PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the name of an oldie

Spyder
09-10-2004, 06:08 AM
Hello all.
I was reminiscing today about movies that used to scare me witless as a kid; one of them was Trilogy of Terror, which I found plenty of information on (that one still gives me the creeps when I think about it) and another one which I just can't put a name to.
I'm not sure if this movie I'm trying to find the name of was a made for TV or cinema/theater release in its day or not, so please excuse me if this is in the wrong area.

The movie, from memory, goes like this:
A family moves into an old house they've just purchased. While the husband is away at work, the wife begins a clean up of the place and hears noises coming from a grate/covering. There are voices which are beckoning her to open the grate or something to that effect.
The husband thinks she is just being silly for a little while but he eventually breaks away the opening and it reveals a deep well. He puts a padlock on the grate and consoles her that there's nothing down there, she's just stressed out etc.
While he's back at work she continues to hear these noises and starts going off her rocker and freaking out.
Anyhow I'm a bit vague on the details but in the end she ends up being enticed to open the grate and is whisked away into the underworld.
Well it's not much to go on but hopefully someone can recognise it and help me with the name of the movie. I watched it as a young lad and it always gave me the creeps, dying to see it again just for the memories. I don't have a clue who the actors were in it, sorry for the lack of information.
Hope you can help.
Cheers

juanhacko
09-10-2004, 06:36 AM
Perhaps its "Don't Look in The Dark", a TV movie from about 1973.

There's a couple of posts on it somewhere here.

nine9
09-10-2004, 07:01 AM
It is Don't Be Afraid of the Dark actually. Geez this movie sure has been brought up alot lately! MD, you had the year right. :)

Kim Darby was the actress in it.

Ritualistic
09-10-2004, 07:37 AM
It also sounds like House By the Cemetery... Do you remember little creatures in it?? If so, then the movie is Dont Be afraid of the Dark..

Spyder
09-10-2004, 08:00 AM
Excellent! I just looked up 'Don't be afraid of the dark' on Google and this was definitely the movie I was looking for.
Thanks a million guys, it's been bugging me all day.
Regards

juanhacko
09-10-2004, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Spyder
Excellent! I just looked up 'Don't be afraid of the dark' on Google and this was definitely the movie I was looking for.
Thanks a million guys, it's been bugging me all day.
Regards [/QUOTE

It is a very creepy movie--They have made some very good TV Movies, but you hardly ever see the 1 1/2 hour format on TV anymore--only two or a miniseries--which is usually way too long.

KRUGERKID13
09-10-2004, 04:54 PM
yeah the miniseries thing bothers me alot