Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Recent Acquisitions. (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11318)

alkytrio666 06-27-2005 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
Alfred Hitchcock box set

I really don't know what's in it yet...it was an impulse buy.....I figured it's Hitchcock so it can't all be bad....

Nice, very nice.

Tell me what it has when you find out. Hopefully it has the obvious good ones (Rear Window, Psycho, North by Northwest, Vertigo, Notorious) and some of his less famous, but equally good (Rope, Dial "M" for Murder, Sabatour, Suspicion)

Let me know!

barbra 06-27-2005 08:39 PM

of montreal

sunidelic twins or something like that.

alkytrio666 06-27-2005 08:40 PM

Went to Wal-Mart today and picked up The Muppets Take Manhattan and Creepshow from the $5.50 bin. Egad, I love that bin!

Anyway, I have yet to see Creepshow...any good? I've heard some good things about it, and I figured $5.50 for a Romero/King combo wasn't a bad move at all.

barbra 06-27-2005 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by alkytrio666
Went to Wal-Mart today and picked up The Muppets Take Manhattan and Creepshow from the $5.50 bin. Egad, I love that bin!

Anyway, I have yet to see Creepshow...any good? I've heard some good things about it, and I figured $5.50 for a Romero/King combo wasn't a bad move at all.

its funny, you'll like it. go watch it already

urgeok 06-28-2005 05:48 AM

Quote:

Nice, very nice.

Tell me what it has when you find out. Hopefully it has the obvious good ones (Rear Window, Psycho, North by Northwest, Vertigo, Notorious) and some of his less famous, but equally good (Rope, Dial "M" for Murder, Sabatour, Suspicion)

Let me know!

unfortunately a lot of these cheapo hitchcock boxsets you see lately have really old stuff ... before he was a name (manxman, farmers daughter ... etc ... and the 39 steps ... all the public domain stuff...

hopefully he didnt get that - but if it was cheap - what the hell .. i guess it's interesting as a history lesson.

The_Return 06-28-2005 06:15 AM

Quote:

Awesome movie. I got mine from that bin, too:p

AUSTIN316426808 06-28-2005 09:38 AM

The Daily Show- Indecision '04

AUSTIN316426808 06-28-2005 09:47 AM

Quote:

Nice, very nice.

Let me know!

-Mr. & Mrs. Smith (that's right it's a remake but it's different, the recent one is action/comedy, Hitchcock's is romantic comedy)

-Suspicion
-Dial M for Murder
-The Manxman
-Saboteur

p.s.
Mr. & Mrs. Smith wasn't in the box set.

alkytrio666 06-28-2005 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
-Mr. & Mrs. Smith (that's right it's a remake but it's different, the recent one is action/comedy, Hitchcock's is romantic comedy)

-Suspicion
-Dial M for Murder
-The Manxman
-Saboteur

p.s.
Mr. & Mrs. Smith wasn't in the box set.

I've seen all of those except The Manxman...I loved Dial M, Saboteur was pretty good. But I never really liked Suspicion. I felt like Hitchcock built this great plot up and up through the whole movie and then just dropped it a little to quickly at the end.

AUSTIN316426808 06-28-2005 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by urgeok
manxman,

this any good?