PDA

View Full Version : I Am Free!!!!

Vodstok
09-07-2004, 07:34 AM
Okay, i will explain.. I was one of the 3d modelers for a mod for Half-Life 2 called "Defense Command" (http://defensecommand.com )

It was all good fun, but i got tired of modeleing vehicles from other people's 2d cad images, plus i had 0creative input. No bad on their part,that uis what i signed up to do. BUT!

On thier site, i am now listed as a "past contributor", as opposed to a current member of the team, meaning i am free to work on my own mod when the time comes (i am in no hurry, I will have played HL2 front to back before i get started doing any kind of recruiting for a team.)

But, my mod will be called "Descending Darkness". it will be a single-player horror mod. When i get started, i will be coming here and picking your brains for suggestions. anyone i get on the team i will suggest they do likewise.

If you want to see the beta site for it, go here:
http://scaredyet.net/dark/

I will have background texts and a short story eventually to add some body to the whole thing (the story will map out the plot of the mod). i actually have part 2 and part 3 plots in mind,but i would really have to see how the mod goes before bothering with those.

If it gets made (i hope it does...) it would be a mix of horror, some action (guns guns guns) with magic.

I will post a rundown of the story in a bit.

I thought of all of this because of this, posted on Planet Half-life:
Most of you should already know this, but for those who still aren't quite familiar with how the system works (yes, that would be those of you E-mailing me), here's a run-down of the release process for HL2. Valve has announced that they will be delivering an RC (release candidate) to Vivendi around the 15th of this month. That does not mean that HL2 will be out immediately thereafter. Vivendi will still have to approve the RC, a process that could take another two or three weeks, depending on their QA department and how fit the RC is to be released. If it were rejected, Valve would have to cook up another one and submit that for approval. Once an RC is approved, we should get a "gone gold" announcement. Those of you who preloaded HL2 and intend to buy it online would *may* be allowed to purchase it shortly afterward and start playing it once you've downloaded the last few files (I'm still not certain whether Valve contractually obliged to wait until it's on the shelves - I don't have Fragmaster's psychic spy network). For those of you still intending to buy a physical copy, it would be at least another few weeks before the game hit the shelves; duplication, packaging and shipping take a while. Damn our lack of transporters.

Vodstok
09-07-2004, 07:35 AM
Oh yeah, keep checking out Defense command. its a strategy mod, rather than fps. the main modeller is a canadian freind of mine, and probably the most amazing 3d artist i know personally. WAY better than me.

Stingy Jack
09-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Vod, you don't happen to have a topless version of your avatar, do ye?

cheebacheeba
09-07-2004, 10:32 PM
Vod, I got some interesting concepts, but I'm technically FUCKED.
Love to help u out, man...

Vodstok
09-08-2004, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by Stingy Jack
Vod, you don't happen to have a topless version of your avatar, do ye?

Not one that wouldnt result in loss of topless privleges for me :)