Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Recent Acquisitions. (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11318)

kpropain 02-04-2005 06:41 AM

Well I bought quite a few again yesterday...:D

Don't Go In The House
House By The Cemetary
Hatchet For The Honeymoon
I Bury The Living
The Stuff
Tourist Trap
Steele's Law
Mountaintop Motel Massacre
Cannibal Man

Spaghetti / Westerns
Four Of The Apocolypse - Lucio Fulci
A Fistful Of Dollars - Sergio Leone
The Quick And the Dead
Pale Rider

42ndStreetFreak 02-04-2005 07:03 AM

Some interesting movies there.

Don't Go In The House - Pretty good stuff, can't live up to it's one scene of infamy though View

House By The Cemetary - fine slice of Gothic Fulci..weird as hell plot though!

I Bury The Living - Big letdown I thought, a great idea wasted. View

The Stuff - BAGS of silly fun.

Tourist Trap - Very underrated little treat. Nice DVD as well for the price. View

Mountaintop Motel Massacre - Okay in parts, not nearly nasty enough though.

Cannibal Man - Behind the wildly inappropriate re-title (no cannibal man here!) lies a solid and well made Euro shocker. View

urgeok 02-04-2005 02:12 PM

White Chicks ... our babysitter kept saying this was funnier n hell so i'll check it out

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind ...bunch of folk here raving about this one ..

The Station Agent

The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

AUSTIN316426808 02-04-2005 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by urgeok
White Chicks ... our babysitter kept saying this was funnier n hell so i'll check it out

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind ...bunch of folk here raving about this one ..

The Station Agent

The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

I thought White Chicks was f'n hilarious.

42ndStreetFreak 02-05-2005 01:02 AM

"The Thing" - upgrade from the old non-anamorphic print. MUCH better looking and that orange tinge to the blood that was a pain on the old print has gone as well. Good stuff!

AUSTIN316426808 02-05-2005 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by urgeok
i just found a sealed copy of audition in a bargain bin .. 25% off..
in a mainstream music store in a mall no less.
the same place i gound the 1st two seasons of Land of the Lost ..

even the kick ass specialty store i go to doesnt have them

I took some interest in audition after seeing it on a Bruce Cambell hosted special I think it was a top however many countdown of either scariest moments or scariest films I can't remember exactly, looked for it on my last trip out to the specialty store I mainly go to but couldn't find it, I guess what I'm getting at is...was it great,good,mediocre,bad,horrible?

urgeok 02-05-2005 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
I took some interest in audition after seeing it on a Bruce Cambell hosted special I think it was a top however many countdown of either scariest moments or scariest films I can't remember exactly, looked for it on my last trip out to the specialty store I mainly go to but couldn't find it, I guess what I'm getting at is...was it great,good,mediocre,bad,horrible?

not to sounds like a broken record .. but i havent gotten a chance to see it yet :rolleyes:

Tat2 02-05-2005 03:28 PM

Just picked up:

Ed Gein
JU-ON
Lost Souls

42ndStreetFreak 02-08-2005 02:28 AM

Rare pre-cert VHS goodness in the form of "Cataclysm"...GREAT cover.

DVD of "Island of Death" Goat beware!

bargian price DVD of Abel Ferrara's "R' Xmas".
As i am reading "The Moral Vision" about his films and I'm picking up some cheap copies of his later movies.

AUSTIN316426808 02-08-2005 02:35 AM

Fight Club

didn't go out for the purpose of nor did I plan to buy any movies but for some reason there was a Fight Club dvd on the book shelf I was looking through so I just tossed it in the cart.