Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   donate body to science? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9012)

Hate_Breeder 08-16-2004 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by orangestar
I want to be buried... but then again my biggest fear is being buried alive. Maybe If I'll be creamated so I'll die in the process.
I heard this legend that a guy "died" but he had a phone installed into his coffin, just in case. Then that day the phone rang and they heard the mans voice say "come and get me" then nothing. So they went to his grave and dug up the coffin and the phone was off the hook :eek:

Hate_Breeder 08-16-2004 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Egekrusher
You can donate your live body to me... oh, wait...

Anyways..

I want to be cryogenically frozen as well. I saw an episode of Star Trek where they discovered a satellite from our times floating in space filled with cryogenically frozen bodies, and they managed to bring them back... heh...

I'm a fucking nerd.

Hooray thats 2 for cryogenically freezing. But if it costs a lot of money....i would just die in a freezer :)

orangestar 08-16-2004 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
I heard this legend that a guy "died" but he had a phone installed into his coffin, just in case. Then that day the phone rang and they heard the mans voice say "come and get me" then nothing. So they went to his grave and dug up the coffin and the phone was off the hook :eek:
wow I just read that exact one in an Urban legends book I checked out. Its fake by the way....:D

darthvonpokemon 08-16-2004 08:24 PM

Quote:

But if it costs a lot of money....i would just die in a freezer
I can arrange that. Big fridge and I rarely go grocery shopping :D
CK

Hate_Breeder 08-16-2004 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by orangestar
wow I just read that exact one in an Urban legends book I checked out. Its fake by the way....:D
Are you talking about Alligators in the Sewer and 101 other Urban Legends?

darthvonpokemon 08-16-2004 08:29 PM

There is a hint of truth to it. There was a coffin with a tube on it that had a rope attached to the dead's wrist and the other end to a bell outside that could be rung in case of premature burial.
CK

LeprousHag 08-16-2004 08:51 PM

back in the days before people readily donated their bodies to science, a large group of medical students was expected to gather around a single cadaver while the instructor demonstrated how an autopsy was carried out. this was a huge pain in the ass and didn't offer the students any hands-on experience, so for a while there, they were expected to show up to class with their own cadaver. these were illegally obtained through grave robbing and such, so the schooling had to be done underground and kept secret.

movieman64 08-16-2004 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by darthvonpokemon
There is a hint of truth to it. There was a coffin with a tube on it that had a rope attached to the dead's wrist and the other end to a bell outside that could be rung in case of premature burial.
CK

There were severaal instances of PB back in the 1800's, before embalming was used.

As far as Donating my body to science, if it's any thing even remotely close to Anatomy/Anatomy 2...no freakin way.

movieman64 08-16-2004 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
I think there was a Twilight Zone story were an elderly woman get getting a call from someone, (can't remember what they said), When they traced the line it was broken and lying on a grave in the cemetary.

nine9 08-16-2004 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LeprousHag
back in the days before people readily donated their bodies to science, a large group of medical students was expected to gather around a single cadaver while the instructor demonstrated how an autopsy was carried out. this was a huge pain in the ass and didn't offer the students any hands-on experience, so for a while there, they were expected to show up to class with their own cadaver. these were illegally obtained through grave robbing and such, so the schooling had to be done underground and kept secret.
Very interesting....I have heard that before...........very attractive screen name BTW! LOL! :eek: