Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Empty Town" type of horror ->recommendations (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38548)

neverending 11-15-2008 07:33 AM

Nope... not even going to bother....

bloodrayne 11-15-2008 08:05 AM

Stephen King's 'Desperation'

La Chat Noire 11-15-2008 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodrayne (Post 758464)

Is the movie pretty good? I tried reading the book and just couldn't get into it, which is weird since I usually love his books.

_____V_____ 11-15-2008 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masterj (Post 758413)
I know, but I just don't like movies older than from 1980... I think that best sci-fi horror movies were created between 1990 and 2000

Excuse me, but, have you been to the shrink's lately?

Painfulldeath 11-15-2008 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masterj (Post 758413)
I know, but I just don't like movies older than from 1980... I think that best sci-fi horror movies were created between 1990 and 2000

That's the equivalent of saying that you prefer expired potato chips to fresh ones.

masterj 11-15-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodrayne (Post 758464)

Desperation looks really promising :) thank you

masterj 11-15-2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Painfulldeath (Post 758473)
That's the equivalent of saying that you prefer expired potato chips to fresh ones.

why would you compare something like that? Everyone has his or hers likes and dislikes. I really liked almost all the sci-fi movies from 90s that i watched. For me it is kinda hard to watch movie and 'feel' the horror when you see cars/atmosphere/people clothes from 70s. You see all those people and think: "cool clothes, disco age, dude, look at his hair" and it is good thing for adventure movie or even comedy, but when you're watching horror you kinda want to image what would you do when something like this happened

Despare 11-15-2008 09:33 AM

Masterj, is the reason you like more recent sci-fi flicks because they're more current with the technology they use or AT LEAST more plausable? Just kind of trying to get a hold on why you like the current crop better.

masterj 11-15-2008 10:14 AM

Because of technology they use in movies. You watch movie and see all those cars likely to be driving on the street, all those people who really look like if they could be living somewhere the same moment you're watching movie... It looks like EVERYTHING is happening TODAY.
Of course most of movies nowadays are total crap. Everyone can take camcorder and record "movie" and even print dvd cover and sell it like some blockbuster. Even Hollywood is trying to create movies where 100 people would like to watch them one time instead of the movie where one person would like to watch it 100 times...
Anyway, I watch horror/sci-fi movies from 90s mainly. It is so called "golden middle" for me, where special effects, filmed era and movie story looks really watchable.

Again, sorry for my english, it isn't easy to express myself

Despare 11-15-2008 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masterj (Post 758535)
Because of technology they use in movies. You watch movie and see all those cars likely to be driving on the street, all those people who really look like if they could be living somewhere the same moment you're watching movie... It looks like EVERYTHING is happening TODAY.
Of course most of movies nowadays are total crap. Everyone can take camcorder and record "movie" and even print dvd cover and sell it like some blockbuster. Even Hollywood is trying to create movies where 100 people would like to watch them one time instead of the movie where one person would like to watch it 100 times...
Anyway, I watch horror/sci-fi movies from 90s mainly. It is so called "golden middle" for me, where special effects, filmed era and movie story looks really watchable.

Again, sorry for my english, it isn't easy to express myself

A lot of sci-films happen in the future, why would you want it to look like today?