for the crime why not blame his mother who abandoned him so she could shop for a pair of panties to keep her mate happy, well he's happy now aint he.

hellfire1 03-08-2004 05:54 AM

yes, you make a valid point in saying that this mother should have never left her child alone, in a mall no less, for even a second...

but does this mistake justify the fact that two kids kidnapped and tortured a baby ? does an innocent child have to die in such a horrible manner in order to "teach his mother a valuable lesson" ? yes she made a mistake and will have to live with it for the rest of her life, but she sure as hell didn't deserve it, and neither did that poor child.

prophet 03-08-2004 06:03 AM

not saying the child deserved it sayin that mother should have been punished

it happened in england I read the story, there was an outcry for that poor mum who left her child alone plain an simple, if you watch your child then no bad can happen if you allow it to run free the world will devour it

I say about those 2 boys that killed him, they should have been exocuted but they werent now focus on the real murderer the mum, without her "helpin" those 2 wouldnt have killed him correct

hellfire1 03-08-2004 06:09 AM

the fact that her child was kidnapped and murdered because of her moment of irresponsibilty was and is enough punishment, don't you think ? i don't think anything could be worse than that...
no parent should have to bury their child.

Sam The Egg 03-08-2004 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Darth Bane
And I shall Rule it
Bull shit you'll rule it. If anybody has pre-dibs on rulership it's Rotting Eye, Fluffho, Kpropain, Evisceration and I

fluffho 03-08-2004 01:01 PM

Quote:

Bull shit you'll rule it. If anybody has pre-dibs on rulership it's Rotting Eye, Fluffho, Kpropain, Evisceration and I
oMG.... OMG ... OMG

you remembered me!

<~having an orgasm

Sam The Egg 03-08-2004 03:18 PM

I don't know about what you look like, but you certainly sound like you do

crazy clown 03-08-2004 03:52 PM

that is a terrible story and that picture just makes it all the more eerie.

as for the country buying thing sam should be ruler, not this darth bane jerk off. i'll vote for you as long as I never have to pay taxes.

P.S. why couldn't anybody find a picture of that guy who got killed by that spider and eaten and stuff. that would have been good for a laugh.

Sam The Egg 03-08-2004 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by crazy clown
as for the country buying thing sam should be ruler, not this darth bane jerk off. i'll vote for you as long as I never have to pay taxes.
fuck taxes

bloodygurl02 03-08-2004 04:44 PM

Quote:

fuck taxes
so waht contry r we buying????? and can i own a part of it

Sam The Egg 03-08-2004 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bloodygurl02
so waht contry r we buying????? and can i own a part of it
We could try buying a state along the coast and just breaking away from the US. Oregon could work. Or if we wanted to go with the island route, Hawaii. But then we'd have to deal with volcanos. We'll just cross that bridge when we come to it.

bloodygurl02 03-08-2004 05:05 PM

Quote:

We could try buying a state along the coast and just breaking away from the US. Oregon could work. Or if we wanted to go with the island route, Hawaii. But then we'd have to deal with volcanos. We'll just cross that bridge when we come to it.
sounds like a aplan. hawaii sounds good but agian the volacno thing. but u can work around those things

Sam The Egg 03-08-2004 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bloodygurl02
sounds like a aplan. hawaii sounds good but agian the volacno thing. but u can work around those things
True, but it would be easier to just get some land that's not in the ring of fire. Maybe something in the Bahamas...

bloodygurl02 03-08-2004 06:51 PM

Quote:

True, but it would be easier to just get some land that's not in the ring of fire. Maybe something in the Bahamas...
yeah then can i have the town called hell?????????? lol. and its warm there . bahamsa would b good

Sam The Egg 03-08-2004 07:19 PM

Well, we're not going anywhere cold. Anything North of Toronto is out

bloodygurl02 03-08-2004 07:21 PM

Quote:

Well, we're not going anywhere cold. Anything North of Toronto is out
agreed. i hate cold so pick some where warm. and to think i thtough i was gonna take over the world w/ the ppl i used to work with lol.

Sam The Egg 03-08-2004 07:38 PM

it'd have to be a small island with few inhabitants. But since there's only a few people left on the board, and a lot of them wouldn't be invited, this wouldn't be a problem.

bloodygurl02 03-08-2004 07:41 PM

Quote:

it'd have to be a small island with few inhabitants. But since there's only a few people left on the board, and a lot of them wouldn't be invited, this wouldn't be a problem.
hmm a small island . how bout we invite the ones we don't like and feed to blood thirsty komodo dragons and then let the ones u want there w/ u on the island

Sam The Egg 03-09-2004 01:18 PM

it would be less work to just not invite them

bloodygurl02 03-09-2004 05:11 PM

Quote:

it would be less work to just not invite them
ok but i thought the komodo dragon thing would b kool but u could al,ways use it if they tresspass on the island

Sam The Egg 03-09-2004 05:30 PM

Easiness over coolness, that's my motto. Actually my motto is sic transet gloria, but whatever

bloodygurl02 03-09-2004 05:35 PM

Quote:

Easiness over coolness, that's my motto. Actually my motto is sic transet gloria, but whatever
lol i just used the komodo dragon thing as an idea

AmarylandPsycho 04-02-2004 11:50 AM

Quote:

I just moved from Hawaii. Only the big Island has Volcanos. Id say go to Oahu or Kuai'i. Oahu is a bit touristi though and traffic is a bitch.