PDA

View Full Version : Soooooo cloooosseee....

Vodstok
09-13-2004, 10:37 AM
Half-life 2 is coming fast......

Valve has made the preload available, so if you have steam, you can download an encrypted version of the game that cant be activated until it is officially released. On the 15th, they send the finalo cut to vivendi entertainment for ebvaluation. If they decide they like it, it goes gold and starts printing

And THE DAY it comes out, i will be online with a credit card paying for it so i can unencrypt that motherfucker and load it up :)

The long wait is almost over......:D

And once i have played it, i will begin working on what hopefully will be the most panic and shit inducing mod ever :)

Hate_Breeder
09-13-2004, 03:20 PM
Yeah it seems like its taking forever. I totally blocked out video games for awhile and before i knew it Silent Hill 4 was out (one of my most anticipated games of this year) which was a very pleasant surprise that it came out this early.

Sistinas
09-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Do you play Day of Defeat vod?

cheebacheeba
09-13-2004, 11:37 PM
vod - single player mod, right?

Vodstok
09-15-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Sistinas

Nah, im a counterstrike whore when i do play online

Originally posted by cheebacheeba
vod - single player mod, right?

ABSOLUTELY. Horror doesnt translate very well into multiplayer. It could be done, but someone else can do that, i dont wanna. The plot i have laid out so far would be pretty long, and could work out into a 3 parter quite well. There will also be a hidden side adventure, btu im not giving away any details :)

I will be making a short story based on the plot, but i am waiting until after i play hl2 to put any work into it, because i want to know what kind of nifty shit they have in the game so i dont have to do any rewrites. Or too many anyway....

newb
09-15-2004, 11:43 AM
I was just at EB last night to pick up Fable for me...er...my kid..and I asked them when HL2 was going to be available, I was told the 2nd of November.

Vodstok
09-15-2004, 12:05 PM
The stores, both in the world and online are unreliable resources. Amazon has been saying what amounts to "2 months from now" ever since the original delay.

i would not expect it before october though. i am getting overexcited about the whole thing, though....

ShankS
09-16-2004, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Sistinas

I do.