PDA

View Full Version : James Herbert 'Once'

Preacher
09-06-2004, 06:18 AM
Hi guys,

Any of you lot read James Herbert books???

Really enjoy these. Just started readin one of his lesser known stories called 'Once'. Its quite cool but completely different to any of his other novels.

Its sort of a fantasie about mystical creatures. Witches, elves, faeries and shit. Was wonderin if any of you lot have read it and did you enjoy it??

Latas...px

Preacher
09-08-2004, 02:24 AM
Ha ha. Got you lot stumped eh???

Does anyone here read any James Herbert???

Cant believe no-one has....hes written some of the most famous horror novels. You gotta read some o his stuff. Much better in some respects than some of the King books.

Px

Preacher
09-09-2004, 01:06 AM
Helloo.......helloo..............helloo........... ...................helloo..

Echo..........echo.................echo........... ....................echo.......

annabel lee
09-09-2004, 06:03 AM
Sometimes the book message board can be a little slow. I am a big Herbert fan, however I never read Once. I just finished re-reading Others and The Survivor is one of my all time favorite books. Never cared for the rat series. The Dark was also very, very good.

Preacher
09-09-2004, 06:09 AM
Yep....he dark was damn good. Pretty hard to read as it was rather gorey. Up there with American Psycho.

'Once' is a very different Herbert book. Different in many ways. Didn't realy expect him to write a book like that. You should look it up.

Px

zwoti
09-12-2004, 02:31 AM
what about the fog?

moon?

Preacher
10-22-2004, 06:21 AM
Yeah the fogs good and the rats is very good. But the dark is extremely sick.

P