PDA

View Full Version : SPFX makeup

WaR38
07-31-2004, 05:55 PM
Anyone into special effects makeup? I'm going to school for it and just wondering if anyone else on here may be or is just into at all

darthvonpokemon
08-29-2004, 04:54 PM
Always interested, War. The more I can contribute to films in any capacity, the less I need other people. The less people you need to depend on, the better.
CK

nightbreed
09-22-2004, 12:01 AM
what school are you attending?

Delfino
10-21-2004, 05:53 AM
War Yeah I'm into SFX, I need to gain a lot of knowledge yet though to become really good at it. Sometimes the best stuff comes from messing around with what ever materials are available...

I'm into a lot of CGI stuff, but when concerning horror in particular its best to stay away from it until you are really, really skilled with it. lol

If you can name one horror film with extremely good CGI please tell me, I would be very interested in how it was constructed and what aspect of the film in general was CGI.

Thanks man, take care

Delfino

ADOM
11-14-2004, 07:29 PM
Delfino, it hasn't been on yet, but Species III is supposed to be mixing a lot practicals with CGI F/X. You might want to watch it on Sci-Fi when they release it just to see which F/X they choose to use CG for and why.

Not really a horror, but did see HELLBOY? That one creature with the tentacles on it's head was mostly practical F/X, but some of his movements were CG and a lot of it was seemless. I think the correct balance is the way to go.