PDA

View Full Version : What Bands have you met?

jay o2 waster
07-19-2004, 01:37 PM
I was just wondering what musicians everybody has met.

Me
1 Fieldy from Korn
2 The new Powerman 5000
3 Deadsy

Stingy Jack
07-19-2004, 01:41 PM
I saw John Stamos on a unirail in Vegas. I left him alone, though. I mean ... so what? It's John F'n Stamos.

Hate_Breeder
07-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Never met any although i would like to meet the Misfits:rolleyes:

kpropain
07-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Pro-Pain
Skinlab
Eyehategod
Pissing Razors
Superjoint Ritual
Exodus
Testament
Drowning Pool
Sevendust
Clutch
Motorhead
Blue Murder
Saigon Kick
Danger Danger
Slaughter
Blue Oyster Cult
Night Ranger
Vinnie Moore
Tony McAlpine

Hate_Breeder
07-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by kpropain
Pro-Pain
Skinlab
Eyehategod
Pissing Razors
Superjoint Ritual
Exodus
Testament
Drowning Pool
Sevendust
Clutch
Motorhead
Blue Murder
Saigon Kick
Danger Danger
Slaughter
Blue Oyster Cult
Night Ranger
Vinnie Moore
Tony McAlpine
Damn :eek:

nine9
07-19-2004, 04:45 PM
Damn you are lucky Kpro! :(

My cousin is Randy Bachman though...........but I've never even met him...........sniff sniff.......:( :) :)

Stingy Jack
07-19-2004, 05:04 PM
Pro-Pain
Skinlab
Eyehategod
Pissing Razors
Superjoint Ritual
Exodus
Testament
Drowning Pool
Sevendust
Clutch
Motorhead
Blue Murder
Saigon Kick
Danger Danger
Slaughter
Blue Oyster Cult
Night Ranger
Vinnie Moore
Tony McAlpine

Who??

Freddy Krueger.
07-19-2004, 06:38 PM
I met a rubber band straight in the eye once.

rae_pierre
07-19-2004, 08:43 PM
The Strokes -- yummy

Phantom Planet (including an extremely drunk Alex Greenwald from Donnie Darko)

Howie Day

OKGO

Sarah McLachlan

White Stripes

Billy Idol

Our Lady Peace

The Hives

nine9
07-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by rae_pierre
The Strokes -- yummy

Phantom Planet (including an extremely drunk Alex Greenwald from Donnie Darko)

Howie Day

OKGO

Sarah McLachlan

White Stripes

Billy Idol

Our Lady Peace

The Hives

YOU MET BILLY IDOL??????????????

So COOL!:cool:

What was he like?

rae_pierre
07-19-2004, 08:51 PM
f--ing cool is what he was. I couldn't believe it--I told him I had been listening to him since I was like ten. He looked at me as if saying "Damn, I'm old."

But he was really cool and quite nice, lots of energy STILL! Looks good, almost the same. Still the same bad-ass party rocker attitude...

:D

bwind22
07-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Foo Fighters
Art Alexakis (lead singer of Everclear)
Fat Mike and Eric Melvin (NOFX)
Mike (MXPX)
OK GO
The Burden Brothers (Including Todd Lewis from the Toadies & Taz Bentley from Reverend Horton Heat)
Wu-Tang Killah Bees
Atmosphere alot of times (They are from Minneapolis)
Guttermouth
Millencolin
Ten Foot Pole
Joey Cape (from Lagwagon)
Wee-Man (from Jackass)
Chad from Nickelback (lead singer)

I also met Adam Sandler, Macy Gray, and John Cryer (From Pretty in Pink and that Charlie Sheen show 2 and a Half Men) the last time I was in Hollywood.

nine9
07-19-2004, 09:00 PM
You made my day Rae!

I have never met anyone................:(

My brother has met lots of people because he does reviews for the paper here..........evil bro! :mad:

rae_pierre
07-19-2004, 09:04 PM
He writes for a paper? Sweet, I did that once. :(

I met a lot of bands, many of which I can't remember, because I was a promoter for bands performing in the Detroit area.

It's okay not to have met anyone. They're just people...
:D

Hate_Breeder
07-19-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by nine9
You made my day Rae!

I have never met anyone................:(

My brother has met lots of people because he does reviews for the paper here..........evil bro! :mad:

Me neither.................:( ........................i want to though hardcorely. I would like to meet Jerry Only damnit

nine9
07-19-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
Me neither.................:( ........................i want to though hardcorely. I would like to meet Jerry Only damnit

Lets you and me go groupying HB..........yeah..........make em all jealous!;) :D

kpropain
07-19-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Stingy Jack
Who??

Who what?

What are you trying to ask here dude?

Hate_Breeder
07-19-2004, 09:27 PM
Who what?

What are you trying to ask here dude?

Hes trying to say he doesnt know who the people are. OH DAMNIT! Theres a good good show playing like 2 hours away from here...........i wonder if i could get in its:

Lacuna Coil
Superjoint Ritual
and Devil Driver

fuck.......

kpropain
07-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Hes trying to say he doesnt know who the people are. OH DAMNIT! Theres a good good show playing like 2 hours away from here...........i wonder if i could get in its:

Lacuna Coil
Superjoint Ritual
and Devil Driver

fuck.......

Damn dude you are missing a kick ass show...Superjoint is fucking awesome live...You should have went to that.

Stingy Jack
07-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to music -- unless you're talking about classical, which is all I really listen to.

kpropain
07-19-2004, 09:55 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to music -- unless you're talking about classical, which is all I really listen to.

LOL yeah Stingy most of those bands I listed are really heavy bands....They make Metallica look like the Backstreet Boys...

I like a lot of different kinds of music myself Stingy, I enjoy a lot of classical as well, my favorite classical being Nicolo Paganini... I really like a lot of Bluegrass stuff to, Doc Watson is the man...Can't say I've ever really been a big fan of rap though, about the only rap groups I like are The Beastie Boys, House Of Pain, Wyclef Jean and the old NWA stuff...other than that the rest of it is all garbage...

Stingy Jack
07-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Niccolo Paganini. Why am I not surprised! (You know, it is said that the devil taught him to play violin!) I like orchestrations, myself. Carl Orff's Carmina Burana is probably my favorite of all. I could also listen to Ravel's Bolero for hours on end (it has that incredible build that almost brings me to tears.) Hey! I appreciate you a lot more, Kpro!

kpropain
07-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Niccolo Paganini. Why am I not surprised! (You know, it is said that the devil taught him to play violin!) I like orchestrations, myself. Carl Orff's Carmina Burana is probably my favorite of all. I could also listen to Ravel's Bolero for hours on end (it has that incredible build that almost brings me to tears.) Hey! I appreciate you a lot more, Kpro!

Hey thx man, When I was in marching band in high school we played Carmina Burana, that is an absolute beautiful score of music...I like orchestrations as well, as far as those go I like Brahms,Bach Chopin, Tchaichovsky, Mozart, and Beethoven...

I also like the modern stuff done by John Williams, I truly love the scores from Star Wars, I have that cd and listen to it a lot...

jay o2 waster
07-19-2004, 10:22 PM
if i could meet 1 member from a band i would wanna meet Chad Grey, I would wanna have a sit down dinner with him, There is so much i would like to ask ....

Stingy Jack
07-19-2004, 10:23 PM
I have the Star Wars Episode I CD, just because I like that piece that sounds like Carmina Burana ... what the hell was it called ... It was the music that played during the fight between Qui-Gon and Darth Maul.

Stingy Jack
07-19-2004, 10:24 PM
Shit, I made it sound like that was the only piece of Williams' work that I liked. Which isn't true! I like a LOT of his stuff! And I like Danny Elfman's work as well.

kpropain
07-19-2004, 10:29 PM
I have the Star Wars Episode I CD, just because I like that piece that sounds like Carmina Burana ... what the hell was it called ... It was the music that played during the fight between Qui-Gon and Darth Maul.

I have that cd also, and if I'm not mistaken I think the one you are talking about is Duel Of the Fates...

Stingy Jack
07-19-2004, 10:32 PM
Yes! Duel of the Fates. That's it. I heard the piece on NPR before I saw the movie and loved it. But, now it's not so good. It's a little too repetitve for my taste (and here I say I like Bolero! A piece that is about repitition!) Do you have Danny Elfman's CD? Music for a Darkened Theater I believe it's called. I used to own it, but it has long been lost. Most of his stuff nowadays is not as dark as it used to be.

kpropain
07-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Yes! Duel of the Fates. That's it. I heard the piece on NPR before I saw the movie and loved it. But, now it's not so good. It's a little too repetitve for my taste (and here I say I like Bolero! A piece that is about repitition!) Do you have Danny Elfman's CD? Music for a Darkened Theater I believe it's called. I used to own it, but it has long been lost. Most of his stuff nowadays is not as dark as it used to be.

No I don't have any of Elfman's stuff, I've been planning on downloading some of it but haven't gotten around to it yet, my computer is quite loaded down and I need to delete some stuff, lol I have a little over 15 gigs worth of music on my hard drive, over 5000 songs...I'll certainly have to down load some of it though, as soon as I get around to deleting some stuff..

GirlieGirl
07-19-2004, 11:46 PM
i WILL be famous someday..........

does that count???

:rolleyes:

Lucid Dreams
07-20-2004, 12:23 AM
umm...lemme c i've met::Balzac, marky ramone, dez cadena, the damned, the dickies, agnostic front(actually was dancing with the guitarist backstage) DI, nd i'm gonna b meeting another (literally) 50 bands on friday bc i'm gettin backstage at a HUGE show(hellfest)...god i love having a famous cousin haha

Hate_Breeder
07-20-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Lucid Dreams
umm...lemme c i've met::Balzac, marky ramone, dez cadena, the damned, the dickies, agnostic front(actually was dancing with the guitarist backstage) DI, nd i'm gonna b meeting another (literally) 50 bands on friday bc i'm gettin backstage at a HUGE show(hellfest)...god i love having a famous cousin haha

Damn everyone is going to Hellfest :(

kpropain
07-20-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by GirlieGirl
i WILL be famous someday..........

does that count???

:rolleyes:

You are already famous in my book hon;)

Hate_Breeder
07-20-2004, 01:51 AM
You are already famous in my book hon;)

AWWWWWWWWWWWW :)

Vodstok
07-20-2004, 05:38 AM
Ive never met anyone famous. Okay, sort of, Jenny Thompson (an olympic gold medal swimmer) hails from my home town and she had been through a store i worked in once.... Big, muscular chick. Shoulders were almost as broad as mine. She was actually pretty though...

My Brother in law is pretty tight with the guys from Godsmack. He took my sister back stage at the Boston Music Awards a couple of years ago to meet the guys, and guess she was in a mood so she was a total bitch to them, but she said they were very polite and freindly....:rolleyes:

Yeah, My brother in law was also Squiggies nephew on Laverne and Shirley. Weird shit, huh? Although, He doesnt show up in IMDB. He was thinking of getting back into acting a couple of years ago (he was cast as a stalker on Dark Angel before they cancelled it, it was a late 2nd season, 3rd season bridge), but he ended up passing on it to be with my sister. I like him:)

newb
07-20-2004, 05:57 AM

I have that CD. Good stuff on it. Music from Batman,Beetlejuice.Nightbreed,Darkman,The Simpsons and more.
Its hard to believe he was the founder of the 80s band "Oingo Boingo".

Vodstok
07-20-2004, 06:40 AM
Elfman wrote the score to The Nightmare Before Christmas, and sang all of Jack Skellington's parts. I applied for Berkley School of music and was looking to get a degree in film scoring because of him.

I guess the reading public should be happy i didnt get in, because i decided i was better at literature than music anyway :)

Stingy Jack
07-20-2004, 07:01 AM
True Story:

My wife threw Joan Rivers out of Baskin Robbins once. She came in there to get some ice cream and brought her nasty little poodle into the store with her. My wife refused to serve her unless she left the dog outside. It was great.

Vodstok
07-20-2004, 07:29 AM
True Story:

My wife threw Joan Rivers out of Baskin Robbins once. She came in there to get some ice cream and brought her nasty little poodle into the store with her. My wife refused to serve her unless she left the dog outside. It was great.

Good. She is about the most annoying woman onearth. So is her ugly ass kid.

One of my sister's freinds worked in a record store in florida. She was a manager, and fired Marilyn Manson and Twiggy Ramirez for stealing cds...:)

settdid
07-20-2004, 03:55 PM
Damn everyone is going to Hellfest :(

I am going to hellfest! all three days!

Lucid Dreams
07-20-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by settdid
I am going to hellfest! all three days!

really? i'm only goin the first day and maybe the third day...nd i'm gonna b getting backstage too

Lucid Dreams
07-20-2004, 04:11 PM
by the way...hey *settdid* where u live in jerzee? or ny....egh?¿

settdid
07-20-2004, 04:18 PM
My dad knows\ knew hundreds of celebritys because he worked in the record and radio buisness for years....He even got into a fight with rza from Wu Tang Clan. ha ha ha ha.... I swear it's true.

HappyCamper
07-20-2004, 04:40 PM
I've met John Flansberg one of the "Johns" from They Might Be Giants. I've had my picture taken with Weird Al. I met Al Jorgenson from Ministry.

Other famous people i've met,

I met the director of 'Monster'

and Harry Brown the Libertarian Pres. Candidate (2000 election)

Sistinas
07-20-2004, 04:43 PM
I've met Jimbo and Scotty from the Reverend Horton Heat, they were both super cool to the fans.Other than that its just a bunch of punk bands no one has heard of.

Preacher
07-21-2004, 06:36 AM
Met an englidh band called Hundred Reasons. Bought the lead singer of 'A' a pint when i was pissed.

Also met the lead singer of System of a Down. He was cool but a bit intense. Again i was pissed and didnt really want a big convesation about american politics.

Preacher x x

Lucid Dreams
07-23-2004, 09:13 PM
for all that care...hellfest fucking kicked ass!!...until i got kicked in the face by some stupid ass stage diver nd almost ripped out my eyebrow piercing...gotta some battle scars so thats kool...met nd talked to all the guys there....talked 2 jerry(only) 4 a while, nd he's gonna b stoppin by my house 2morrow with his fiance(sp?) so yaaa...funn!

Hate_Breeder
07-23-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Sistinas
I've met Jimbo and Scotty from the Reverend Horton Heat, they were both super cool to the fans.Other than that its just a bunch of punk bands no one has heard of.

I bet ive heard of some of em. OH! And i was so goddamned excited yesterday i found the new Reverend album at Fred Meyers for $11 american. I hid it and i plan to come back and get it when i have the money

bwind22
07-23-2004, 09:19 PM

Unless they are all from your neighborhood (hardly qualifying as famous) how do you know who we've heard of? Punk is just about all I listen to.

Try me.

Hate_Breeder
07-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by bwind22
Unless they are all from your neighborhood (hardly qualifying as famous) how do you know who we've heard of? Punk is just about all I listen to.

Try me.

Wow me too. Lots and Lots of it. You like JFA or Nausea. I have a shitload dude. I bet we listen to a lot of the same music bwind.

KRUGERKID13
07-23-2004, 09:21 PM
hometown hero

skinnypuppyvi
08-12-2004, 01:57 AM
Dope
everyone from StaticX old and new
I met Tripp when he was in Dope
Nadja Puelen(Coal Chamber)
Full DEvil Jacket
Proffesional Murder Music
MArzi
Rooney( the guy from Princess Diaries band)
Burton bELL( fear factory)

great way to meet people is working at hotels
my dad use to work at one and met tons like Chuck Norris, Phil Collins,Elton John otheres thaat i dont remember.

Lucid Dreams
08-12-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by skinnypuppyvi
Dope
everyone from StaticX old and new
I met Tripp when he was in Dope
Nadja Puelen(Coal Chamber)
Full DEvil Jacket
Proffesional Murder Music
MArzi
Rooney( the guy from Princess Diaries band)
Burton bELL( fear factory)

great way to meet people is working at hotels
my dad use to work at one and met tons like Chuck Norris, Phil Collins,Elton John otheres thaat i dont remember.

i've wanted to see dope for the longest fucking time...i've "known" them since they were underground(by known i mean i knew about them and loved their music) but i can never find out when they're playing around here

moonsorrow
08-12-2004, 10:35 AM
lets see...dimmu borgir, the kovenant, gorgoroth, mayhem...some of them at least.... lacuna coil, paradise lost, moonspell and...well...i think thats it

Egekrusher
08-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by moonsorrow
lets see...dimmu borgir, the kovenant, gorgoroth, mayhem...some of them at least.... lacuna coil, paradise lost, moonspell and...well...i think thats it

I hate you.

moonsorrow
08-12-2004, 01:39 PM
well...its hard not to meet them, half of them hang out at the same bar as me.

Lucid Dreams
08-12-2004, 04:33 PM
hey moonsorrow...you ever hear of a band called Kamelot...i think there from around there

Sistinas
08-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by bwind22

Try me.

20Trenched,The Joe Fund, and the Shoplifters to name a couple.I actually did coke with the drummer for 20Trenched.

Sistinas
08-12-2004, 05:01 PM
I bet ive heard of some of em. OH! And i was so goddamned excited yesterday i found the new Reverend album at Fred Meyers for $11 american. I hid it and i plan to come back and get it when i have the money

Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!

Hate_Breeder
08-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Buy it!Buy it!Buy it!

I came back and i couldnt find it :( ....... but thats where the internet comes in ;)

moonsorrow
08-13-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Lucid Dreams
hey moonsorrow...you ever hear of a band called Kamelot...i think there from around there

iv heard the name and a few songs... i thought they were sweedish?

Lucid Dreams
08-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by moonsorrow
iv heard the name and a few songs... i thought they were sweedish?

yaa, that might be it...i wasn't really too sure where exactly so i guess thats it

Hate_Breeder
08-13-2004, 01:31 PM
Amebix is an awesome band. Listen to Fear of God

jay o2 waster
08-23-2004, 10:29 AM
I just met Corey from slipknot lastnight and joey from slipknot/murderdolls

jay o2 waster
08-23-2004, 10:33 AM
also here is some proof of me meeting Powerman 5000 last year. I am going to get my pictures of me and slipknot developed and then go and get them scanned soon, I will also scan my pictures with deadsy and korn

Lucid Dreams
08-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by jay o2 waster
also here is some proof of me meeting Powerman 5000 last year. I am going to get my pictures of me and slipknot developed and then go and get them scanned soon, I will also scan my pictures with deadsy and korn

u see them live? i've been wonderin how good they are live

jay o2 waster
08-24-2004, 12:54 PM
really good, They sound very good, a lot like they do on the album as far as Spider One goes. They put on a good show and the tickets were only five bucks. They all seemed really down to earth