Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Comics (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What comic are you reading at the moment? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30923)

cheebacheeba 07-22-2010 05:14 PM

Yeah just read the issue of TWD myself - I have to say when I first saw that "ending" segment I thought what the fuck? Are they honestly changing the comic THIS much? Glad to get that whole "Not to be continued" part on there.

The show has been in development for quite a while now as far as I'm aware, it's coming out in a few months.

novadawn969 07-23-2010 07:38 AM

I've known scince January/Febuary... Fan mail rocks.

I'm excited... :p

I watched a couple of the behind the scenes videos the other day...
It looks like Georgia all right...

And I haven't read the last couple issues yet... :(

Weapon X 07-23-2010 10:05 PM

Superman/Batman #50-52.

ChronoGrl 07-25-2010 06:48 AM

Just read Vol. 5 of Warren Ellis' Transmetropolitan. I have NO IDEA how he does it, but this comic somehow gets better and better with each volume. Fantastic angry political sci-fi that is at time funny and poignant and ALWAYS compelling. Awesomely well-written with brilliant art to boot. Often makes me want to CHEER. ...Buy it, borrow it, steal it - WHATEVER... JUST READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently finishing off Volume 6...

rayzor 07-25-2010 07:45 AM

Hey Fiends! Just finished for the millionth time Marvel Zombies 1 of 5 and Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness. Pretty campy but I always enjoy it.

Weapon X 07-27-2010 11:06 AM

Deadpool Corps.

ChronoGrl 07-27-2010 05:28 PM

Finished Fables Vols 1 and 2. What a blast. Incredibly clever stuff.

Weapon X 08-05-2010 10:29 PM

Stephen King's "N." #1-3.

ChronoGrl 08-07-2010 03:36 PM

Planetary vols 1 and 2.

Wow.

Ridiculously well-crafted science fiction from Warren Ellis. A series of inter-woven vignettes that compelling, thought-provoking, and just good solid reading.

HIGHLY recommended.

Also finished Fables Vol 3: Storybook Love

Currently reading Fables Vol 4: March of the Wooden Soldiers.

Really great comic. Also recommended.

I am currently waiting for Transmetropolitan Vol 8: Dirge to be reissued in September so I can pick up that series again. I think that I have fallen in love with Warren Ellis.

massacre man 08-08-2010 08:57 AM

About to get into Green Arrow: Year One.

Weapon X 08-11-2010 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massacre man (Post 869636)
About to get into Green Arrow: Year One.

Good one. Hardback with all 6 issues?

I am currently browsing through Batman: War Drums.

cheebacheeba 08-12-2010 07:13 AM

Justice League - Generation Lost
Still one of the best things on DC's lineup...you don't have to know any of the characters involved prior the title, but you might want to get this one from the beginning. Just, such an awesome independent storyline.

Incredible Hulk 611
Wow, nice. Actually a tear jerker. Really well done.

donherion 08-13-2010 01:22 PM

Creepy Archives

I am currently on #4 of the Creepy archives series...great art and stories from legends like the late Frank Franzetta, Angelo Torres, Reed Crandall, Al williamson, among others. Check them out.

Weapon X 08-22-2010 11:30 AM

The Blue, The Grey and The Bat.

Erika_Knight 08-29-2010 06:22 PM

Scott Pilgrim vs the World - I love it. Also just picked up The Darkness, which I'll get to reading very soon, just gotta get through a couple of novels, so that I have the time to read it.

Doc Faustus 08-30-2010 08:03 AM

I cannot say enough nice things about Scott Pilgrim...
The Darkness, however, is another story.
http://www.withersin.com/review_the_darkness_comics.htm

Morbidementia 08-31-2010 10:27 PM

I just finished up Charles Burns' excellent Black Hole... this guy's art is so damn good its downright intimidating. I know I'll never be half the artist he is, but then again neither will anyone else.

Right now I'm reading Vampirella: Crimson Chronicles. I really love the old-school black and white art, they just don't make it like that any more.

Morbidementia 08-31-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novadawn969 (Post 868083)
The Walking Dead...
And they are making it a show!
Woot! :p

Have you seen the trailer for the Walking Dead show yet? Its incredible! I was worried about them making a mess of it by bringing it to TV, but now I am nothing but stoked.

cheebacheeba 08-31-2010 10:32 PM

Yeah, the trailer looks pretty solid...very good quality production I'd say.
Hanging on checking it out - as well as I think it'll be great to introduce non-comic people to this universe Kirkman has set up.
It's funny, the trailer looks like it covers so much...but it's all from the first few issues.

ChronoGrl 09-01-2010 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbidementia (Post 872909)
I just finished up Charles Burns' excellent Black Hole... this guy's art is so damn good its downright intimidating. I know I'll never be half the artist he is, but then again neither will anyone else.

Charles Burns is sooooooooooooooo fantastic... Have you read his other stuff? His work El Borbah is great noir pulp. I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, but I loved it. Definitely different than Black Hole, but really enjoyable. Highly recommend it. Plus, if you dig his art, you'll really like it.

Still reading Fables - I'm on Volume 10: The Good Prince. It's getting a little repetitive, but nonetheless still enjoyable.

friday13thfan 09-01-2010 10:23 AM

Just read the last Scott Pilgrim book. Good series.

Morbidementia 09-01-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronoGrl (Post 872958)
Charles Burns is sooooooooooooooo fantastic... Have you read his other stuff? His work El Borbah is great noir pulp. I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, but I loved it. Definitely different than Black Hole, but really enjoyable. Highly recommend it. Plus, if you dig his art, you'll really like it.

I'm actually looking to find a copy of El Borbah, I read it a long time ago and want to read it again. Once I have more disposable income, I plan on buying all Burns' stuff I can find. I do already own Hard Boiled Defective Stories, which stars El Borbah and, like you said, is TOTALLY different from Black Hole. I hear some folks are trying to make a movie out of Black Hole, that could be interesting, though it seems like it would be very difficult to translate it to screen.

Weapon X 09-08-2010 10:34 AM

New Avengers.

Frank Zubek 09-17-2010 11:15 AM

Has anyone mentioned American Vampire from Vertigo Comics yet?

Scott Snyder is writing it

The series is on issue # 6 and it's pretty wild so far
Vampires that can walk around in daylight in the old west!

Sistinas666 09-17-2010 11:23 AM

I'm re-reading my old Thunderbolts copies because comics cost too damn much these days.:mad:

ChronoGrl 09-18-2010 06:31 AM

Read volumes 9 and 10 of Transmetropolitan... Go Spider, go! This is now quite possibly my favorite comic series out there. Incredibly smart and well-written and HIGHLY recommended.

Doc Faustus 09-19-2010 02:53 PM

My local bookstore just got in Volume 8. I'm pretty pissed about how long I'll need to wait before 9 and 10 come about.

ChronoGrl 09-19-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Faustus (Post 875185)
My local bookstore just got in Volume 8. I'm pretty pissed about how long I'll need to wait before 9 and 10 come about.

I'm really confused about how the printing and re-printing is working with this series...

My library has all of the volumes, except Volume 8, which I just purchased on Amazon so that I wouldn't have to wait for them to get it in. Amazon also has 9, 10, and Tales of Human Waste, if you're interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Transmetropoli...d=C5TV5L5PY05M

http://www.amazon.com/Transmetropoli...d=C5TV5L5PY05M

My current goal is to purchase a volume a month to back-fill my collection... I feel so strongly about this series that I'm not even thinking twice about buying them all... Also started buying them for a friend of mine. REALLY good stuff.

Got me into Planetary, too, which is some of the best science fiction that I have ever read... And the boyfriend is going to get the whole Planetary set for his Birthday. :D

Spookhouse 09-20-2010 02:45 PM

O-Parts Hunter

http://www.popcultureshock.com/wp-co...ga/oparts7.jpg

Weapon X 10-01-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Zubek (Post 874929)
Has anyone mentioned American Vampire from Vertigo Comics yet?

Scott Snyder is writing it

The series is on issue # 6 and it's pretty wild so far
Vampires that can walk around in daylight in the old west!

Don't like the graphics much.

Bought myself a bunch of Elseworlds titles recently. Now reading Batman: Leatherwing.

massacre man 10-06-2010 07:21 PM

Gonna get into Superman: Birthright soon.

Caenxavier 10-06-2010 08:42 PM

Starting "The 6th Gun" by Cullen Bunn & Brian Hurtt. It's worth checking out and I love it so far!

Wild west and the occult, hoooray!

Weapon X 10-07-2010 12:06 PM

Marvel Universe vs The Punisher.

endo 10-09-2010 11:28 PM

Horror comics online

Reading through some old re-prints of the EC series. Tales From The Crypt was a great comic.

BTW, anyone know of a good site to go read them? I mean like the old EC Tales, Vault etc., and stuff like The House Of Mystery or Tales Of The Unexpected from the 70's.

There was a great site that had all kinds of comics of every genre, but it is apparently done.
So if anyone knows of another place, I'd love to check it out.

kimkardashian 10-11-2010 08:38 PM

I am reading a mystery suspense book of Sara Shepard named as "Pretty little liars" which is much more interseting.

Weapon X 10-18-2010 12:39 AM

Batman/Nightwing: Bloodborne.

Weapon X 10-20-2010 10:57 AM

Batman: Two Faces.

iSeymore 10-21-2010 09:28 AM

Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash, great story line I like how they included the protagonists from 2003's Freddy Vs. Jason. Will, & Lori. Nuff said.

cheebacheeba 10-22-2010 07:50 PM

Kick-Ass Volume 2 Issue #1.
Great to have this comic back...interesting intro to the second series too...not much has happened yet but a nice setup.

iSeymore 10-24-2010 08:57 AM

Friday the 13th the graphic novel; So much I loved the art and story-line.