PDA

View Full Version : The Tingler

Steelsymth
07-12-2004, 06:37 PM
I watched this movie today for the first time in years and I forgot how much I really like it. The effects are really good if you remember time it was made in. I have always liked Vincent Price movies anyway plus it's in black and white but there is a blood effect thats in color.

Steelsymth
07-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Steelsymth
I watched this movie today for the first time in years and I forgot how much I really like it. The effects are really good if you remember time it was made in. I have always liked Vincent Price movies anyway plus it's in black and white but there is a blood effect thats in color.

zwoti
07-13-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Steelsymth

william castle films are classics (well some of them) and having vincent price in them is just a bonus.

Robert Neville
07-20-2004, 05:55 AM
The "Percepto" gimmic that Castle used in the "Tingler" was a great idea too. On it's first theatrical run, certain seats in the theater were wired electronicaly to give the movie goer a mild shock during certain scenes. Pretty cool. But you'd probably get sued today.:mad:

Vampenguin
08-04-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by zwoti
william castle films are classics (well some of them) and having vincent price in them is just a bonus.

My thoughts exactly.

HoHH

Splatter Phreak
08-07-2004, 09:05 AM
sounds like a damn fine movie - i will have to go and find me a copy now.
------------------------------------------------------
www.geocities.com/horror_movie_phreak
------------------------------------------------------

Vampenguin
08-26-2004, 01:24 PM
Yay

I get to see this and Dr. Phibes in a couple days, on order from the Library

zwoti
08-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Vampenguin
Yay

I get to see this and Dr. Phibes in a couple days, on order from the Library

both phibes films?

Vampenguin
08-26-2004, 02:00 PM
Only the first, for now

Proteus
08-26-2004, 05:48 PM
I dig this film as well one of Castles best and the use of colour was excellent....can't wait till the WC produced Bug to come out

Proteus

zwoti
08-27-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Proteus
I dig this film as well one of Castles best and the use of colour was excellent....can't wait till the WC produced Bug to come out

Proteus

ok, don't say i didn't warn you about this film :D

Hate_Breeder
08-27-2004, 02:30 AM
Im surprised Rebel hasnt seen this thread yet.

zwoti
08-27-2004, 03:19 AM
she will, if she ever gets out of the general forum

Hate_Breeder
08-27-2004, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by zwoti
she will, if she ever gets out of the general forum

Yeah i hear ya. Gets way too random in there

IDrinkYourBlood
09-16-2004, 06:40 PM
theres a trailer for this movie on the recent divimax anchor bay release of dawn

Baldi
09-18-2004, 02:16 AM
The Tingler is a great flick - but then, Castle was monumental. He didn't make deep movies, he made ENTERTAINING movies. What more can you ask. They're daft, they're silly, and they're good fun. Perfect.

Rebel Yell
09-24-2004, 07:44 PM
By far my favorite Vincent Price movie of all time. I love it so.

phantomstranger
10-19-2004, 03:54 PM
The Tingler is one of the most entertaining
B-movie classics there is. If you like this film check out the Original "House On Haunted Hill'. Watch it late at night with the lights off and the sound turned up.

horror_master
11-09-2004, 10:38 AM
I always loved his movies. I am on quest type deal to buy all the classical horror movies and mordern movies I can find. I have a collectionr eaching over about 60-70 I think already Hoping to make into the hunards soon. In the next 2-3 years or so.

allmykids
11-09-2004, 08:15 PM
God I haven't seen that in years!! Loved it!!

ADOM
11-24-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by horror_master
I always loved his movies. I am on quest type deal to buy all the classical horror movies and mordern movies I can find. I have a collectionr eaching over about 60-70 I think already Hoping to make into the hunards soon. In the next 2-3 years or so.
I think someone else posted about this on here, but if you want really old B-movie or silent classic horror films check out Target's $1 section. They have DVD's of films that have fallen into the "public domain" and so can be copied without paying out royalties. There are some really good and really bad old horror titles in there.

The_Return
11-27-2004, 09:20 AM
HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

http://movies.go.com/moviesdynamic/movies/movie?id=687601

When a movie relies on camp, ya dont fucking remake it.

FUCK

hailtothechimp
11-29-2004, 06:43 PM
Apart from the 'tingly' seats in the cinema, wasn't there a part in the movie where the film seems to unreel and we hear Vincent Price warning that the tingler was about to draw near? If I recall correctly, one saw a shadow of the creature on the screen.

I may be thinking of another film, but the above gimmick has William Castle stamped all over it!

ADOM
12-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

http://movies.go.com/moviesdynamic/movies/movie?id=687601

When a movie relies on camp, ya dont fucking remake it.

Hollywood has become one big cover band for old movies. I think they should just re-release the original Tingler on DVD and a handbuzzer on a timer that shocks you while you watch it. Just be sure to pause them both at the same time.