Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Official 2012 Food Related Thread (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60672)

ChronoGrl 03-28-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 922095)

Yeah chrono - they get called "vine leaves" here, though I always assumed they might be from something like a grapevine. I find them to be hit and miss - they need to have the right balance of acidity I'd say. There's a lebanese restaurant in Sydney that's been open for 40+ years, and holy shit, they just do the best ever vine leaves.

Glad I'm not the only one who likes them (or even knows what they are!)... I know what you mean, though; too acidic is no good, and sometimes they can get too oily as well.

Been really really lazy cooking-wise. Thank GOD for Trader Joe's frozen dinners... Last night it was Chicken Gorgonzola and tonight it was Chicken Serenada, with steamed broccoli with garlic and onions.

cheebacheeba 03-28-2012 05:23 PM

Last night I made something like a nachos.

Used jalapeno & aged cheddar flavoured corn chips.

Fried up some sliced beef, chopped onions and sliced sundried tomato in some garlic salt, pepper, and cumin.
Added a little Neapolitan sauce, and habanero paste.

Threw that on the cornchips, added some vegetarian cheese and some mozarella, into the flavourwave oven it went.

While I did that...
Fried some chorizo and sliced it, doused it in lemon juice.
Chopped cherry tomatoes.
Added salt/pepper.
Threw in some coleslaw salad (no dressing) with celery, corn and spring onions.
Mixed that all together, into I guess a strange salsa type thing.

When the cheese melted and browned, I took the hot part of the dish out.
Put the aforementioned mixture on top with some light sour cream.

Had some lemonade that I made in the sodastream machine, with minimal syrup and actual lemon juice squeezed in. Nice. Tasted "real".

fortunato 03-28-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 922196)
Last night I made something like a nachos.

Used jalapeno & aged cheddar flavoured corn chips.

Fried up some sliced beef, chopped onions and sliced sundried tomato in some garlic salt, pepper, and cumin.
Added a little Neapolitan sauce, and habanero paste.

Threw that on the cornchips, added some vegetarian cheese and some mozarella, into the flavourwave oven it went.

While I did that...
Fried some chorizo and sliced it, doused it in lemon juice.
Chopped cherry tomatoes.
Added salt/pepper.
Threw in some coleslaw salad (no dressing) with celery, corn and spring onions.
Mixed that all together, into I guess a strange salsa type thing.

When the cheese melted and browned, I took the hot part of the dish out.
Put the aforementioned mixture on top with some light sour cream.

Had some lemonade that I made in the sodastream machine, with minimal syrup and actual lemon juice squeezed in. Nice. Tasted "real".

Damn, that sounds good.
I had chicken parmesan tonight. Yummm. Tiramisu and coffee for dessert, too.

CannibalHolocaust 03-29-2012 04:29 AM

i made ramen
took it outta the package ,put it in the bowl poured water on it put it in the microwave and while that was going on opened a bottle of Jarritos orange soda and then ate my ramen. aaah yea!

newb 03-29-2012 08:15 AM

talk about lazy

threw a couple of frozen hamburger patties on a frying pan, some frozen french fries in the oven...that was supper for me & Mrs. Newb last night.

boring

hammerfan 03-29-2012 09:24 AM

We'll be cooking on the grill tonight: cheddar bratwurst, hot dogs, and burgers.

newb 03-29-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 922248)
We'll be cooking on the grill tonight: cheddar bratwurst, hot dogs, and burgers.

I'll bring the beer

hammerfan 03-29-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newb (Post 922251)
I'll bring the beer

Make sure it's Sam. :D

cheebacheeba 04-03-2012 03:06 PM

Grilled cheese and tomato sandwich.
Coffee.

Some awesome chicken with garlic sauce last night.

Toadliquor 04-03-2012 05:14 PM

I'm probably taking my life into my own hands, but I'm eating some tuna rolls I bought at a Check Cashing place. They're actually pretty good!