PDA

View Full Version : Ed Wood

Lucid Dreams
09-16-2004, 12:28 AM
anyone else like his work? some may say its all crappy as shit, but i just love it because no matter how bad every one said it was...he just kept at what he loved....i loved his movie "Plan 9 from Outter Space"...if i remeber correctly i think it got something in the lines of "A golden Turkey for the Worst movie" or some shit like that...

darthvonpokemon
09-16-2004, 01:16 AM
Ed was voted Worst Director of All Time and 'Plan 9' was voted Worst Film of All Time. I think the following link might interest you :
Graverobbers From Outer Space (http://www.drunkenfleshfilms.com/gr.html)
CK

IDrinkYourBlood
09-16-2004, 06:36 PM
didnt they make a movie about ed wood and that sexy johnny depp played him? man i wanna marry him.

Lucid Dreams
09-16-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by IDrinkYourBlood
didnt they make a movie about ed wood and that sexy johnny depp played him? man i wanna marry him.

yaa, that was basically a story about his life...and y is it i never stop hearing about ppl wanting johnny depp

Ritualistic
09-17-2004, 09:37 AM
I`m not a fan of his, but what does interest me about his stuff is it was controversial....

nine9
09-17-2004, 08:14 PM
Ed Wood was so horrible he was genius at it! :cool:

Well..........you have to give him credit for really loving filmaking, and putting all his whole lunatic self into every movie he made!

darthvonpokemon
09-22-2004, 07:13 PM
It was only controversal since it was considered unwatchable at the time of it's release. It hasn't gotten any better over time, but it has gotten the cult following since it is so bad. Personally, Wood was one of my heroes (along with Russ Meyer, who sadly enough, passed on today).
CK

tachii
09-27-2004, 08:32 AM
i believe plan 9 also became a musical, don't know if it is still performed though

darthvonpokemon
09-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Never heard of that. I know there is an 'Evil Dead' musical at the moment, but I think it's actually a play rather than a film.
CK

Sistinas
09-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by IDrinkYourBlood

Yes that was Johnny Depp in Ed Wood, but you already late cause I called dibbs on him first!:D

1amy
09-27-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Sistinas
Yes that was Johnny Depp in Ed Wood, but you already late cause I called dibbs on him first!:D I'm sorry but johnny depp in drag does NOT do it for me.

tachii
09-28-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by 1amy
I'm sorry but johnny depp in drag does NOT do it for me.

he is still hot though espically in pirates of the carribean (the movie sux though)

tachii
09-28-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by darthvonpokemon
Never heard of that. I know there is an 'Evil Dead' musical at the moment, but I think it's actually a play rather than a film.
CK

thats a new one to me although there was also a carrie musical at one point. i think they buried it after three shows

Sistinas
09-28-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by tachii
he is still hot though espically in pirates of the carribean (the movie sux though)

Oh yeah!HOTTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sistinas
09-28-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by 1amy
I'm sorry but johnny depp in drag does NOT do it for me.

Johnny Depp in anything(or nothing!;) ) does it for me!

tachii
09-29-2004, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Sistinas
Johnny Depp in anything(or nothing!;) ) does it for me!

HELL YES!

gothicvamp1888
10-11-2004, 05:16 AM
Ed Wood was an amazing director, just at the time there wasnt a following for work such as his, PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE being his best movie (original title GRAVEROBBERS FROM OUTER SPACE but the title was changed due to the religious backers of the film), apart from Dracula, Lugosi was at his best in PLAN 9 until his death (during the making of the movie).

and i think Johny Depp did an amazing job in the movie about Ed Woods life, then again, Johnny Depp is an amaazing actor himself (and my girlfriend wants to marry him too) and Martin Landau did an amazing job of playing Lugosi

tachii
10-22-2004, 08:18 AM
has any one gotten a chance to check out the special edition dvd of ed wood? haven't had a chance to get a hold of it yet, let me know if its worth it?

N0Hypocrites
10-25-2004, 08:53 PM
I know the original DVD release of 'Ed Wood' is getting kind of hard to come by (eBay about $60+), but haven't seen the special edition one yet. I know it comes out soon though. Looking forward to it. Amazing film about an amazing guy.
CK

tachii
11-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by N0Hypocrites
I know the original DVD release of 'Ed Wood' is getting kind of hard to come by (eBay about $60+), but haven't seen the special edition one yet. I know it comes out soon though. Looking forward to it. Amazing film about an amazing guy.
CK

yup

urgeok
11-05-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by gothicvamp1888
Ed Wood was an amazing director, just at the time there wasnt a following for work such as his, PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE being his best movie (original title GRAVEROBBERS FROM OUTER SPACE but the title was changed due to the religious backers of the film), apart from Dracula, Lugosi was at his best in PLAN 9 until his death (during the making of the movie).

and i think Johny Depp did an amazing job in the movie about Ed Woods life, then again, Johnny Depp is an amaazing actor himself (and my girlfriend wants to marry him too) and Martin Landau did an amazing job of playing Lugosi

Ed Wood was one of if not THE worst director of all times.
People dont like his films because they are good .. the love them because they cant believe how insanely inept he was.

The extent of Lugosi's involvement in Plan 9 was walking around the directors lawn. How on earth does this constitute 'his best' ??
Sorry but apart from your comments on the movie Ed Wood ... i have no idea where on earth you're coming from here ...

tachii
11-08-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
People dont like his films because they are good .. the love them because they cant believe how insanely inept he was.

The extent of Lugosi's involvement in Plan 9 was walking around the directors lawn. How on earth does this constitute 'his best' ??
Sorry but apart from your comments on the movie Ed Wood ... i have no idea where on earth you're coming from here ...

perhaps it was the best of the lot?

urgeok
11-08-2004, 09:42 AM
perhaps it was the best of the lot?

its generally understood to be the bottom of the basement ...
he didnt do a damn thing !

Not all of his work was that well known but by the time he did this he was on his last legs ... it was a pathetic way for a once respected actor to make an exit.

tachii
11-08-2004, 09:44 AM
word

Nachtmahr
11-18-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by urgeok

Exactly! :D

Plan 9 is just incredible!

tachii
11-18-2004, 09:12 AM
still haven't seen it

urgeok
11-18-2004, 12:18 PM
still haven't seen it

its worth a look .. there is one incredibly funny scene with a cop who while talking to someone is scratching his head, etc, with his gun ... waving it and pointing it all over the place as if it was a pencil or something .. priceless ..

tachii
11-19-2004, 09:03 AM
hmmmm...

ADOM
11-24-2004, 09:19 PM
In reference to the religious backers of Plan 9: About two years ago I got a call to help produce a show from some people who had helped me cast a PSA. Turned out it was a religious group with very little money with which to make the show. Everyone involved starting calling me Ed Wood by the end of the project because the show kept changing due to "religious conflicts" the backers had with it. If you've seen the Ed Wood movie you know the trouble he had making Plan 9 like he wanted to.

The local paper also gave one of my films honorable mention (dishonorable) in something they called the "Plan 9 awards" or something like that. It was for the worst horror film of all time.

What kills me is, 40 years ago Ed Wood worked with more money than I do now. Of course I work on video a lot so that makes up the difference.

MichaelMyers
11-25-2004, 11:20 AM
I just got done watching "Ed Wood". I haven't seen it in about a year. I forgot how much I love the movie. The whole way Burton did the movie was a great tribute to Ed Wood. It definitely had the whole black and white 50's b-movie feel down.

chaplain
11-25-2004, 03:23 PM
hmmmm...

tachii
11-29-2004, 05:59 AM
go fuck yourself

knife_fight
12-03-2004, 08:43 PM
I got the special edition dvd a few days ago and yes, it's worth it. The movie alone is worth $20, in my opinion, but the extras are pretty good too.