PDA

View Full Version : The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Remake (theater version)

Freddy Krueger.
07-26-2004, 11:49 AM
Is it really that bad? I've herd some bad stuff said about it, and I might have even said some. But after watching it again I stoped and wondered whats so bad about it? To be completely honest, I loved the movie. Everyone seemed to HATE the idea, and didn't want it to happen. Which the more I thought about it, I didn't either. How could they do this to such a classic? I was very disappointed. I mean, remakes have a bad history the way it is. But this one was great. It could have used some more Chainsaw action but still very good.

C'Mon, honestly, what did you think about it?

Egekrusher
07-26-2004, 11:51 AM
There you go. If you don't like my threads, make your own. Don't shit on mine.

Egekrusher
07-26-2004, 11:53 AM
I was looking forward to the movie. Maybe that is why I was dissapointed. I was expecting more gore for some reason. Maybe that was because I had just seen Cabin Fever, one of the grossest movies I've ever seen.

Overall, it wouldn't have been too bad if it wasn't a remake, but it just doesn't stand up to the original.

newb
07-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Egekrusher
There you go. If you don't like my threads, make your own. Don't shit on mine.

Kinda ironic....don't cha think. You told him not to SHIT on your POOP thread.:D

Egekrusher
07-26-2004, 12:12 PM
I was thinking that same thing.

Angelakillsluts
07-26-2004, 01:52 PM
I couldn't get into it. Jessica Biel can't act.

wufong
07-26-2004, 02:12 PM
i thought it was ok. i think the reason a lot of people hated is beause tcm was one of those break through movies. a original, a new concept w/e. and it had a big impact on horror fans because of its originality, and thats something that this movie was missing. for most tcm fans

friday13thfan
07-26-2004, 02:34 PM
it was good

friday13thfan
07-26-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by MD2
It was alright. I cant understand why most of the film was filmed with the camera attached to Jessica Beils ass. Which didnt bother me actually, just didnt get it.

thats was a fine ass 2

bwind22
07-26-2004, 09:45 PM
I was very against the idea of this movie coming out.

How could they try to remake the perfect horror movie? I thought.

Well, upon seeing it, it certainly wasn't anywhere near as groudbreaking, gritty, or real as the first one, but it was still a pretty damn good horror movie, especially by today's standards. Most of the new ones that come out nowadays are pure horseshit, but this was actually pretty creepy. I really liked that they didn't try to 'remake' the original (like they did with Psycho), instead they just took the general plot and created a similar, but different and unique story around it.

I loved the remake and I think it's because I went in with low expectations.

P.S. Same thing with Dawn of the Dead. I thought it was a bad idea to remake it and I was sure it was gonna suck and then 10 minutes in, when suburbia was burning and the zombie outbreak was first getting going, I was like "This is the coolest fucking movie to come out in years!" I absolutely loved this one too!

MVP732
07-29-2004, 11:55 AM
IMO the remakes of TCM, dawn of the dead, and night of the living dead were all better than the originals. I thought the original TCM was stupid.

Arioch
07-30-2004, 01:54 PM
One of the lamest movies ive ever seen....and by far...the worst remake ive ever had the misfortune of paying money to see....will NEVER watch again.....leatherface was owned by the seventh heaven girl for gods sakes.....shame....

feral cat
07-30-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Arioch
One of the lamest movies ive ever seen....and by far...the worst remake ive ever had the misfortune of paying money to see....will NEVER watch again.....leatherface was owned by the seventh heaven girl for gods sakes.....shame....
Well im with Arioch ... it’s a lame remake, there was no point in it as it added nothing t the original...

Only R Lee Ermy kept this movie afloat with his creepy law enforcer, stealing the movie from all the other supposedly horrifying characters!

Jessica Beil’s a pretty girl, good for jeans and shampoo adds, but in this she sucked

I VOTE BAD

kpropain
07-31-2004, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by MVP732
IMO the remakes of TCM, dawn of the dead, and night of the living dead were all better than the originals. I thought the original TCM was stupid.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/kpropain/FLAME%20PICS/crack.jpg

Hate_Breeder
07-31-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by kpropain
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/kpropain/FLAME%20PICS/crack.jpg

Hafta fuckin agree on that one lol

zwoti
07-31-2004, 02:34 AM

kpropain
07-31-2004, 02:40 AM
LMAO @ Zwoti...dude that pic is just begging to have a caption photo shopped in....:D

zwoti
07-31-2004, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by kpropain
LMAO @ Zwoti...dude that pic is just begging to have a caption photo shopped in....:D

true, but it works even without one

MVP732
07-31-2004, 09:15 AM
i dont see how people could like the original TCM. I as a horror fan didn't like the movie. Some family members I've shown it to have told me to turn it off because it was so bad. Its a fucking hick with a chainsaw that has down syndrome. Can anyone tell me how that is entertaining? That movie was the worst quality, it was so damn boring, the action sucked, some of the deaths were cheap (the hammer), and overall the guy in the wheelchair sent the movie to hell.

zwoti
07-31-2004, 09:21 AM
i dont see how people could like the original TCM. I as a horror fan didn't like the movie. Some family members I've shown it to have told me to turn it off because it was so bad. Its a fucking hick with a chainsaw that has down syndrome. Can anyone tell me how that is entertaining? That movie was the worst quality, it was so damn boring, the action sucked, some of the deaths were cheap (the hammer), and overall the guy in the wheelchair sent the movie to hell.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/zwoti/banghead.gif

KRUGERKID13
08-01-2004, 09:15 PM
i thought that it was an ok movie in its own right but not a good remake

Corpsey
08-02-2004, 11:27 PM
I loved this movie. I even own the special edition two disc set.

JokerMONEY3000
08-03-2004, 07:01 AM

Same here. I only like to watch TCM original with the commentary on. Its alot more interesting. Those long scenes of being chased in the woods are funny with the commentary on. The NOTLD remake was way better then the B&W version. I thought the remake was more realistic. I didn't like when the zombies picked up things in the original. I thought it made more sense when they would just hit the house over an over. I didn't see the Dawn of the Dead remake, but it looks good. I don't like how the zombies can run, but whatever.

youshouldvknown
08-11-2004, 10:42 AM
I thought the first was far more superior than the remake and I've said this is almost every post I've made here. I too was excited to see it and was disappointed leaving the theatre. While for today's standards in teen summer horror movies, it wasn't bad, comparing it to its predecessor is like comparing Halloween and Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers. They're both scary, they both have some of the same qualities, but the latter has a bunch of mixed up crap thrown in to try to update it and explain stuff that supposed to be left unexplained. Also, you can't remake a low budget movie on a high budget. It loses scare factor with special FX and high paid well-known actors.

If you think the original is stupid, then you just don't get it and perhaps you NEED all of that fluff and for things to be laid out neatly for you. I find it scarier when there are unanswered questions.

dantehorrorfan
08-11-2004, 11:55 AM
this movie was ok to me but not a goodremake of the origanal :(

cheebacheeba
08-11-2004, 01:56 PM
"this movie was ok to me but not a goodremake of the origanal "

- huh-huh-huh He said "anal"...

goth_poser
08-22-2004, 03:24 PM
dude, only posers liked the mtv remake...same with yawn of the dead

xGuardianx03
08-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by goth_poser
dude, only posers liked the mtv remake...same with yawn of the dead

Well, seeing that you're a "goth_poser", you must have loved it then.

IDrinkYourBlood
09-01-2004, 02:01 PM
hey everbody, lets all be really cool and tell people that there poser's just because they have there own opinion and like diffrent stuff.

MovieFan47
09-01-2004, 03:02 PM
I thought the production design was amazing, but it lacked the feeling of realism that the first had. That's what made it so frightening to me. It felt like you were watching a documentary.

IDrinkYourBlood
09-02-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by MovieFan47
I thought the production design was amazing, but it lacked the feeling of realism that the first had. That's what made it so frightening to me. It felt like you were watching a documentary.
I really liked both of them. But the Original was a couple steps up on being better.

MichaelMyers
09-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Funny thing, I actually saw the re-make before the original. I thought they were both great movies, unique in their own right. If you put a gun to my head, I'd probably go with the 70's version, though. Something about the film, the abstract originality of it that's not present with the glossy 2003 version.

IDrinkYourBlood
09-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by MichaelMyers
Funny thing, I actually saw the re-make before the original. I thought they were both great movies, unique in their own right. If you put a gun to my head, I'd probably go with the 70's version, though. Something about the film, the abstract originality of it that's not present with the glossy 2003 version.
And better characters and sceens

Arioch
09-04-2004, 02:51 PM
I never get tired of posting my hate of the remake:D