Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Last Seen 70s/80s Movie (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31568)

ChEEbA 09-19-2005 01:51 PM

I saw Oldboy.
Interesting, although I'm sure they could've thought of a better motivation for the imprisonment...If it were MY film, I'd make the lead character a former rapist or legbreaker that had been hypnotised to the point of not even recognising himself, and having THAT be the big ol' revealation with some kind of sleeper trigger at the end. But hey...as far as oldboy goes...it was all ok.
The plot WAS a little convoluted, they could've went into the background of the girl a little more without revealing "the thing", not to mention, the protagonist, and the friend...there was too minimal a background of any kind of all of these characters.
WEIRD movie.
Very nicely stylised, great score...I DO feel it was a little overrated though. Definately worth seeing at least once.
6/10

ItsAlive75 09-19-2005 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ChEEbA
I saw Oldboy.
Interesting, although I'm sure they could've thought of a better motivation for the imprisonment...If it were MY film, I'd make the lead character a former rapist or legbreaker that had been hypnotised to the point of not even recognising himself, and having THAT be the big ol' revealation with some kind of sleeper trigger at the end. But hey...as far as oldboy goes...it was all ok.
The plot WAS a little convoluted, they could've went into the background of the girl a little more without revealing "the thing", not to mention, the protagonist, and the friend...there was too minimal a background of any kind of all of these characters.
WEIRD movie.
Very nicely stylised, great score...I DO feel it was a little overrated though. Definately worth seeing at least once.
6/10

Just ordered it off Netflix, thanks for not stating too much.

Although now I'm having doubts... I shoulda gotten American Movie.

hellfire1 09-19-2005 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ChEEbA
I saw Oldboy.
WEIRD movie.
6/10

couldn't agree with you more.

Angra 09-19-2005 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Just ordered it off Netflix, thanks for not stating too much.

Although now I'm having doubts... I shoulda gotten American Movie.

Donīt worry about it. Itīs great.

bwind22 09-19-2005 10:23 PM

Leprechaun 4 - Leprechaun In Space - Oh man, this one was the worst in the series thus far. Terrible acting and plot. Average gore. The continuity from Lep3 to Lep 4 is non-existent. All in all, just not a good movie. D

Leprechaun 5 Leprechaun In the Hood - Alright, they started heading back in the right direction with this one and going for a more comedic than scary movie. (Not that the series has ever really accomplished either that well.) The gore was decent, the acting was okay, but I have serious doubts about any movie that Ice T's the most accomplished actor in. (Aside from Warwick Davis of course.) Anyways I'd say this one's better than Lep 4, but worse than 1,2 & 3. And when Leprechaun raps at the end, you'd be better off just turning off your television. D+

Cry_Wolf I didn't have very high hopes for this PG-13 rated horror film but the theater I was at wasnt showing Venom so Cry_Wolf it was... The acting is okay, the gore is mostly off-screen, but there is a lot of deaths. The plot is pretty ridiculous and there is waaaay too much of Bon Jovi. Other than that, it was an average horror movie which amounts to a pleasent surprise when you go to PG-13 not expecting much. C+

Amalthea 09-19-2005 11:00 PM

I forgot to tell I saw The Wings Of The Dove last friday 9 / 10

AUSTIN316426808 09-19-2005 11:04 PM

Venom- 6.8/10

AUSTIN316426808 09-20-2005 04:38 AM

Men In Black for the first time in awhile, still like it.

zwoti 09-20-2005 05:12 AM

blood on satan's claw

zwoti 09-20-2005 07:46 AM

haunted house of horror