Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror Fiction Posts (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   HDC Idol II 2011-2012 (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58562)

horrorzack 09-14-2011 05:19 AM

Ooooh. This is interesting :D. I have my subject I just need to write it out.

Doc Faustus 09-14-2011 09:23 AM

If any of you bring up quick brown foxes and lazy yellow dogs, heads will roll.

roshiq 09-14-2011 12:17 PM

Not good in writing stories...but I'll give a try just to stay in the competition...:(

Btw, do we need to use those "A to Z" words in alphabetical order or randomly as just where it fits?

The Villain 09-14-2011 02:17 PM

Damn why couldn't i have gotten this one!!!

_____V_____ 09-15-2011 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roshiq (Post 904071)
Not good in writing stories...but I'll give a try just to stay in the competition...:(

Btw, do we need to use those "A to Z" words in alphabetical order or randomly as just where it fits?

I think you will do wonderfully well, Rosh. ;)

Not necessarily in alphabetical order. They can be anywhere in your story - just remember that you have to use at least ONE word for each letter of the alphabet in your story.

(the toughies will be the Q-word and the X-word, if you know what I mean) :D

ChronoGrl 09-15-2011 06:19 AM

Very cool challenge... Tough, but cool - Thought about it a lot last night - I actually have a concept - Kinda wish this was for the Goblins. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

ferretchucker 09-15-2011 01:24 PM

Oooh, a challenge like this would be perfect! Lucky Ogres!

Now, this is a sidenote for which I thought it wasn't worth reviving the original Idol thread.

Neverending, I recall a remake challenge last year where I suggested a Jaws remake (not that I agreed with it, and I wouldn't pick that film again in a million years. It was a bad choice) HOWEVER, what I did suggest was Bill Pullman for the part of Quint. You weren't sure about that casting and instead suggested Harvey Keitel. Now, that was an equally fine choice, and I do not say this out of bitterness, just that I feel it is relevant. If EVER there were proof that Bill Pullman is a fine, under appreciated actor capable of playing an excellent variety of characters, it is Torchwood: Miracle Day.

Not sure how big it was in the US, but I've always loved Torchwood, and I know this new series was shown on a channel called Starz. Pullman plays a character who is the definition of unsettling. Slight twitches and mannerisms allow you to fear and despise him without him even uttering a word. Again, this is not a "FUCK YOU, NEV, I WAS RIGHT". (I'm petty, but not THAT petty :D ) Just that I felt Pullman needed a big-up ;)

roshiq 09-16-2011 11:10 AM

Today after lunch, I made an attempt to write a story after quite a long time. Whether anyone take it as an excuse or whatever but the truth is I've never actually succeed in writing down a whole story (of my original idea) before...even in my first language/mother tongue--Bangla. And that frustrated not only me but also my friends here as they always been a great listeners to my 'ideas & plots'. Anyway, after writing the first paragraph of my story I recalled that there's a limitation of using only about 200 words in the challenge along with the "A to Z" ground rule. Then I looked down at the bottom of my word sheet and it says near about 300 words and that just for a paragraph when the main events were still long away from happening.

Anyway, I'm pretty glad right now that I've finally able to done it. I don't care whatever crap it turned out but at least satisfied knowing that at last I've finished writing down a story through a good challenge.

I'll send it to V, very soon.:)

newb 09-16-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roshiq (Post 904206)
Today after lunch, I made an attempt to write a story after quite a long time. Whether anyone take it as an excuse or whatever but the truth is I've never actually succeed in writing down a whole story (of my original idea) before...even in my first language/mother tongue--Bangla. And that frustrated not only me but also my friends here as they always been a great listeners to my 'ideas & plots'. Anyway, after writing the first paragraph of my story I recalled that there's a limitation of using only about 200 words in the challenge along with the "A to Z" ground rule. Then I looked down at the bottom of my word sheet and it says near about 300 words and that just for a paragraph when the main events were still long away from happening.

Anyway, I'm pretty glad right now that I've finally able to done it. I don't care whatever crap it turned out but at least satisfied knowing that at last I've finished writing down a story through a good challenge.

I'll send it to V, very soon.:)

see......this forum can be very inspiring........WTG Rosh

_____V_____ 09-16-2011 09:35 PM

UPDATE

And we are into the final 24 hours for the Ogres, and I have received ONE entry so far...

...which has been duly forwarded to the Judges.

Your Honors, please check your PMs.