Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   biggest selling horror movies you hated (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58268)

leezuki 09-12-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steven_v (Post 903887)
both hostels. absolute trash i thought

first hostel is good, i can understand hostel 2.

fiend_skull 09-17-2011 12:46 AM

Phantasm is one of those films that I know a lot of people liked, but I don't care for it at all. It just felt particularly silly watching those Ewok-ish characters run around and the little sci-fi twist just felt wrong with the supernatural set-up.

My biggest problem really has to be that the movie felt pretty straight-forward and obvious, lacking any sort of in-depth storytelling.

leezuki 09-17-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiend_skull (Post 904248)
Phantasm is one of those films that I know a lot of people liked, but I don't care for it at all. It just felt particularly silly watching those Ewok-ish characters run around and the little sci-fi twist just felt wrong with the supernatural set-up.

My biggest problem really has to be that the movie felt pretty straight-forward and obvious, lacking any sort of in-depth storytelling.

i hated phantasm as well, bored the hell out of me.

The Villain 09-17-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leezuki (Post 904308)
i hated phantasm as well, bored the hell out of me.

What is wrong with you two? :eek:

I didnt love it but i enjoyed it. To each their own i guess

leezuki 09-17-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Villain (Post 904317)
What is wrong with you two? :eek:

I didnt love it but i enjoyed it. To each their own i guess

lol, i just couln not get excited over a flying ball ;)

Sistinas666 09-17-2011 02:11 PM

I love Phantasm too...These people are crazy!!! lol/jk

I can't stand The Exorcist...I just don't get the hype...:confused:

leezuki 09-17-2011 02:14 PM

i love exorcist :eek:

it's the story in the movie i liked.

Fearonsarms 09-25-2011 02:30 PM

I'm with The Flayed One in that I preferred Exorcist 3 to the first Exorcist.

Bluequiet 09-27-2011 12:45 PM

I actually feel very bad about myself, like I'm an idiot or something, but I find no enjoyment in The Evil Dead. I impulse bought the DVD of it before I had ever seen it because it has always been raved about, and then I watched it a few times and realized I had a DVD of a movie I would never watch again.

I also feel like nobody could possibly respect my opinion on anything when I say I was thoroughly unimpressed with:
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
Don't Look Now (1973) [I have a hard time accepting this as a horror film]
The Howling (1981) [one of my least favorite werewolf films]
The Haunting (1963) [too early for this forum, but it's on my "most overhyped" list]

and I've seen The Reflecting Skin often discussed as a great horror movie, but that is NOT a horror film. It's not, and anybody who says otherwise is more stupid than me for not liking The Evil Dead and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I feel similar with Picnic at Hanging Rock, though there is at least some intrigue with that one from a horror/supernatural/whatever angle.

The Villain 09-27-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluequiet (Post 905150)
I actually feel very bad about myself, like I'm an idiot or something, but I find no enjoyment in The Evil Dead. I impulse bought the DVD of it before I had ever seen it because it has always been raved about, and then I watched it a few times and realized I had a DVD of a movie I would never watch again.

I also feel like nobody could possibly respect my opinion on anything when I say I was thoroughly unimpressed with:
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
Don't Look Now (1973) [I have a hard time accepting this as a horror film]
The Howling (1981) [one of my least favorite werewolf films]
The Haunting (1963) [too early for this forum, but it's on my "most overhyped" list]

and I've seen The Reflecting Skin often discussed as a great horror movie, but that is NOT a horror film. It's not, and anybody who says otherwise is more stupid than me for not liking The Evil Dead and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I feel similar with Picnic at Hanging Rock, though there is at least some intrigue with that one from a horror/supernatural/whatever angle.

You're probably not going to get a lot of people to agree with you on your choices but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. To be honest, i liked Evil Dead but i don't really get the big deal about it.