PDA

View Full Version : open water?

theshadow
08-27-2004, 05:31 PM
Has anyone seen this yet? It got good reviews. I won't waste my money if it's a suckfest.

Sam The Egg
08-27-2004, 05:35 PM
nope. None of us have seen the movie

LilMissScareAll
08-27-2004, 08:03 PM
I saw it, and it does suck. Don't waste your money, unless you like boring movies.

nine9
08-27-2004, 09:05 PM
I am almost positive I will like it !

Just know it........

I like things that are risky.........this one is...bet it is cool!:cool:

Sam The Egg
08-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Ignore LilMiss. None of us have seen it.

mothermold
08-28-2004, 12:39 AM
ignore sam.he's suffering from anal leakage.this movie looks like a good rental canidate but beyond that i would'nt get to excited.

IDrinkYourBlood
08-28-2004, 01:47 AM
i just want to see it becouse its been filmed with digital camera's
see how that all works out.

Sam The Egg
08-28-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by mothermold
ignore sam.he's suffering from anal leakage.

True as it may be, we still haven't seen the movie.

theshadow
08-29-2004, 02:37 PM
the format sorta reminds me of blair witch which i liked.

MovieFan47
09-01-2004, 03:00 PM
I heard it's good, but Jaws was enough for me.

SamCostello
09-11-2004, 01:49 PM
I thought it was pretty odd. It has some really engaging, harrowing moments, and overall vibe of the film is tense and good, but ultimately, I thought the movie was unsatisfying.

It's really a one-note idea and the film strains to carry it for more than about an hour or so.

The ending was surprising.

It's definitely worth a rental, though, and if you've got a cheap theater near you, I'd recommend catching it there.

Sam

Sam The Egg
09-11-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by MovieFan47
I heard it's good, but Jaws was enough for me.

But, not having seen it, it was nothing like Jaws

-->oscam5<--
09-12-2004, 03:28 AM
Its good. Better than blair witch, but I never liked that in the first place. Some good jumpy moments but its just 2 people, going 'ohmygodouchthathurtsohmygodohmygodohmygod' for 80 odd minutes. Ending was great, a nice break from the norm.
But like sam says, none of us have ever seen it.:p

ShankS
01-17-2005, 01:04 PM
just watched this, actually I turned it off 13 minutes before the end.... to stop me falling asleep.

what a load of rubbish.

EXTR3MIST
01-17-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm looking forward to this one - judging by first the hype and then the derision surrounding the simple premise, setting and style of this movie it sounds like another challenge along the lines of Blair Witch.

For some reason I seem to enjoy small, resourceful movies all the more when they are lost on the multiplex majority.

"You don't even see the bloody witch"

"They just float about in the water"

"Let's watch Halloween 8 again"

ShankS
01-17-2005, 01:26 PM
the film could have been so much better, you watch it and see what you think.

I normaly enjoy films of this sort of 'desperation', but this seams to or attempts to come across as something new, but fails imo. For films of this style, the dialogue has to be spot on, and this, unfotunatly was not. The cast was inexperienced in acting in this type of genre and style.

Tat2
01-17-2005, 05:35 PM
I not only saw it, I bought it. I liked it, but mainly because I am a Scuba Diver and could relate to their situation. It is an Indie movie, made on a very tight budget and, unless you have a love for diving, the ocean, sharks or seeing people getting "Murphy Lawed" I don't think the mainstream audience would care for it. I can see how some would view it as boring. For thrills in the ocean Jaws is much, much better.

theshadow
01-17-2005, 07:17 PM
i actually just watched it tonight. it was ok . it drug until the end which surprised me. it says it was based on a true story.

DraculaInDallas
01-17-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by LilMissScareAll
I saw it, and it does suck. Don't waste your money, unless you like boring movies.

I agree.....the movie was crap, didn't come close to Jaws.
Total waste of cash :mad: