Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   TV Shows (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The Strain mini-series: based on the novel by Del Toro & Hogan (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64546)

Monkey Astronaut 08-18-2014 03:37 PM

SPOILERS Episode 6

The pacing of this series is improving although I was hoping the eclipse would occur earlier in the episode. The Gus scenes are quickly becoming one of my favorite things about the show. The scenes with Vasiliy Fet were pretty good too. Nice to see Nora and her mother show up at Setrakian's pawn shop. Let the vampire hunting begin!

Baron Von Marlon 08-21-2014 07:58 AM

Second season is confirmed.
Supposed to be 5 seasons total.

hammerfan 08-21-2014 09:13 AM

That makes me happy. I like this show.

newb 08-22-2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 976054)
That makes me happy. I like this show.

i'll have to give it my usual 3 show tries....if it don't grab me by 3...i'm out

hammerfan 08-23-2014 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newb (Post 976162)
i'll have to give it my usual 3 show tries....if it don't grab me by 3...i'm out

I have the same policy. There's been a few shows that I just couldn't get into.

Monkey Astronaut 08-24-2014 07:09 PM

SPOILERS

Episode 7. The opening scene with the deserted bar was kind of creepy and the subsequent attack scene was gruesome. I was hoping the eclipse scenes would last a bit longer though. Glad they are continuing the flashbacks. Nazi vampires are a bit cliche but they do it here well enough. The revelation that Setrakian hand crafted The Master's coffin was interesting. I thought the build up to the confrontation between Eichhorst and Setrakian in the subway was also pretty good. Wan't expecting that ending!

Monkey Astronaut 08-25-2014 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newb (Post 976162)

This show actually has gotten better as it went along but it didn't start out strong.

Damn Heathen 08-29-2014 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art School Dropout (Post 976374)
This show actually has gotten better as it went along but it didn't start out strong.

Good to know. I dropped out a few weeks ago and must catch up.

ImmortalSlasher 08-31-2014 07:12 AM

It is getting better but I still don't know about it. I guess there are so few episodes in a season that they figured why not renew it. I'm not sure I like the twist with the one family either. Have to see how that turns out. I guess I need to know how these vampires were defeated in the first place. As even Blade would have problems defeating a bunch of them on his own.

Monkey Astronaut 08-31-2014 10:10 PM

SPOILERS

Episode 8: "Creatures of the Night" Nice to see Vasiliy Fet finally meet up with Ephraim's group, plus Dutch Velders too. Setrakian was bad-ass once again during the gas station scenes. Epic Rick Baker cameo! Can't say I felt bad about Sean Astin's character being infected. The gas station ceiling caving in looked pretty cool. I was hoping to see more of Mr. Quinlan in this episode. I hadn't realized at the time but under the vampire makeup is actor Stephen McHattie.