PDA

View Full Version : "Coolest" Gaming moments

Vodstok
08-20-2004, 03:37 AM
What part of a gamke blew you away? Or, is there a story of some kick-ass move that you pulled while playing one that you have been dying to brag about? I put coolestr in quotes because.... really, if we have a moment like this, we are kind of nerds.... Not that that is bad, i proclaim my nerdness very loudly with pride :)

Anyway, here is one from last night:

I was playing RTCW again, and in the part just after you get off the cable car (which always reminds me of "Where Eagles Dare"... Classic movie), after you crawl through the vent into the hall, i was plowing through Nazis like a knife through butter. there were 4 left, on the other side of the metal gate. The first one opened the door, and i shot at him with my mauser, and missed.

I took a breath, then shot again, right through his head. then fired at the guy behind him, right through his head, then AGAIN, through the head of the guy behind him. The last guy, i hit in the chest, but he didnt go down. he got 1 shot off, which missed, before i shot HIM in the head. Bang, 4 nazis dead, not 1 scratch on me. i was so proud of myself :)

Stingy Jack
08-20-2004, 04:03 AM
This would have to be while I was playing Vice City (unfortunately, not a horror game.) The mission was to chase down and destroy some losers in a souped-up truck of some sort who were armed to the teeth with automatic weapons. I was racing through the streets of Miami, trying my damndest to get beside them so I could unload a few rounds into either them or their vehicle. My sports car was taking a lot of hits from their rifles, and it got to the point where I was just going to try to outlast them and hope they damaged their vehicle enough on their own (they were good drivers, but good enough to avoid all the obstacles on the road).

After chasing them for several minutes (which is a long time in a game as fast-paced as Vice City), the damage to my car was pretty severe, and it caught on fire. For those of you who know this game, when your car catches fire that means it is about to explode. In a panic, I jumped from the car, resigned to losing the mission. BUT, my car kept rolling ... a flaming explosive on wheels. Just at that moment, the truck I had been chasing had slowed for traffic. I watched with self-satisfied glee as my car soared toward them, exploding right at the moment of impact.

It was a glorious "Mission Complete" moment that I will never forget. :)

Vodstok
08-20-2004, 04:27 AM
That is beautiful.....:) i love moments like that, they would work so well in a movie :)

I had a great moment playing the "PainKeep" mod for quake 3. there was a level with 2 tiers above the "ground" level. I was on the top, out of ammo. i ran up and killed one player with my gauntlet,
dropped off the top tier, caught the recently dead player's shotgun midfall, blasted a guy on the 2nd tier as i fell by, he died and dropped his magnum (PainKeep's version of the railgun from Q3) i landed on the ground level, right on a health, so i recovered from all damage, caught the magnum, which switched just in time to fire a shot at the guy running up to me as i landed. the shot went through him and the guy behind him, 4 kill sin under 5 seconds.... it was glorious, and i really wish i had been recording that game....

Vodstok
08-20-2004, 05:30 AM
okay, i will probably be spamming the shit out of my own thread here, but i got a million of em!

this one was also in RTCW. The VERY first time i ever played it, there is a scripted scene where you see 3 nazis run away from some zombies, only to find the ladder they need to escape gone... anyway the first time i played it, i sat back to let the zombies and nazis duke it out. Getting ready for the fight to end, i pointed the mauser at one of the zombies and zoomed in the scope so i was looking at the back of it's head.

I made no noise, did not move, and was not in it's field of vision AT ALL, but it slowly turned and looked RIGHT AT ME.........

I paused the game and actually moved back from the computer about a foot, staring at the zombie (i think i have made it clear that i have a phobia of them......) it was the creepiest thing i have ever experienced. The godamn thing KNEW i was there.... it shouldnt have. I have played this part over and over, trying to mimic the results, but it never happened again. All i can think of is that there was a glitch at that moment, but it scared the shit out of me. I still get chills thinking about it....

Oats
08-20-2004, 12:42 PM
I run a Counterstrike 1.6 server, anyway, thats the backstory, one time during a round i saw one of the enemies like all the way down on the ground (was on a rope bridge in the map Aztec) this was a good 2-3 story drop. So i say "fuck it" i jumped right on top of him, on the split second i landed on his head i let loose with my shotgun spraying his blood everywhere, Headshot, and i stood victorious on top of his body, fucker never saw it coming, that was quite satisfying.

O yea, on Super Mario World on SNES on the last level when Koopa came flying directly towards the screen in that weird joker faced flying machine, i almost shit a brick, i've never seen anything like that before in games, that was awesome the first time

Hate_Breeder
08-20-2004, 01:32 PM
Um i liked it on the Resident Evil remake on Gamecube when you have to fight the giant snake. That part kicked ass

Vodstok
08-20-2004, 05:38 PM
I love cs.....

In prodigy once, i wa sin the air vent where all the cts always hide... I waited in there a good 2 minutes for all the terrorists to run by, then dropped behind them and charged their rear with my p90 and 5/7.

I started to spray as the last guy ran around the corner, clipping him in the back of the head. he was dead. i kept spraying as i rounded the corner, getting another head-shot, then emptying the rest of the clip into the 3rd guy's chest before he got off a shot. I switched right over to the pistol and put 10 rounds into the 4th guy's back, killing him. Around this time, the last guy came back to see what all of the shooting was, and the first shot out of the pistol at him went right through his face.

The whole attack lasted maybe 15 seconds, and i wiped out 5 guys single handedly without a scratch... Probably my proudest moment. This story will be my acceptance speech if i ever get an Oscar :)

Also, earlier tonight playin RTCW, i killed 2 nazis with a single mauser shot, right through both of their necks.

I shot one guy in the back of the head, then tossed a grenade up into the guard tower, killing that guy, then drew the mauser and killed the last 2. it was just before the german guy gives you the silenced sten.... It was great :D

Oats
08-20-2004, 05:46 PM
*Warning: Blatant Plug*

69.142.175.225:27015

Thats my server, im on right now by my lonesome if you wanna check it out

Sistinas
08-20-2004, 05:54 PM
My moment of glory was when I went 27-3 in Day of Defeat(flash).1 hr game.

Vodstok
08-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Oats
*Warning: Blatant Plug*

69.142.175.225:27015

Thats my server, im on right now by my lonesome if you wanna check it out

Nice plug :)

updating cs right now... oh shit, i dont need steam do i?:mad:

Oats
08-21-2004, 04:25 AM
hey vodstock, glad u made it on my server last night, im sorry i had to go, but i had to talk to someone then i passed out drunk but anyway make yourself a reg. there's no rules on my server and its a whole lotta fun

Vodstok
08-21-2004, 05:35 AM
Already working in that :)

btw, if you have any suggestions for making the steam version of CS more like the old one, i am open to suggestions.

Oats
08-21-2004, 06:09 AM
??? what do u want changed

Vodstok
08-21-2004, 07:24 AM
I hate the "retail" namesfor the weapons... makes me feel like a dork to have to buy a "ES C90"....

Also, custom models. i used to have some kick-ass ones, but i cant figure out how to use them in steam.

Egekrusher
08-22-2004, 01:10 PM
Quake 3 Arena. Excessive mod.

The map: Q3DM7 I believe.

What happened: The Excessive mod community has always been small. All the good players know the other good players.

There was a clan, called XTC, that had dominated the excessive playing field for years. They went undefeated for 3 years on the ladder system at provinggrounds.com, which is where all of the clans registered if they were any good.

One day, while in that map, they were all there also. I was in a strange, euphoric mood. I was deadly accurate that day. I went the entire game unfragged, with a 50 frag limit. I beat everyone on that map with a 20 frag lead. I could barely believe. These guys were like Gods to me, and I just wiped the floor with them. They swore up and down that I was cheating (using an aimbot, specifically), so I had one of them spectate me. They could tell I wasn't. I earned the respect of the entire clan that day. Which is rare, because they are very elitest, and for a good reason. Rarely did the encounter someone who could even keep up with them, let alone wipe the floor with them.

I'll always remember that game. I played the Excessive mod for 4 years. I suck now that I don't play a steady 8 hours a day, but I can still mop the floor with most people. That was the best that I've ever played.

Vodstok
08-23-2004, 04:33 AM
Those are always great days. i love psycho days where you can pop someone in one shot from across the map just because you are in the zone...

I played Counter-Strike for the first time in months this weekend (thanks to OAts, thanks OATS :))

I for a clan recruiting server and was either #1 or in the top 3 the entire time i was on the server. I went 6 rounds without a scratch using my p-90 and 5/7 combo, so i switched to desert eagle, m3-benelli. Got killed the very first round with that combo, but then went back to kicking ass thereafter.

I love cs, and when i dont care how i am doing, i slaughter people. :)

dantehorrorfan
08-23-2004, 10:14 AM
the coolest gaming moment to me was when in re2 you had to escape from the labatory before it blew the hell up then u had to face that damn blob thing

Oats
08-24-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Egekrusher
Quake 3 Arena. Excessive mod.

The map: Q3DM7 I believe.

What happened: The Excessive mod community has always been small. All the good players know the other good players.

There was a clan, called XTC, that had dominated the excessive playing field for years. They went undefeated for 3 years on the ladder system at provinggrounds.com, which is where all of the clans registered if they were any good.

One day, while in that map, they were all there also. I was in a strange, euphoric mood. I was deadly accurate that day. I went the entire game unfragged, with a 50 frag limit. I beat everyone on that map with a 20 frag lead. I could barely believe. These guys were like Gods to me, and I just wiped the floor with them. They swore up and down that I was cheating (using an aimbot, specifically), so I had one of them spectate me. They could tell I wasn't. I earned the respect of the entire clan that day. Which is rare, because they are very elitest, and for a good reason. Rarely did the encounter someone who could even keep up with them, let alone wipe the floor with them.

I'll always remember that game. I played the Excessive mod for 4 years. I suck now that I don't play a steady 8 hours a day, but I can still mop the floor with most people. That was the best that I've ever played.

Im not trying to sound like a hotshot, but XTC is nothing special really, idk if its a clone clan, but they had something along the lines of XtC somethin like that, i played them, weren't that great

Egekrusher
08-24-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Oats
Im not trying to sound like a hotshot, but XTC is nothing special really, idk if its a clone clan, but they had something along the lines of XtC somethin like that, i played them, weren't that great

Probably a clone clan. Believe me, if it were them, you'd know it. There were a couple of impersonators running around.
They were the most badass people in the mod, hands down.

Vodstok
08-24-2004, 10:18 AM
Its like when "thresh" was the ultimate quake deathmatcher, every other game had some twit using "Thresh" as their name.... Unoriginal retards....

Oh yeah, Oats.. is that like "Quaker" or "Hall &"?

Oats
08-24-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
Its like when "thresh" was the ultimate quake deathmatcher, every other game had some twit using "Thresh" as their name.... Unoriginal retards....

Oh yeah, Oats.. is that like "Quaker" or "Hall &"?

eh, little from column a, little from column b