Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Official 2012 Food Related Thread (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60672)

newb 03-22-2012 05:27 PM

we had a bunch of people over for St Patricks day and made a few corned beefs....3 of them were boiled [ traditional ] and one we tried a bit different.

you take a flat brisket corned beef....cover it with brown sugar on both sides...place in casserole dish...pour 2 bottles of Guinness in and bake in a 340 oven for 2 1/2 hours.

it came out great but for the record...most people seemed to like the boiled better. Worth a try though and very easy.

fortunato 03-22-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newb (Post 921840)
we had a bunch of people over for St Patricks day and made a few corned beefs....3 of them were boiled [ traditional ] and one we tried a bit different.

you take a flat brisket corned beef....cover it with brown sugar on both sides...place in casserole dish...pour 2 bottles of Guinness in and bake in a 340 oven for 2 1/2 hours.

it came out great but for the record...most people seemed to like the boiled better. Worth a try though and very easy.

Man, that sounds delicious. I'll have to give that a shot soon. Forget waiting until next St. Patrick's Day.

newb 03-22-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortunato (Post 921843)
Man, that sounds delicious. I'll have to give that a shot soon. Forget waiting until next St. Patrick's Day.

actually I said the same thing to my wife....we love the whole corned beef meal but only have it like once a year.

hammerfan 03-23-2012 03:05 AM

Never was a fan of corned beef. I might have to try it again, though. Since I quit smoking, I've found that there are foods that I never liked that I like now, and vice versa.

Having a Wawa Sizzli Croissant with bacon, egg and cheese, and a cup of Kona coffee with French Vanilla cream.

cheebacheeba 03-23-2012 05:42 AM

Took the lady out for dinner for her birthday.
We went to an Indian restaraunt.

Got some pappadams with carraway seeds in them
Some cucumber raita, some mint sauce, a side dish of diced tomatoes onions and corriander, a masala tea, she had something called a chocolate lassi that didn't seem to have any chocolate in it though somehow tasted like a good approximation, one plain naan bread, one with garlic and parsley, a few starters including a vegetarian pakora, and some chicken tikka.
Some nicely done rice, served with a mild lamb curry with tomato onion and capsicum called bhuna Gosht, butter (aka makhani) chicken, and some palak paneer which is a spinach dish with cooked ?cheese? (bit like haloumi) which was just crazy awesome.
Had some mango khulfi for dessert which is close to what we call ice cream but a bit different in texture.

Really nice meal. Totally stuffed.

hammerfan 03-23-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 921857)
Took the lady out for dinner for her birthday.

Tell Spalla I said happy birthday.

roshiq 03-23-2012 06:38 AM

darn! wrong place at a wrong time! Above posts just made me hungry like a pig!:mad:

hammerfan 03-23-2012 07:26 AM

Had a tuna club for lunch along with chips and a soda.

newb 03-23-2012 07:54 AM

Had a corned beef on rye.....yeah....still eating leftovers

finished it off though

ofekbmi 03-23-2012 10:07 AM

omelette with bacon