Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Fake Shemp

Conversation Between Fake Shemp and Repo'd
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Fake Shemp
    09-27-2016 06:16 AM
    Fake Shemp
    Yeah, everybody thinks, "gee, I could make a movie" but when you get into the logistics of the thing it's an awful lot of work and everyone involved must be pretty much dedicated to the thing... pretty much any creative endeavor is honorable, so if/when you put something together I'm sure we'd all like to see it. I used to want to do creature and makeup FX when I was a kid but my dad shot me down, stating that CGI would crush any possibility of that being a way of making a living. I suppose he was right. I'd guess the most problematic thing would be getting the right people together with enough collective attention span, even for a simple fun project. Luck to you :)
  2. Repo'd
    09-24-2016 08:29 AM
    Repo'd
    My projects have all been small, just for fun stuff. Might be starting something a little bigger very soon, and if that happens I'll be looking for opinions from you guys when it's finished. The only large scale filming I ever worked on ended up being worse than frustrating and a waste of time. I'll try it again, but be smarter about who participates.
  3. Fake Shemp
    09-23-2016 12:01 PM
    Fake Shemp
    Golly, film projects? Even if they be very small and unknown, I'm impressed. Like any other fool I've always thought it would be cool to make a movie. May I enquire the nature of these projects?
  4. Repo'd
    09-21-2016 05:05 AM
    Repo'd
    Hey, FS. Yep, I knew the origin of your name right off the bat. Evil Dead is one of my favorite movies, naturally. We have used the "Fake Shemp" credit in one or two of our VERY small and unknown movie projects.
    I chose Repo'd because I am a huge fan of the Horror musical, Repo: The Genetic Opera. It's not for all tastes, so I can't say with any certainty that you would like it, but in my opinion it's one of the most entertaining films ever made.
  5. Fake Shemp
    09-20-2016 07:43 AM
    Fake Shemp
    Hi there! Curious about your name-- Repo'd? Mine is from a term coined by Sam Raimi for standin actors...you see it at the end credits of Evil Dead, and I thought, well, I need a standin name...
  6. Repo'd
    09-19-2016 06:41 AM
    Repo'd
    Welcome to the community, FS!