Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Cabin In the Woods! (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60792)

Straker 10-21-2012 02:28 PM

The Cabin in the Woods: Really enjoyed this one, proper popcorn movie. I thought the 'excuse' for following the typical slasher set-up was inspired. It does a great job of walking the line between giving the viewer what they want/ expect while still twisting enough to keep it feeling fresh and innovative. The best thing about this flick is it shows that you can satirise a genre while still being creative and offering a fresh approach... Pastiche cinema is largely the norm these days and its often an excuse for mediocrity, so its nice to see it done with some style for a change.

SPOILER:

Totally didn't see the cameo from Sigourney Weaver comming, which was awesome & loved the merman death scene...Was one of those scenes you see comming from a mile away but still can't contain your excitment over.

Quality flick, its definatley one I'll be adding to my collection and watching again. :cool:

42ndego 10-30-2012 03:54 PM

I didn't care for this film, waaay too much CG. I liked the idea of the film though, but the ending was sloppy. It seemed as if the writers got 3/4 of a way done, smoked a joint, then decided to throw a bunch of random s*** out there.

TheCOSDSPope 11-28-2012 08:37 PM

The Church's take: REVIEW

- Razor88

Tom McAlister 12-12-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndego (Post 939551)
I didn't care for this film, waaay too much CG. I liked the idea of the film though, but the ending was sloppy. It seemed as if the writers got 3/4 of a way done, smoked a joint, then decided to throw a bunch of random s*** out there.

Really? Actually, the director tried to do everything he could practically. Tried to limit the CG down to the bare minimum.

tom

Tom McAlister 12-12-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nini_luv5 (Post 923248)
Other than being over-casted. I just think that everyone should have been B-actors that people rarely see or have never seen before, For instance Chris Hemsworth and Sigourney Weaver.

Other than that I thought it had an originally refreshing premise and overall plot :)

Actually at the time of the filming of it, Chris was an unknown. It sat on the shelf for two years because the first studio that had it went bankrupt.

tom

Despare 12-13-2012 07:58 PM

Interesting that people want to see another movie in the series... not me... I want a TV show (obviously it would all come before the movie cannon-wise)! I mean think about all the set-ups they could show. Failures, successes, all the different creatures and triggers... it would be Heavenly. The only reoccurring characters would be the guys and gals in the control rooms around the world but you could have a running story there if need be.

newb 12-14-2012 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Despare (Post 942281)
Interesting that people want to see another movie in the series... not me... I want a TV show (obviously it would all come before the movie cannon-wise)! I mean think about all the set-ups they could show. Failures, successes, all the different creatures and triggers... it would be Heavenly. The only reoccurring characters would be the guys and gals in the control rooms around the world but you could have a running story there if need be.

That's a great idea.

ImmortalSlasher 12-14-2012 08:57 AM

I have a review coming. I saw this twice and have some feelings with spoilers I want to cut loose.

hammerfan 12-14-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher (Post 942304)
I have a review coming. I saw this twice and have some feelings with spoilers I want to cut loose.

Put out a warning when you do. I haven't seen it yet.

ImmortalSlasher 12-16-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 942306)
Put out a warning when you do. I haven't seen it yet.

Warning!!! Review coming with some other pics that maybe spoilers. But this stuff is mentioned in past posts.