Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Arbie
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Conversation Between Arbie and Atraxi
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 12 of 12
  1. Atraxi
    06-23-2012 01:34 PM
    Atraxi
    Not a problem!

I'm not surprised that she would have never heard of Battle Royale, unless she had specifically researched other similar stories from around the world. Battle Royale wasn't extremely popular in the US save for a few niche groups so she wouldn't really have a reason to know what it was. The book and the story are still pretty underground in the US and is only really now being known because of the popularity rising in Hunger Games and followers of Battle Royale are comparing the two in more popular areas of the internet.

I haven't read the Wikipedia entry for either stories so I don't know what's been written about them. Are you referring to the BR page or HG page?
  2. Arbie
    06-23-2012 04:39 AM
    Arbie
    Hey! In respect to not side tracking the thread, I decided to reply to you here. I hope you don't mind.

I agree what you have said. I just found it difficult to believe what I was reading when I first heard of the Hunger Games and the authors denial of knowing Battle Royale. But, I actually agree with what was written on Wikipedia about it!

Arbie x