PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice/Recommendations

wayne
01-15-2004, 08:09 AM
hello, i'm new here, and i've recently gotten into japanese films such as ichi the killer and battle royale.

i am interested in furthering my collection and wondered if any of you could suggest films i should look out for?

especially films by beat takeshi and takashi miike.

much appreciated!
wayne

dashripper
01-15-2004, 08:57 AM
My favourite flick from Miike is Audition. It's a great little love story and then takes a wicked left turn and goes off in a completely other direction. Actually Miike just did a true 'horror' movie called 'Chakurai' or 'You've Got A Call'. It just came out in theatres in Asia so it'll probably be a while until it comes out on VCD or DVD.

A Tale Of Two Sisters-takes its time but a creepy flick that builds tension.

Three-Three different shorts. I liked 'Memories' the best. It's from the same director that did 'Sisters'. The second short sucks ass but the thrid little movie is pretty decent.

Ju-On-Definately creepy but my only problem is that they show the ghosts too much-especially the three school girls.

Dark Water-Same dude that did Ringu. Creepy moments.

The Eye-I loved this movie. A cross between Sixth Sense and Mothman Prophecies.

See if you can find The Untold Story. Shocking. Absolutely shocking.

Volcano High-Awesome. It's not a horror but it kicks ass and is hilarious.

And I just picked up Infernal Affairs yesterday. It's a cop flick but it's a very good movie. It's a pretty clever filck about communication and passing information rather than shoot-outs. I can't wait to check out the other two.

avenger00soul
01-15-2004, 09:02 AM
I haven't seen a lot of the newer wave of Japanese horror flicks. But I suggest going back and watching A Chinese Ghost Story, The Heroic Trio, Bride with White Hair, and the like. They are more fantasy though, but I like them.

mictlan
01-15-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by dashripper

See if you can find The Untold Story. Shocking. Absolutely shocking.

That's the one with Anthony Wong, right? It is pretty intense.

Anthony Wong is also in the Ebola Syndrome, which is also worth seeing, in fact has a lot in common with the Untold Story.

Check out Ricky-O AKA The Story of Ricky. It's not horror but ultra-gory martial arts, ultra-gory to the point of absurdity.

abbycomix
01-15-2004, 09:36 AM
I hate to be a nit-picker, but I'm pretty sure The Eye, Heroic Trio (which I love!), Bride With White Hair, and Chinese Ghost Story, and others listed here are Chinese. Though Battle Royale and Audition, etc. are from Japan. Don't know if this helps anybody but thought I'd let you know. I hear the zombie movie Stacy is cool, I as always recommend Wild Zero for fun japanese zombie gore and rock n' roll!

avenger00soul
01-15-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by abbycomix
I hate to be a nit-picker, but I'm pretty sure The Eye, Heroic Trio (which I love!), Bride With White Hair, and Chinese Ghost Story, and others listed here are Chinese. Though Battle Royale and Audition, etc. are from Japan.

I thought this might happen. Which is why I should have used the word Oriental. It's much like the action films that we get from that part of the world. No matter where they are filmed they are still called Hong Kong shooters. It's just a bad generalization. I should have been more specific.

But then as George Clooney says in From Dusk Till Dawn when he calls Scott Japanese and is informed that he's Chinese: "Well excuse me all to hell.":D

Glad to see someone else loves The Heroic Trio. Those little devil kids really freak me out.

mictlan
01-15-2004, 09:49 AM
I hate to be a nit-picker, but I'm pretty sure The Eye, Heroic Trio (which I love!), Bride With White Hair, and Chinese Ghost Story, and others listed here are Chinese. Though Battle Royale and Audition, etc. are from Japan. Don't know if this helps anybody but thought I'd let you know.

True. The Untold Story and Ebola Syndrome are also Hong Kong, not Japanese. I think we are more sidetracked than ignorant.

avenger00soul
01-15-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by mictlan
I think we are more sidetracked than ignorant.

I hope that's the case.:D

bloodrayne
01-15-2004, 09:53 AM
I know I'm showing my ignorance here...But...Is Cannibal Holocaust Asian?...I've heard a lot about it, but I've never seen it...

avenger00soul
01-15-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
I know I'm showing my ignorance here...But...Is Cannibal Holocaust Asian?...I've heard a lot about it, but I've never seen it...

Italian. Most of the "cannibal" flicks were from Italy-those sick bastards.

bloodrayne
01-15-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Italian. Most of the "cannibal" flicks were from Italy-those sick bastards.

Damn, I was farther off than I thought...LOL...Figures...Thanks again Avenger:)

dashripper
01-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by mictlan
True. The Untold Story and Ebola Syndrome are also Hong Kong, not Japanese. I think we are more sidetracked than ignorant.

True. I just assumed he meant Asian Horror. Why would you just want to watch Japanese movies when all of Asia is putting out great movies?

Aylmer
01-15-2004, 10:10 AM
"Rickey-Oh: The Story or Riki" kicks ass not really horror but lots of gore. "The Eye" was really good too kinda reminded me of "Devil's Backbone" and "6th Sence" check out "Versus" too it's also really good, martial arts zombies are always cool.

wayne
01-15-2004, 10:33 AM
thanks everyone, i'll look out for them all. the story of riki i actually saw a trailer for today, it look's good so i'll be checking that one out next.

you'll have to excuse me when i said japanese, it's my dumb ignorance, i did mean asian/oriental.

also, the killer by john woo, any good?

Aylmer
01-15-2004, 10:41 AM
Never seen "The Killer" but a good friend who knows movies is all about that and "Hard Boiled" he seems to be more of a "HB" fan but loves both.

avenger00soul
01-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by wayne
also, the killer by john woo, any good?

Oh man, don't even get me started on old John Woo. The Killer is utterly amazing. As is A Better Tomorrow and Hard Boiled by Woo. If you like Asian shooters, check out Time and Tide and Fulltime Killer as well.

wayne
01-15-2004, 10:45 AM
:) cool, i'll check it out. cheers!

avenger00soul
01-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Aylmer
Never seen "The Killer" but a good friend who knows movies is all about that and "Hard Boiled" he seems to be more of a "HB" fan but loves both.

I prefer Hard Boiled as well. But all are worth seeing.

Sam The Egg
01-15-2004, 12:31 PM
http://www.mandiapple.com/snowblood/index2.htm
A good site to go by when getting Japanese movies.

abbycomix
01-15-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by avenger00soul

Glad to see someone else loves The Heroic Trio. Those little devil kids really freak me out.

Yeah, I really need a copy of heroic trio on dvd! Sadly Anita Mui died of cancer last week. She was wonderful in that film! I also liked the Killer and Hard Boiled, you can't go wrong checking out some classic Woo! Still need to see Riki-o...

avenger00soul
01-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I really need a copy of heroic trio on dvd! Sadly Anita Mui died of cancer last week. She was wonderful in that film!

I didn't know that!!! Bummer.

You can get The Heroic Trio on DVD most anywhere now. It's 14 at Bestbuy I believe.

Grackan
01-15-2004, 03:13 PM
Favourite Asian Films:

The Phone (Korean)
The Eye
Ring Series
Suicide Circle
Shinjuku Triad Society
Rainy Dog
Ley Lines
Dead or Alive 1 & 2
The Spiral
Crossfire
Ichi the Killer
Hard Boiled
Once Upon a Time in China
Audition
Bangkok Dangerous (Thai)
Battle Royale

Still to see Versus & Ju-On

:cool:

Bub
01-16-2004, 02:45 PM
Some great great films there, nice lists.
The Eye is Thai, just to clear that one up :) It is a great film, I have to agree.
There are some here I haven't seen and will have to check out, I can hear my wallet crying again.

avenger00soul
01-19-2004, 10:13 AM
Thanks to a damn good friend I just got to watch Audition. CHECK IT OUT!!!

heapodd
03-21-2004, 01:09 PM
Would like some recommendations from someone in the know.
I've watched a few (and thought they were fabulous) but need some more titles.

Thanks

Sam The Egg
03-21-2004, 01:26 PM
well it would help to know what you'd alread watched

BudMan
03-21-2004, 06:43 PM
ditto what Sam said....ditto?...what the fuck does that mean anyway..
The Eye was pretty creepy in my book. I just picke up Ju-On and Versus at my local Newbury Comics but haven't watched them yet. From what I hear thay are pretty good [ or else I've wasted about $45. ] My next purchase will be Battle Royale.

radio667
03-21-2004, 06:59 PM
i saw battle royal..it was good - not great ..i kinda fell for the hype on that one ...still a great knife in the crotch scene by the girl in the " Kill Bill " Movie ( i think her name in Bill was GO-GO )

Sam The Egg
03-21-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by radio667
i saw battle royal..it was good - not great ..i kinda fell for the hype on that one ...still a great knife in the crotch scene by the girl in the " Kill Bill " Movie ( i think her name in Bill was GO-GO )

Yeah, hype can kill a movie like Battle Royale. Lucky for me, I saw it when I was first getting into the Japanese import stuff (I was already into Akira Kurosawa), so I hadn't heard anything about it. I loved it, though.

StaggerLee
03-22-2004, 08:40 AM
well, if you haven't yet watched anything by Takashi Miike, now would be a good time to start...

zwoti
03-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by StaggerLee
well, if you haven't yet watched anything by Takashi Miike, now would be a good time to start...

certainly audition and ichi the killer. he has done other good films like the dead or alive series, but they fall more into the gangster/yakuza genre.

Weird Terrain
03-22-2004, 03:30 PM
Audition was ok, but Visitor Q is much better. Thats a keeper.
Evil dead Trap is also pretty good and not to forget the Guinea Pig movies.
Ohh yeah The Whole is great too, and then ofcause there is the Ringu trilogy.

StaggerLee
03-23-2004, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Weird Terrain

Ah, the legendary Guinea pig movies... impossible to get on your hands, at least in Finland. the only thing I've found is a very short trailer. do you have any idea where one could get those gore classics?

Weird Terrain
03-23-2004, 06:09 AM
Yeah I know, they are not easy to come by here in Denmark too, but other than share networks, then the DVDs can be bought some places on the net.
I know that most of them (if not all) can be bought on www.half.ebay.com

zwoti
03-23-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by StaggerLee
Ah, the legendary Guinea pig movies... impossible to get on your hands, at least in Finland. the only thing I've found is a very short trailer. do you have any idea where one could get those gore classics?

http://www.unearthedfilms.com/

i picked them up at a film show in birmingham.

zwoti
03-23-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Weird Terrain

evil death trap 1&2 and not forgetting the men behind the sun trilogy.

Weird Terrain
03-23-2004, 10:12 AM
Well MBTS are Hong Kong movies, they just picture the killing of 300000 chinese killed by the Japanese army, but they are all made in Hong Kong, hehe ( I know that one was bad). And there is 4 of them :)
They are ok, just not as great as a war film can be, but pretty good none the less. Evil Dead trap are cool :P

zwoti
03-23-2004, 01:05 PM
how about some japanese zombie films, junk, wild zero and versus.

Machine King
03-23-2004, 04:07 PM
Try Dark Water, Ichi The Killer (techinally not horror), Vistor Q, and Evil Dead Trap

ohiotrespassers
03-29-2004, 06:52 PM
the Korean film 'a tale of two sisters' is really good, its not really horror but more of a suspense film with horror elements.

shorty tha pimp
03-31-2004, 03:35 PM
speakin of japanese zombie films can anyone be good enough to give me a short review of junk, wild zero and versus, i havent dabbled in these yet but have pretty much exhausted the other titles in the zombie genre, thanks

feral cat
04-14-2004, 01:33 AM
Wild zero (2000)
Japanese "Rock Band", "Wolf"
This film has japanese guys with big quiff's fighting zombies on turbo powerd motorbikes, and using guitar picks as throwing stars!!!
Flying saucers are heading towards the earth and at the same time a zombie plauge starts!!!!
Eastern (i.e Indian, chinese, japanese) visions of american rock cool always end up cheesey and cliched, leather jackets, greasy hair and fonzee thumbs up!, but you may want to give it a try as it wont be like anything else you have ever seen!

Versus (2002)
A group of prison escapees and yakuza gansters meet up in the woods for a hostage exchage, only to find themselves embroiled in a battle with there previous victems who come back to life and engage them in gun/karate combat!
again worth seeing because it was an independant that they put alot of effort into and its mad, but not the best zombie or japanese horror you will see

Freezer (not zombies but top japanese horror)
a young japanese girl suffers a gang rape and then like (I spit on your grave aka day of the woman) exacts her revenge, storing the bodies parts of her victims in a growing collection of freezers in her flat(apartment)! disturbing movie which is beautifull and touching at times and repulsive at others

If anyone wants to know about any other Japanese, Hong kong or korean movies, just ask and I will help if I can!

feral cat

I would also recomend the chinese(Hong Kong) movie Riki-Oh (aka Story of Ricky), if you like gore or Kung fu, it's described as evil dead, brainded and the matrix times 10!!, and features amost other scenes a man having razorblades put in his mouth and then being kung fu slapped around the head!

radio667
04-14-2004, 05:26 AM
Wow , Very Cool Feral Cat :D Thanks For that Last Post - I got to find these Films !!!!

chaosdoll
04-18-2004, 07:10 PM
Ive seen Another Heaven (liked), St Johns Wort (liked, and Ringu(didnt see what all the fuss was about), and am interested in seeing more asian horror films. I am interested in the following:
Stacy
Tomie series
Suicide Club
Audition
Evil Dead Trap
Eko Eko Azarak series
Pyrokinesis
Can anyone recommend these films, or advise as to other good ones?

feral cat
04-18-2004, 07:21 PM
your subject title is scarily long!

I would say "Dark water", but if you did not like Ringu it may not appeal!

Freezer (Japan)
Story of Ricky aka Ricki - Oh (Hong Kong/Japanese co. prod)
Satan Returns (hong kong horror)
Battle Royal (if it counts as horror)
Bancock Haunted (Thailand)
The Bride with the white hair (Hong Kong)
Herroic trio (Hong Kong)
The eye (Thailand)
Versus (Japan)
Wild Zero (Japan)
Happiness of Katakuris or anything by Takashi Miike (Japan)

might be what your looking for, but it just depends realy what your into!

don't know if this helps (http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4795&perpage=15&pagenumber=2)

Darkshade
08-08-2004, 08:04 PM
During the last year and a half I have discovered Asian Horror movies, and gladly wached every last one I come across, but, living in a cold desolated conty called Norway, and in a rather insignificant town appr. 100km from the closest, decent video store, the selection is rather limited :(

I have managed to get my hands on the Ringu movies (Withg the exeption of a movie I found on the net once, called Ringu-Virus?), Dark Waters, Ju-On (1+2), The Eye, The Phone, and a couple more (I have forgotten the names :()

What I need is some advice...

What more?
I NEED MORE :)

Anyone willing to help a poos sucker for good horror?

Darkshade

Sistinas
08-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Try downloading them.

Darkshade
08-08-2004, 08:25 PM
I'm planning to do that (when they manage to give me the line I have ordered,) but I still need the titles :)

Darkshade

ShankS
08-09-2004, 04:22 AM
DarkWater
Audition
The Eye
The Eye2
Shogun Assassin
Versus
Battle Royale
Story Of Ricky - Ricky Oh
Evil Dead Trap
Double Vision

to list a few... :)

Vleeshaak
08-09-2004, 05:12 AM
Ichi the Killer
Kakhashi
Stacy
Inner Senses
Nang Nak
Käïro

komi
08-09-2004, 05:50 AM
Audition
Battle royale
Dark water
All night long & 2 & 3
Ring & 2
Cure, Kurosava 1997
Death Powder, Izumija 1986
Visitor Q
Gemini, Tsukamoto 1999
Evil dead trap
Evil dead trap 2, Hashimoto 1991
Mermaid in Manhole, Hino 1995
Junk, Muroga 1999
Organ, Fudživara, 1996
Pulse, Kurosawa 2001
Pyrokinesis Cross fire, kaneko 2000
Rubbers lover, Fukui 1997
Splatter (Naked blood) sato 1995
St. Johns Wort, Tem 2001
Suicide circle Sono 2001
The grudge, Shimizu, 2002
Tetsuo: the iron man, Tsukamoto 1990
Tetsuo II: Body hammer
964 Pinnochio
Tomie, Oikava 1999
Vortex aka Uzumaki, Higuchinski 2000
Wizard of darkness Sato 1995
World apartment Horror, Otomo 1990

+ Ichi the killer
dead or alive 1 & 2

Darkshade
08-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Thanks!!!

That helps a lot :)

DS

KRUGERKID13
09-03-2004, 10:35 AM
I was wondering what you guys consider the best asian horror films to be.

I wasnt very open minded about other cultures movies but then i started talking to zwoti and know i am. I was just wondering what you guys suggested.

Ive only seen the eye as far as asian horror flicks go which i know own. I thought it was decent but not great

cheebacheeba
09-03-2004, 10:52 AM
I'd like to start by saying I don't know a great deal about asian horror, just what I've seen.

The first Ring (ringu) was quite good, a little more weird and atmospheric than the US version.

The movie based on a manga UZUMAKI is a weird, disturbing and kinda scary mindfuck of a movie.

The manga/anime scene is churning out some pretty horrific shit here and there, I don't know too much about this stuff myself, but no doubt someone on here will.

Not that it's horror, but battle royale is worth a look for seeing some fucked up situations, tense moments, and interesting kills.

I think the 3 I mentioned are all jap...

Uh, I saw a couple of pretty low quality, but funny asian zombie films called versus and Junk, if you're into that kinda thing, theyre maybe worth at least one watch.

My personal favourite of all time is actually a horror comedy from korea I think, one called Mister Vampire...apparently it's a series, but I have only seen part 1. Very funny, and some of the best fight/stunt coreography I have ever seen.

As for action stuff, and I know you didn't ask....if you ever come across these films
*Peking opera blues
*pepper and curry
*zatoichi (the first 3 I have seen, there's heaps)
They are also pretty watchable.

KRUGERKID13
09-03-2004, 10:56 AM
thanks

Egekrusher
09-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Bukakke.

cheebacheeba
09-03-2004, 11:10 AM
Oh yeah, I also saw the last 5 minutes or so of this asian film called "audition" I think, that was pretty hard to watch....

zwoti
09-03-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Egekrusher
Bukakke.

must stop myself from posting picture....must stop.

zwoti
09-03-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
Oh yeah, I also saw the last 5 minutes or so of this asian film called "audition" I think, that was pretty hard to watch....

if ever there was a film to put you off dating for life..

zwoti
09-03-2004, 11:26 AM
I'd like to start by saying I don't know a great deal about asian horror, just what I've seen.

The first Ring (ringu) was quite good, a little more weird and atmospheric than the US version.

The movie based on a manga UZUMAKI is a weird, disturbing and kinda scary mindfuck of a movie.

The manga/anime scene is churning out some pretty horrific shit here and there, I don't know too much about this stuff myself, but no doubt someone on here will.

Not that it's horror, but battle royale is worth a look for seeing some fucked up situations, tense moments, and interesting kills.

I think the 3 I mentioned are all jap...

Uh, I saw a couple of pretty low quality, but funny asian zombie films called versus and Junk, if you're into that kinda thing, theyre maybe worth at least one watch.

My personal favourite of all time is actually a horror comedy from korea I think, one called Mister Vampire...apparently it's a series, but I have only seen part 1. Very funny, and some of the best fight/stunt coreography I have ever seen.

As for action stuff, and I know you didn't ask....if you ever come across these films
*Peking opera blues
*pepper and curry
*zatoichi (the first 3 I have seen, there's heaps)
They are also pretty watchable.

ringu was better than the us version..
the sequels were ok but not as good as the original.

hopefully my copy of umuzaki will arrive tomorrow :D

ichi the killer is a must see, as are other films by takeshi miike.

mr vampire is a series of comedy/horror from hong kong starring lam ching-ying as the priest.

i won't start about asian action films 'cuz i won't be able to stop....

MichaelMyers
09-03-2004, 11:29 AM
Ringu, Battle Royale are some of my faves.

cheebacheeba
09-03-2004, 11:29 AM
"i won't start about asian action films 'cuz i won't be able to stop...."

Youre right, so many didn't make the cut...damn, asian JOHN WU films were the shit...the lone wolf+cub series was some crazy good shit too...

zwoti
09-03-2004, 11:34 AM
there's a whole batch of japanese samurai films like the razor series, lady snowblood and of course zatoichi

jay o2 waster
09-03-2004, 11:43 AM
lol bukakke

jay o2 waster
09-03-2004, 11:44 AM
i've really only seen guinea pig films, does that count

zwoti
09-03-2004, 11:49 AM
well they are asian

Vodstok
09-03-2004, 11:50 AM
two words:

IRON CHEF!

cheebacheeba
09-03-2004, 11:51 AM
Oh man, I watch that shit...funny as fuck...great chefs tho...

feral cat
09-03-2004, 11:52 AM
Visitor Q (http://shadowfaxmedia.co.uk/forum/kb.php?mode=article&k=16&sid=cfd197632bdcac84ce213bfac20912bf) , should be compulsary viewing!!!!:)

Untold story from Hong Kong is good
Dark Water from Japan
The Ilse from Korea

Asian horror trailers ...
The Isle , Gozu ,A Tale Of Two Sisters ,Phone ,Save The Green Planet ,Into The Mirror ,Chaos ... trailers can all be found
here (http://shadowfaxmedia.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=131) :)

bloodrayne
09-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Oh yeah, I also saw the last 5 minutes or so of this asian film called "audition" I think, that was pretty hard to watch.... I didn't really care for Audition very much...As a matter of fact, I gave mine to Hate Breeder...lol

I have heard that Ichi, Ringu and Battle Royale were excellent...Hmm...I may have to get those...

newb
09-03-2004, 12:20 PM
Ju-On The Grudge. I've mentioned this one in another thread. Very good. Hollywood remake coming out very soon. Watch the original first.

John Woo is the man. The Killer, Hard Boiled, A Bullet in the Head, and many more great action movies.
Versus, very over the top action, zombie flick.
Battle Royale, good stuff.

cheebacheeba
09-03-2004, 12:22 PM
Yup, don't think anyone saw BR and didn't like it...

Hate_Breeder
09-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Im going to watch Audition tonight

cheebacheeba
09-03-2004, 12:31 PM
I'm going to audition my watch tonight...:p

Hate_Breeder
09-03-2004, 12:37 PM
I'm going to audition my watch tonight...:p

HAHHA i like your new avy and title by the way! :)

cheebacheeba
09-03-2004, 12:41 PM
:cool:

Sam The Egg
09-03-2004, 02:06 PM
They aren't horror, but Kurosawa's movies are still the best ones to come out of Asia. I was dissapointed by Rashomon, but Ran completely blew me away. While I think Seven Samurai and, especially, Yojimbo were better, Ran is the best example of why he's such a great director.

As for the horror movies, Kaïro is the best. I think that's the only Asian horror movie that made my top 100 (BR isn't horror, but it made it, too). My main problem with them is, except for Ringu, they seem to dislike explaining things. I like open endings and all, but if you're going to have a really cool buildup, then you should at least have something, even if it's bad.

As for Visitor Q...I'll hold off giving an opinion until I post it on the site...

xGuardianx03
09-03-2004, 04:16 PM
I don't think anyone has mentioned Suicide Club yet. I liked that one alot.

I would personally stay away from St. John's Wort. Did anyone like this one?

Sam The Egg
09-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Suicide Club is good, but they kindof wrote themselves into a corner. They built it up and had all these red herrings, but the solution, or lack thereof, came almost out of nowhere, and didn't really explain much. Although I think with movies like that, the message is more important than the plot.

St. John's Wort sucked

Tubalcain
09-03-2004, 07:12 PM
master of the flying guillotine, i dont think i spelled that right, rocks.

KRUGERKID13
09-03-2004, 07:36 PM
i just spent 9 hours downloading ju-on: the grudge and guess what no fucking subtitles man am i pissed

know im downloading cannibal ferox

cheebacheeba
09-03-2004, 09:31 PM
Where do you d/l your full movies, kid?

Sam The Egg
09-03-2004, 09:36 PM
http://www.suprnova.org/
that place is good if you use Bit Torrent

but you didn't ask me, did you?

cheebacheeba
09-03-2004, 10:13 PM
You didn't mention you'd been dowloading movies either, Sam...

Sam The Egg
09-03-2004, 10:14 PM
not as of late, no. I downloaded Azumi (great), and Twilight Samurai. Unfortunately, Twilight Samurai doesn't want to play. But I've used the site enough to know that it works, and it's got tons of great stuff

cheebacheeba
09-03-2004, 10:18 PM
Can't say I exactly dig it when I d/l a whole film from kazzaa or something (yeah, I DON'T know where to go for full movies...), and then the fucking thing just doesn't work for no apparent reason.

So this site you mentioned, is it reliable? eg: 8 out of every 10 movies actually work?

Also, if it's asian films, a site that differentiates between subtitled and non subtitled movie files would be good...or is that always just touch and go?

Sam The Egg
09-03-2004, 10:23 PM
the downloads can get kinda long, but that's the only problem I've had

cheebacheeba
09-03-2004, 10:24 PM
Thanks.
I'll have a look.

cheebacheeba
09-03-2004, 10:30 PM
Well I haven't got o downloading anything yet, but god damn boiy, they got a lot of movies...
One question, under horror movies they list something called parasite eve, I could've sworn that was a game...is this a movie about the game, a movie that inspired the game, or totally unrelated to your knowledge?

Hate_Breeder
09-03-2004, 10:33 PM
i know this is a little off topic but does anyone know where i can download some Fulci?

Sam The Egg
09-03-2004, 10:34 PM
I haven't played the game, but the movie is a Japanese sci-fi horror-ish movie about a guy who gets cells from a kidney or liver from his dead wife and tries to re-grow her or something. It's been a while, so my memory of it's a bit fuzzy

KRUGERKID13
09-03-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
that place is good if you use Bit Torrent

but you didn't ask me, did you?

thats where i downloaded it

Hate_Breeder
09-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Anyone got an opinion on Audition because i am going to watch it soon.....

KRUGERKID13
09-03-2004, 11:06 PM
no but ive heard it was good

cheebacheeba
09-04-2004, 12:53 AM
wELL, IN THE LAST 5-10 MINUTES i CAUGHT OF AUDITION, hb, I saw a chick stick what looked like acupuncture needles into a guys eyes, and saw each of his feet off at the ankle with razor wire.

Not all "gore", but there's a alotta blood happenin'...

Hate_Breeder
09-04-2004, 12:55 AM
wELL, IN THE LAST 5-10 MINUTES i CAUGHT OF AUDITION, hb, I saw a chick stick what looked like acupuncture needles into a guys eyes, and saw each of his feet off at the ankle with razor wire.

Not all "gore", but there's a alotta blood happenin'...

Nice! Im gonna watch it soon then go to bed. Been a rough day sitting around the house :rolleyes:

cheebacheeba
09-04-2004, 01:04 AM
I know, it's hard sometimes...;)

cheebacheeba
09-04-2004, 05:25 AM
SAM, or anyone else who's used
for movies n stuff, I am attempting to d/l a movie now...is there a way you're meant to be doing it?
Right now, I'm "saving as", but all it seems to do is putting an unrecognised icon in the save location, and I'm not seeing any d/l progress anywhere.
The type of unknown file icon won't work, so I have went online to see what the file association says, and apparently in order to view the file, I need to get "something" from cknow.com
I'm not sure...?
Do you ever see the d/l progress?

zwoti
09-04-2004, 06:43 AM
have you installed BitTorrent

cheebacheeba
09-04-2004, 08:56 AM
Is that something I NEED to install? You think the site may have dropped this info on me, hey...
I'll have a look for it, but would you be able to give a direct link to the bitTorrent d/l just in case I'm unsuccessful?

Thanks.
- B.

cheebacheeba
09-04-2004, 08:58 AM
Is that something I NEED to install? You think the site may have dropped this info on me, hey...
I'll have a look for it, but would you be able to give a direct link to the bitTorrent d/l just in case I'm unsuccessful?

Also, do you have to register on the site, or can guests d/l also>?

Thanks.
- B.

zwoti
09-04-2004, 09:17 AM
try a google search for BitTorrent, latest version is 3.4.2

i'm downloading and i haven't registered but some sources will require you to register.

Sam The Egg
09-04-2004, 01:35 PM
don't do Save As, just click it like any other link

KRUGERKID13
09-04-2004, 03:27 PM
dont download the ju-on movies unless you can speak japanese.

i downloaded cannibal ferox last night excellent quality

cheebacheeba
09-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Yeah, it's all good, I just didn't have the bitTorrent thing, I'm geting BR2, slowly...

Hate_Breeder
09-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
I didn't really care for Audition very much...As a matter of fact, I gave mine to Hate Breeder...lol

Yeah im still trying to get around to watching it

bennymaine
10-22-2004, 07:23 AM
i've been reading about how great and piss on yourself scary the horror flicks are coming out for the past four or five years in japan lately but i cannot find a good site that has a list or review archive so that i can start getting them from netflix. anyone who knows of such a site i would appreciate it very much. and dont be afraid to give me all the sites you can think of. thanks alot.

Ben

Steve_Hutchison
10-22-2004, 07:25 AM
www.upcominghorrormovies.com
The guy reviews a lot of Asian horror movies. I don't like his style and we don't share the same opinions but that doesn't mean he can't be of any help.

bloodrayne
09-13-2005, 06:32 AM