Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Contributor's Corner (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   VampiricClowns Movie Reviews (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22358)

Doc Faustus 09-04-2007 11:45 AM

I think it's also important to note that Zombie didn't have to compete with Halloween, just to do something better than Halloween 9 would have been.

VampiricClown 09-04-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Faustus (Post 625274)
I think it's also important to note that Zombie didn't have to compete with Halloween, just to do something better than Halloween 9 would have been.

True. I will say this. I liked the first bit of the movie a lot. The prequel probably would have been enough.

missmacabre 09-05-2007 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VampiricClown (Post 625362)
True. I will say this. I liked the first bit of the movie a lot. The prequel probably would have been enough.

Yeah, I agree with that. If he could have stretched the prequel story line (which wouldn't have been too hard, just space out the killings) I would have been much more interested.

I really like your masters of Horror review btw.

VampiricClown 09-05-2007 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missmacabre (Post 625482)
Yeah, I agree with that. If he could have stretched the prequel story line (which wouldn't have been too hard, just space out the killings) I would have been much more interested.

I really like your masters of Horror review btw.

Thank you. :)

ferretchucker 09-16-2007 12:33 PM

I don't care if it's a spoiler, I've heard about a rape scene everywhere and that it was "not needed", but what is it? Does michael rape someone?

massacre man 09-16-2007 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretchucker (Post 628498)
I don't care if it's a spoiler, I've heard about a rape scene everywhere and that it was "not needed", but what is it? Does michael rape someone?

It's only in the workprint, not the theatrical version. Anyway, Lew Temple's character rapes a girl in Michael's cell, and that's how Michael escapes. This was later replaced by Michael taking out Bill Moseley and the other guards.

ferretchucker 09-17-2007 08:25 AM

why did michael never kill the girl in his cell?

Infact, why was there a girl in michaels cell, he's a mass murderer.

massacre man 09-17-2007 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretchucker (Post 628608)

Lew Temple takes her in there from her cell.

Doc Faustus 09-17-2007 12:15 PM

Then the workprint is actually better, because killing the guards took way too long.

Psycom5k 09-17-2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretchucker (Post 628608)

ok ok, just for a little correction of terms here, cause this is driving me nuts.

MASS MURDERER = SOMEBODY WHO KILLS MANY PEOPLE AT ONCE

SERIAL KILLER = SOMEBODY WHO KILLS LOTS OF PEOPLE NOT AT ONCE.

Also, would you kill somebody if you sympothized with them? The movie also shows that Micheal is not 100% evil, in the movie he doesn't kill his baby sister or his mom because they didn't do anything to him like the stepfather and older sister, until his little sister stabs him. Also, he probably sympothized with the girl who was raped because she was being raped and was being held in a cell just like him.