PDA

View Full Version : Reply Damn

MoAshKickin
09-02-2004, 10:21 PM
Im going to start it off-All remakes are boring-Alien Vs Predator is boring-Scream is not no damn horror-Thats something to reply to---Let your thoughts be heard---Reply Damn

Sistinas
09-03-2004, 05:48 AM
This thread sucks, DAMN!

Vodstok
09-03-2004, 06:09 AM
Not all remakes are boring, that statement is typically made by people who also hate "mainstream" movies because it makes them "cultured".

MichaelMyers
09-03-2004, 07:06 AM
1) Depends.

2) No.

3) Haven't seen it so couldn't judge.

zwoti
09-03-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by MoAshKickin
Im going to start it off-All remakes are boring-Alien Vs Predator is boring-Scream is not no damn horror-Thats something to reply to---Let your thoughts be heard---Reply Damn

hmmm...since when was AvP a remake..

p.s. do you know truefan?

Vodstok
09-03-2004, 07:22 AM
I have been watching both Dawn of the Dead Movies recently (as well as the original and remake of NOTLD) and in both cases, both movies were very strong based on completely different merits.

The new dawn is no better or worse than the original, just different (the opening with "Ring of Fire" playing is pure genius)

i don tthink the fast zombies "ruined" the movie, it simply made it different. I prefer the slow ones, but i give the writer and director kudos for being different (or, if it is the case, 28 days later fans, because i love that movie)

More to come on this, but i am too busy right now.

MoAshKickin
09-03-2004, 07:45 AM
Is the new Dawn of the dead already out on DVD

Vodstok
09-03-2004, 07:47 AM
Nope.

Arioch
09-03-2004, 08:47 AM
p.s. do you know truefan?

Ha ha....nice!!

MoAshKickin
09-03-2004, 09:09 AM
I never said AvP was a remake TRUEFAN IMO its weak

zwoti
09-03-2004, 09:23 AM
just checking.....

MoAshKickin
09-03-2004, 09:29 AM
I was watching Cujo last night and I swear Cujo coat started to look like he was changing oil from a car----

KRUGERKID13
09-03-2004, 10:07 AM
scream is horror

Arioch
09-04-2004, 02:49 PM
I was watching Cujo last night and I swear Cujo coat started to look like he was changing oil from a car----

Haha....i could see that...

Sam The Egg
09-04-2004, 03:37 PM
CKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCK YCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYC KYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKY CKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCK YCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKYCKY

KRUGERKID13
09-04-2004, 03:48 PM
what about cky

there going to be in the new sleepaway camp

Vampenguin
09-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Well, I havnt seen Scream or AvP....But remakes CAN be pretty bad, but usually are good.

House on Haunted Hill, for instance.....Took the storyline of the original, modernized it, added some effects to scare modern audiences, replaced the best actor of all time with one of the best actors we have today (Geoffery Rush, playing Vincent Price's part).

It expanded on the story, in the original, we were never givin a reason for the house being evil, which worked well, but It was nice to know, in the remake, why everything was fucked up in that house. Both had (IMO) bad endings....Well, just the very end of both, with Prichett acting like a drunk reatrd (In the original) and Sara and Eddie on the roof (In the remake)

Although most people hated it, I loved the remake of The Time Machine. Sure, it TOTALLY abandoned the plot of the book/original movie, but I enjoyed that they gave some intelligence to the Morlocks....well, one Morlock....And the moral of the story was good, No matter what, you cant change the past, something that wasnt tried in the original. Plus the ending was pretty good.

However, there are 2 upcoming remakes that I think will be big, hairy, steaming pieces of shit: The Pink Panther, and Willy Wonka.

The main thing that bugs me about them is their choice of actors. Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka? Steve Martin as Inspector Clouseau? What the F U C K?!?! Replacing two of the best actors the world has known, with two of the worst? Gene Wiler's preformance was incredible, as well as hillarious, and the same can be said for Peter Sellers as Clouseau. Johnny Depp, however, and Steve Martin? What can be said for them....Johnny can act, That I will admit, but the only reason him and Orlando Bloom made POC so popular was Sex apeal. Many of my friends are girls, they will agree with that.

And Steve Martin? What are they trying to do with Clouseau? Ruin the character forever?

Well, thats the end of this post.....Took me half an hour....

MoAshKickin
09-08-2004, 07:44 AM
Ginger fine ass hell---I don't know about B,she is something awful fa real

Vodstok
09-08-2004, 08:28 AM
Hey vamp, while i agree that steve martin would not make a very good clousseau, i have to ask, what the hell is wrong with you? Depp and Martin "two of the worst actors"?!?!

I would love to know what you base that astute opinion on.....

Vampenguin
09-09-2004, 04:59 PM
I may have been harsh considering Mr. Martin as one of the worst actors, considering Ive seen but 1 of his movies. And it sucked. And he sucked.

Johnny can act, That I will admit

I did say that, remember. I guess worst wasnt a good way to word it. How bout this:

Absolutly horrible compared to the actors who originally portrated the characters.