PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 2

granitemonkey
08-17-2004, 12:27 AM
Hey all, I am back after a 4 month absence. So now I am back to raise hell:D Anyone plan on seeing Resident Evil 2?

KRUGERKID13
08-17-2004, 12:28 AM
no i like good zombie movies not crappy based video game zombie movies but thats just me

granitemonkey
08-17-2004, 12:30 AM
Well, at least some people are still to trying to keep the horror market alive.

KRUGERKID13
08-17-2004, 12:32 AM
yeah by ripping off or remaking stuff thats already been done. Its very rare to find a good horror movie thats semi original and re isnt one of em

granitemonkey
08-17-2004, 01:02 AM
You have a good point, not too many original horror ideas floating around.

KRUGERKID13
08-17-2004, 01:03 AM
thats why i love Cabin Fever

youshouldvknown
08-17-2004, 05:54 AM
Cabin Fever was basically a slasher flick without the slasher.

I'll be seeing RE2. I've got a thing for Milla Jovovich anyway. I liked the first one, though. Seeing as I don't play video games (like some mindless drones) that actually has no affect on whether or not I liked the film. Make-up was good, the acting was great and the story, although a little hokey, was pretty decent. What more is there?

evil_blonde
08-20-2004, 12:21 AM
i think ill see that eventually.....

Hate_Breeder
08-20-2004, 01:23 AM
I might check it out...

Vodstok
08-20-2004, 03:43 AM
I weant to see it, but not in a theater. it look slike it will be more action than the first one, and i dont really want "5th element vs the zombies and nemesis"....

I hope it is at least decent... I need to write some screenplays.... then we will get some original and downright freaky shit in the theaters...plus, then i could put my grea great grandkidds through college if i wanted

goth_poser
08-22-2004, 08:39 PM
naw, resident evil sucks...............

carnage
08-26-2004, 10:43 AM
I'll prolly go see it, but most likely it will be a rental....

Sam The Egg
08-26-2004, 03:51 PM
Re2 is out already?

Proteus
08-26-2004, 04:51 PM
I think its gonna be way worse than the first one which was ok but I have to admit Nemesis does look pretty cool!

Proteus

MichaelMyers
08-26-2004, 05:32 PM
No thank you.

HauteTension676
08-26-2004, 08:07 PM
prob not since i never did see Resident Evil the first one

IDrinkYourBlood
08-28-2004, 01:22 AM
I really really REALLY disslike this movie series. Im a fanatic gamer and own the video games, and i gotta say that the movie is nothing like the games at all. RE2 the movie looks so retarded. I dont even consider these Zombie movies (unlike the game which was all about zombies). But scince I am a film fanatic and pop cultur guru I will see it.

CursedRatMonkey
08-28-2004, 04:43 AM
I was into The whole Resident Evil games, I even own The first residnet evil movie.

I am dissapointed in paul anderson though.
He did a decent job on the first, but he spent to much money on cgi, that his props, and sets sucked.

And I am kinda dissapointed in the 2nd one, when I saw the trailer, it was mainly action, which completely defeats the perpose of horror and horror based games.

cheebacheeba
08-28-2004, 05:23 AM
I suppose it would've been better if they were wondering back and forth between the same places again and again and AGAIN, pushing around statues, searching for fuses, keys and the like?
That kinda thing can make a game, but it'd make a movie pretty fucking boring...

I personally think the nemesis in the trailer looks fucking stupid...the look of the thing in the game just doesn't tranlate into the movie. They should've changed it, you know, like they did everything else?

Rat - don't let a trailer decide the movie for you. They ALWAYS show more action than plot, especially in this type of movie.
I'm not saying it's going to be any good, only to see it before you make your mind up on how shitty it IS.

CursedRatMonkey
08-28-2004, 05:29 AM
I haven't made my mind yet.
And I think it would have been better if the Director would have spent his money differently.
He should have used make up more on the zombies then the CGI.
I mean there are two or three zombies in it, that you only see once or twice, and they are CGI zombies.
They are basicly a waste of money.
All you see of them is just them and thats it.
Nothing special about them except the cgi.

They should have only used cgi for the Licker, and thats it.

cheebacheeba
08-28-2004, 06:03 AM
Well, if you're saying that you dislike the cgi zombies, I'd agree with you.
A cgi zombie just wouldn't work IMO...makeup gore all the way!

CursedRatMonkey
08-28-2004, 06:23 AM
Roger Avary said that "No matter how detailed, and how realistic you make CGI, You still know that it is a computer" or something like that.
I agree with him.

Hey, did you know that dawn and day of the dead had minor computer effects?

On dawn, on the part where the zombie gets the top of his head choped off by the helicopter blades, the blades are not real.

And on day, at the begining, when you see the zombie that had all of his organs sliced, and he brakes loose and reaches towards the main character,and then the doctor drills his head.
The drill bit was actually a straw and they went over it with the computer.

Minor computer efx, that is how they should be used.
For minor adjustments.
Not major parts.
Unless it calls for it.
Like on LOTR, Gollum was acceptable to be a CGI character.
Basicly that movie would have been harder and more time consuming to make without CGI.
But when it comes to horror, you really dont need CGI

Sistinas
09-12-2004, 02:57 AM
I watched it today and was pleasantly surprised.Not great but decent.Your thoughts?

-->oscam5<--
09-12-2004, 03:31 AM
I'll watch it just for Nemesis. He rocks.:D

cheebacheeba
09-12-2004, 03:33 AM
sinistas...better than the first?

Sistinas
09-12-2004, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
sinistas...better than the first?

Much better, and I would consider it more action than horror.

Sistinas
09-12-2004, 10:11 AM
Did anyone go watch this yet?

Lucid Dreams
09-12-2004, 11:56 AM
i'm planning on it sometime this week so hopefully i'll get to it...i heard that it was good

Hate_Breeder
09-12-2004, 12:05 PM
I'll wait for it to come out on DVD before i watch it. Id rather waste 3 dollars than waste 8

Sistinas
09-12-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
I'll wait for it to come out on DVD before i watch it. Id rather waste 3 dollars than waste 8

I went to the $5.25 matinee!;) It was worth it.

Hate_Breeder
09-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Sistinas
I went to the $5.25 matinee!;) It was worth it.

Never thought of it that way......but i hope it comes to the theatres here

Vampenguin
09-12-2004, 03:57 PM
Im trying to convince my dad to take me....We watched the 1st last week, he didnt mind it....he actually liked it a little. Prolly cause it was more action than horror.

I think I might get to it this week, maybe

thecritic
09-12-2004, 09:09 PM
Overall I thought that it was very good. The action in it was much more exciting, but indeed it was anexxcellent film. I really liked the ending(which I won't say for obvious reasons) but it was very good.
________
buy easy vape (http://vaporizers.net/easy-vape)

KRUGERKID13
09-13-2004, 04:49 PM
hated the first one but thought it was an awsome action movie.

so terrible horror movie awsome action movie

Sistinas
09-13-2004, 05:00 PM
Yeah, a great action movie, not a great horror film.

Vampenguin
09-15-2004, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by KRUGERKID13

so terrible horror movie awsome action movie

I saw the new one last night.....Thats my opinion on both. All though, the church scence (Until Alice showed up) was kinda horrorish.....Especially him "feeding" his sister....

But ya, AWESOME action movie!!!!! I loved the forst for what it is(Action, not horror).....but this is just so much better!!!!!

elsid
09-15-2004, 05:23 AM
HEY SISTINAS WHEN DID YOU BECOME A MOVIE EXPERT.
PROBABLY WHEN YOUR NOT BASHING OTHER MEMBERS RIGHT

cheebacheeba
09-15-2004, 06:32 AM
HEY ELSID
WHEN DID YOU START DELUDING YOURSELF INTO THINKING ANYONE MIGHT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ANYTHING YOU SAY?
BECAUSE WE DON'T...

MrShape
09-15-2004, 09:32 AM
Pretty decent zombie pic. Better zombie action then the first one. I think my favorite part was where the reporter gets ripped apart by the zombie school kids.

Sistinas
09-15-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by elsid
HEY SISTINAS WHEN DID YOU BECOME A MOVIE EXPERT.
PROBABLY WHEN YOUR NOT BASHING OTHER MEMBERS RIGHT

Are we a little bitter?Maybe you didnt understand this pic the first time I posted it, please study it well this time.You may learn something.

Vampenguin
09-15-2004, 03:24 PM
HEY KILL-YOURSELF-OR-ELS-ID-DO-IT-FOR-YOU-

WHEN DID YOU THINK YOU HAD THE RIGHT TO BASH ONE OF THE KOOLEST MEMBERS ON HERE, FUCKING HYOPCRITE N00B!!!!!!

Sistinas
09-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Vampenguin
HEY KILL-YOURSELF-OR-ELS-ID-DO-IT-FOR-YOU-

WHEN DID YOU THINK YOU HAD THE RIGHT TO BASH ONE OF THE KOOLEST MEMBERS ON HERE, FUCKING HYOPCRITE N00B!!!!!!

*blushes* I love you too vamp!:)

Hate_Breeder
09-15-2004, 03:52 PM

I love you too SIS! :D

Sistinas
09-15-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
I love you too SIS! :D

*still blushing*You guys are the greatest!:)

dantehorrorfan
09-15-2004, 08:07 PM
this movie was awsome

Sistinas
09-15-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by dantehorrorfan
this movie was awsome

Thats what I thought!

megalomaniac
09-15-2004, 08:25 PM
saw re2 and was dissapointed. it was more action than horror. left it wide open for re3 but i liked the first one alot more than the second

IDrinkYourBlood
09-15-2004, 09:38 PM
Im gonna go see it soon. alls im asking for is some decent zombie action (and more then just 15 minutes) and some plot from the game series.

Vampenguin
09-18-2004, 06:04 AM

Awww....Lol:)

xGuardianx03
09-18-2004, 06:05 PM
Just got back from watching RE2 and I loved it. I thought the zombies were great (yay, they are finally in the city and out of the hive), the action was awesome and Nemesis kicks ass! Well, all but one ass. ;)

Sistinas
09-20-2004, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by xGuardianx03
Just got back from watching RE2 and I loved it. I thought the zombies were great (yay, they are finally in the city and out of the hive), the action was awesome and Nemesis kicks ass! Well, all but one ass. ;)

Yeah, thats what I thought.I liked this one better than the first, how about you guys?

cheebacheeba
09-20-2004, 06:05 AM
I know this is kinda unrelated, but hey, since re2 is not yet out here, I'm gonna talk about a game.

re: code veronica, the one initially on dreamcast. I'm about half way through, and have just finished the claire redfield portion of the game, the cutscene at the end lead me to beleive she might be dead?
Is that the case?

Sistinas
09-20-2004, 01:46 PM
I know this is kinda unrelated, but hey, since re2 is not yet out here, I'm gonna talk about a game.

re: code veronica, the one initially on dreamcast. I'm about half way through, and have just finished the claire redfield portion of the game, the cutscene at the end lead me to beleive she might be dead?
Is that the case?

I know I played it,it has been awhile, but I think she does live, I may be wrong though.

cheebacheeba
09-20-2004, 08:58 PM
It was like, her and that steve kid were escaping in a big snowmobile, the dead bitch woke up, saw her brother dying, and then some super fast arm thingy sped out after the 'mobile and stomped it a few times. Last I saw the thing was on its side burning...?

Sistinas
09-20-2004, 09:05 PM
It was like, her and that steve kid were escaping in a big snowmobile, the dead bitch woke up, saw her brother dying, and then some super fast arm thingy sped out after the 'mobile and stomped it a few times. Last I saw the thing was on its side burning...?

That does not sound familiar.Wasnt that a 2 disk game?If not I am thinking of the wrong one.I do remember snow right after you knocked the boss out of the plane.

cheebacheeba
09-20-2004, 09:07 PM
Yeah, you do a lil bit more with her after the plane crashes into the antarctic facility, you escape on the abovementioned snowmobile.

Sistinas
09-22-2004, 01:56 PM
Yeah, and there is a facility that is all iced up inside and a crane has some importance, right?There are a bunch of big spiders running aroud to I think.

cheebacheeba
09-22-2004, 05:56 PM
Yep, I PLAYED A LITTLE FURTHER AS cHRIS, AND YOU DO FIND HER ALIVE AND PLAY AGAIN AS HER FOR A LIL' BIT...SHE WAS IN SOME GOOP STUCK TO A WALL...

Sistinas
09-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Yep, I PLAYED A LITTLE FURTHER AS cHRIS, AND YOU DO FIND HER ALIVE AND PLAY AGAIN AS HER FOR A LIL' BIT...SHE WAS IN SOME GOOP STUCK TO A WALL...

I dont think I made it that far.......I kind of lost interest.

cheebacheeba
09-22-2004, 06:05 PM
I know....RE games tend to piss me off....but I get to the point where I just say "fuck you bitch, you're Gonna get finished!"
and play it til I win...
So far I've finished 1 & 2, never really played 3 much...

ChuckyKlrDoll
03-28-2005, 02:19 PM
I just figured this out, not sure as to how many of you had already figured it out. But anyways, when Alices eyes open at the beginning, then the camera goes into her eyes and then she starts explaining the events which lead up to the t virus infection escaping into the city,notice that theres like a weird 5 sided camera thats showing all of this stuff happening. Also notice the scene where Alice drives off with Jill,Carlos and the rest from that new umbrella facility at the end before they reach the gate is shown at the beginning through the 5 sided camera. Then before they go to the title of the film, they show Alices eyes with like a far away look. So what I'm saying is, the scene before they put the title of the film up is of Alice after that doctor utters the words *Program Alice activated*. and The voiceover at the beginning where Alice says *My name is Alice etc etc*...is Alice taping her confession in the van after Jill hands her the camera and says *tape the story*. They cut that part short though because we've already heard everything shes gonna say at the beginning. So all in all, the opening scene where they show flashbacks from the first film, takes place inside Alices now reprogrammed mind. Then they pan out to Alices eyes at the part where she says *we thought we'd survived the horror...we were wrong*, which is after her new programming has kicked in and the umbrella logo flashes in her eyes. Thus the beginning of the film is actually the end.

barbra
03-28-2005, 02:34 PM
so deep

kung-fu-jesus
03-28-2005, 02:39 PM
my brain is going to explode

to many questions to answer

also WTF

ItsAlive75
03-28-2005, 03:34 PM
That's a cool lil' tidbit, dunno if it deserves it's own thread.

Certainly doesn't deserve a "WTF" though.

kung-fu-jesus
03-28-2005, 03:48 PM
well actualy it dose, he typed way to much info ansd went way to indepth, i also got lost confused and didnt realy remember the question, did you

if you did could you type it in english the summerize and finaly condense. please, cause reading it hurts my brain

ChuckyKlrDoll
03-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Basically when we see the flashbacks at the very start of the film in a computer rotating square like form, thats Alices mind having been reprogrammed by umbrella. Thats why it looks like that inside her head as opposed to what it looked like when she had flashbacks in part 1. Thats also why during the flashback scene you can see a shot of the van carrying carlos, jill, and angie and l.j. leaving the umbrella facility. Then after the flashbacks they show Alices eyes, right before the title of the film comes up on the screen. So those flashbacks Alice is having before the film begins, shes having them post umbrella reprogramming. The same facial expression shot at the end when the doctor says *program alice activated*. is the exact same facial shot of her we get before the title comes up at the start of the movie. As for Alices voiceover at the start of the movie, thats taken from her telling her story to terris camera after Jill hands it to her when all of them are in the van driving to city hall.

42ndStreetFreak
03-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by kung-fu-jesus
well actualy it dose, he typed way to much info ansd went way to indepth, i also got lost confused and didnt realy remember the question, did you

if you did could you type it in english the summerize and finaly condense. please, cause reading it hurts my brain

Not being funny here...but anyone who types and spells like you do is in NO position to tell someone else to 'type in English' or to state it was confusing! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chucky: Actually that's a good observation...I may pick this film up as I liked it. If I do I shall look out for your theory.

crazy raplh
03-28-2005, 05:53 PM
I don't know bu tthe monster in that movie was bad ass.

crippler666
03-28-2005, 07:52 PM
Agree with you to a point... Yes the beginning is near the end but, I beleave that the whole plot was one big experiment,
t-virus internal infection vs external infection which would explain why the nemesis was a bit of a pussy at the end, as infection is easier (to the outside world) by a carrier than someone who shows external simptoms.

42ndStreetFreak
03-29-2005, 01:57 AM
Actually i think that's probably more likely...
Don't forget she was already infected with the T Virus, which means the initial 'Umbrella eye' was probably in reference to that fact...more symbolic than anything else?

slasherman
03-29-2005, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by ChuckyKlrDoll
Thus the beginning of the film is actually the end.
they didnt say that on the commentary....(3 different commentaris on my dvd) ..they said it was flashbacks from the first movie... :confused:

-->oscam5<--
03-29-2005, 06:07 AM
Interesting stuff...

urgeok
03-29-2005, 06:19 AM
the only thing i noticed was my watch.
I personally thought this was one of the worst movies I'd seen in many years.

ChuckyKlrDoll
03-29-2005, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by slasherman
they didnt say that on the commentary....(3 different commentaris on my dvd) ..they said it was flashbacks from the first movie... :confused:

Yea the flashbacks were from the first movie. It's just that the way and the format in which they were shown to us as opposed to the way Alices flashbacks were shown to us in part 1 are a clue that she had already been reprogrammed by umbrella.and That takes place at the end of the film.

babygirl20
03-29-2005, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by crazy raplh
I don't know but the monster in that movie was bad ass.

Totally agree, Nemisis was the only good thing about the movie

ItsAlive75
03-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by babygirl20
Totally agree, Nemisis was the only good thing about the movie

I thought the best thing about the movie was the black guy from "All About the Benjamins"

http://www.movieswallpapers.org/pictures/0/84/thumb/200_Movies-001.jpg

Break Yo'Self, fool!

babygirl20
03-30-2005, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
I thought the best thing about the movie was the black guy from "All About the Benjamins"

Break Yo'Self, fool!

LMFAO................that was funny as hell dude. :D

slasherman
03-30-2005, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by ChuckyKlrDoll
Yea the flashbacks were from the first movie. It's just that the way and the format in which they were shown to us as opposed to the way Alices flashbacks were shown to us in part 1 are a clue that she had already been reprogrammed by umbrella.and That takes place at the end of the film.
I dont think so.... sequenses/scenes are often a little bit different in sequels...;)

kung-fu-jesus
03-30-2005, 06:31 PM
1. nemisis was bad ass.

2. chuckykrldoll has to much time and over thinks shit way to much.

3. the end was the end and the begining was the begining not a flash back, there are things in common but they are not the same.

4. why am i still on this thread?

massacre man
03-30-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75

Break Yo'Self, fool! Break Yo'Self Fool was on Friday said by Chris Tucker not Mike Epps