PDA

View Full Version : does anyone remember this...

megatron
08-08-2004, 05:17 AM
Hi

This is my first post here. I have been trawling around the web for a certian film i saw when I was a kid but can't seem to find any info on it, I hope you guys/gals don't mind if I pick your brains...

The film goes like this...

black and white I think

A woman inherits a house/mansion, after the old boiler in the basement is opened up (despite warnings from the old caretaker) some small humainoid prune like creatures start to come out and cause trouble and eventually kill the occupiers. One scene that comese to mind is when the band of little monsters get a cut throat razor and leave it on the bathroom floor for the woman to tred on.

If anyone knows the name please let me know - its drivig me mad.

megatron
08-09-2004, 02:26 AM
arrg - come on somebody!

movieman64
08-09-2004, 08:22 AM
I remember the show, although I can't recall the name. I don't remember it being in B/W. It seems like it was a short story, maybe tales from the darkside etc... There was a scene where they all stood on each others shoulders to unlock/open a door, and in the end didn't they end up dragging her into the boiler with them? Sorry I can't be of more help.

nine9
08-09-2004, 01:17 PM
I know this.......was always on Chiller Thriller when I was little.........I'll try to think of it and get back to you......:)

megatron
08-13-2004, 01:01 AM
AWESOME

I knew you horror nuts would know!

thanks for the reply - I look forward to watching it again.

Thanks

Jsun
08-23-2004, 05:45 AM
This is a 1973 made-for-TV movie called DONT' BE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

nine9
08-23-2004, 06:15 AM
THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I do....and I was trying to remember the name of it!

It was about these tiny demon people who lived in this woman's house and killed people!

I knew this was the movie............actually the woman getting dragged away by the people was the at the beginning of Chiller Thriller..............

Jsun
08-23-2004, 10:43 AM
Check out this site for a brief synopsis and creepy audio clip of DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK...

http://www.lastdriveinontheleft.com/dbaotd-sw.html

nine9
08-23-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Jsun
Check out this site for a brief synopsis and creepy audio clip of DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK...

http://www.lastdriveinontheleft.com/dbaotd-sw.html

Damn that brings back so many memories..........if it is out of print the only chance to see it I guess is if they replay it on TV. :(

One of my favorite childhood movies too! Yes I was a sick kid LOL! :p

Fuck Disney.........

megatron
08-23-2004, 11:06 AM
Wonderful - thanks guys. You have made em so happy :D

Jsun
08-23-2004, 11:12 AM
You shouldn't have any problem finding copies of this on eBay. I've noticed several auctions for bootleg DVD copies lately. I bought a VHS copy on eBay a couple of years ago. It was great to see it again after so many years!

nine9
08-23-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Jsun
You shouldn't have any problem finding copies of this on eBay. I've noticed several auctions for bootleg DVD copies lately. I bought a VHS copy on eBay a couple of years ago. It was great to see it again after so many years!

Thanks for the tip! I have never bought on ebay......will have to check it out!

movieman64
08-24-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by nine9
Damn that brings back so many memories..........if it is out of print the only chance to see it I guess is if they replay it on TV. :(

One of my favorite childhood movies too! Yes I was a sick kid LOL! :p

Fuck Disney.........

Me too. I'd tell my friends about watching these movies, after school and on weekends and they would just look at me like you are strange.

nine9
08-24-2004, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by movieman64
Me too. I'd tell my friends about watching these movies, after school and on weekends and they would just look at me like you are strange.

LOL! Yes and you are a guy! Not many little girls were into horror back then! :D

Sure miss the good old seventies!