PDA

View Full Version : Avp

sidney
08-22-2004, 07:30 PM
i thought Alien vs Predator was a sweet ass movie, it was on best sequels after a long time, what do u guys think eh?

KRUGERKID13
08-22-2004, 07:40 PM
dissapointing

hardly any fights or gore plus there shouldnt've been any human survivors

MVP732
08-22-2004, 07:44 PM
dissapointing
Yeah i agree with you there. It was a good movie yet i thought it was going to be great.

shadow_13
08-22-2004, 09:07 PM
I liked it though it could have used more gore and more fighting scenes. The whole mellowdramatic human crap could have been cut down due to the fact that it brought nothing to the movie. With a name like Alien VS Predator it should have been just that. Having story line for the two aliens is great but it's not so great for the humans who as most horror/sci fi fans know are certain cannon fodder. It was certainly not as good as the originals but I enjoyed it, I will be watching it again soon.

KRUGERKID13
08-22-2004, 09:07 PM
yeah i figured alot of people would feel the same way

Sick_As_Fuck
08-23-2004, 11:53 PM
I was terrible dissapointed. Horrible movie. Waste of a good $6.75.

babygirl20
02-21-2005, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by sidney
i thought Alien vs Predator was a sweet ass movie, it was on best sequels after a long time, what do u guys think eh?

Thought it was pretty good until it got to the very end. Thats when reality hit me and i realized that they will more than likely have a sequel to the fucker. I just ain't up for that. One is enough. Don't wear out your welcome with more movies that will more than likely not make sense.:cool:

Vodstok
02-21-2005, 08:33 AM
Never saw it. Probably never will. They fought for so long to make this thing, then i found out that Paul Anderson was involved and lost all hope.

Plus, how the fuck do you make a pg-13 spinoff of 2 gory R rated franchises?

ShankS
02-21-2005, 08:52 AM
too lower rating, no DC.

panteraboy916
02-22-2005, 01:58 AM
sweet ass movie does anyone no if there will be a sequal

slasherman
02-22-2005, 05:12 AM
I liked it :)

The Mothman
02-22-2005, 05:16 AM
This movie was EXTREMLY disapointing, and all it did, was attempt to ruin both the alien and predator series.

BTW there is going to be a sequel, with the Pred-alien, a cross between alien and pedator. (Originaly from the AVP games)

Prelude95Si
02-22-2005, 11:29 AM
I would have to say that AVP RAPED two of the greatest film series of all time!

Lets start:
1) The Predator has never hunted in the cold! They explained that very well in both Predator 1 & 2!
2) By saying that the Predator helped humans build pyriamids and that humans worshiped the Predators as god's then that ignors the first two Predators. Because why did the first Predator hunt Aronld in 1 and why hunt Danny in 2!?! Why hunt humans if the Predators are using the humans to breed the Aliens?
3) "You are one ugly mother fucker." This line was not only modifed in AVP as "You ugly son of a bitch!" But it was also said both times to the Aliens not the Predator!
4) The thing with Waylen was not enough to connect AVP to the first Alien. I mean the least they could have said was that the encounter in Anartica was the first encounter with the Aliens and thats why Riply's crew set down on LV-426 in Alien because the company recognized this Alien as the same Alien that Waylen encountered in AVP! But no, Waylen dies and therefore I don't see how he could possibly be the maker of the Bishop droid b/c AVP made no reference to him making the Bishop droid. I think in a making of AVP they mention that Waylen is supposed to be a guy in robotics but I don't remeber that being mentioned in the movie!
5) Plus you really can't make an Alien movie without Riply b/c the Alien represents Riply's personal mission in life and that is to destory the Aliens and she did that perfectly in Alien 3, I mean it was perfect iorny in that she defeted the last Alien before the company could get it and she was infected with an Alien herself, and not just any Alien but a Queen! I mean it was a perfect way to end the series.

Anyways what AVP should have been was "R" for starters, then they should have set the story in the after Alien 3 that way Riply wouldn't be in it. Then the story should have been placed on the Alien homeworld. Say that the company found the homeworld and so they sent the mariens again to capture the Alien but ended up running into the Predators too. Or something like that but the point is we haven't seen the Alien homeworld or the Predator homeworld. Actually, they could have said that the Predator's found the Aliens, brought them to their (Predators) world and then needed to get humans to breed the Aliens for hunting.
The point is that AVP should not have been set in 2004 and it should have taken place in Antartica!

The only decent thing about AVP was to see the Alien and the Predator on the same screen at the same time.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
02-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Hated it, it was boring as fuck.

phantomstranger
02-22-2005, 01:21 PM
I enjoyed it. Just a fun dumbass movie.

The Mothman
02-22-2005, 03:10 PM
nope. it wasn't fun at all. it was depressingly bad.

. . . . . BUT, you are entitled to your opinion.:D

friday13thfan
02-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Prelude95Si
I would have to say that AVP RAPED two of the greatest film series of all time!

Lets start:
1) The Predator has never hunted in the cold! They explained that very well in both Predator 1 & 2!
2) By saying that the Predator helped humans build pyriamids and that humans worshiped the Predators as god's then that ignors the first two Predators. Because why did the first Predator hunt Aronld in 1 and why hunt Danny in 2!?! Why hunt humans if the Predators are using the humans to breed the Aliens?
3) "You are one ugly mother fucker." This line was not only modifed in AVP as "You ugly son of a bitch!" But it was also said both times to the Aliens not the Predator!
4) The thing with Waylen was not enough to connect AVP to the first Alien. I mean the least they could have said was that the encounter in Anartica was the first encounter with the Aliens and thats why Riply's crew set down on LV-426 in Alien because the company recognized this Alien as the same Alien that Waylen encountered in AVP! But no, Waylen dies and therefore I don't see how he could possibly be the maker of the Bishop droid b/c AVP made no reference to him making the Bishop droid. I think in a making of AVP they mention that Waylen is supposed to be a guy in robotics but I don't remeber that being mentioned in the movie!
5) Plus you really can't make an Alien movie without Riply b/c the Alien represents Riply's personal mission in life and that is to destory the Aliens and she did that perfectly in Alien 3, I mean it was perfect iorny in that she defeted the last Alien before the company could get it and she was infected with an Alien herself, and not just any Alien but a Queen! I mean it was a perfect way to end the series.

Anyways what AVP should have been was "R" for starters, then they should have set the story in the after Alien 3 that way Riply wouldn't be in it. Then the story should have been placed on the Alien homeworld. Say that the company found the homeworld and so they sent the mariens again to capture the Alien but ended up running into the Predators too. Or something like that but the point is we haven't seen the Alien homeworld or the Predator homeworld. Actually, they could have said that the Predator's found the Aliens, brought them to their (Predators) world and then needed to get humans to breed the Aliens for hunting.
The point is that AVP should not have been set in 2004 and it should have taken place in Antartica!

The only decent thing about AVP was to see the Alien and the Predator on the same screen at the same time.

it is a sequal to pred and a prequal to alien so thats why there is no iply

Sedated_replica
02-22-2005, 09:32 PM
That film is a piece of crap and I haven't even seen it. I just know these things

Prelude95Si
02-23-2005, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by friday13thfan
it is a sequal to pred and a prequal to alien so thats why there is no iply

I know that it is supposed to be a sequal to Predator 2 and a prequal to Alien, the movie takes place in 2004, so naturally Riply would not be in this movie b/c her charicter wasn't even born yet! Plus in an interview Sigourney Weaver did during Alien 3 she thought that the idea of Alien vs. Predator was stupied and she said she would not be involved in it. All I was trying to say with Riply (if you look at it from a literary point of view) was that I think the Aliens represent her personal struggle, her personal mission in life and that Alien just isn't the same without Riply. But like I also said, since Riply was not going to be in AVP then the story should have still taken place after Alien 3 or after Alien 4 that way it would not interfere with the time line of Predator 1 & 2 and the Alien series. Serously think about it, if it took place after Alien 3 then you could say that the company decided to go look for the Alien homeworld and then they also run into the predators there. The mission would have to be failure and then that would lead into Alien 4 and they would say that since the Aliens couldn't be captured on their homeworld lets clone Riply since she had one inside of her and then we can control the Aliens easier. I mean look at Freddy vs. Jason (FVJ) which was a sweet ass movie, they managed to overall pay respect to the story lines of both Freddy and Jason, I mean FVJ takes place after Jason goes to Hell and before Jason X, and it takes place after the last Nightmare. And also I think that for New Line to take Paramount's property (Jason) and make their own movie and still be able to not totally ignor the Paramount Jason films is a great achievement considering in AVP both Aliens and Predator were owned by FOX, so there was no reason to ignor the already set stories of the previous films!

Does anyone agree with me here or on my first post that AVP had major flaws and that it had the potential to be a really good movie had the story staied true to its origins and had it been rated "R"?

ABnormaL
02-24-2005, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Prelude95Si

Does anyone agree with me here or on my first post that AVP had major flaws and that it had the potential to be a really good movie had the story staied true to its origins and had it been rated "R"?

Yeah, I agree that the film had too many flaws to it, but I still enjoyed it because it was just a dumbass movie that was there for pure entertainment. Plus I love Predator, he is one COOL ugly mother fucker :D

urgeok
02-24-2005, 04:59 AM
i thought it was dull as dishwater.
said nothing new, put a dent in both series.
there was no tension, no decent acting,
the usual stupid cliches...
it was a non movie ....
i endured it, i didnt enjoy it - in any way shape or form.

horrifying
02-25-2005, 03:56 PM
terrible

allmykids
02-28-2005, 12:14 PM
I was very happy with this movie. I thought it would be stupid but I was wrong. It was killer.