PDA

View Full Version : Dawn Of The Dead

_Leatha_Face_
10-22-2003, 07:36 PM
when i went to c the TCM i saw previewns for this and the movies looks like its gonna kick ass, did any1 else c previews ?

Sick_As_Fuck
10-22-2003, 09:16 PM
I was GREATLY disappointed with the trailers I got when I saw TCM. Not one interesting movie. And correct me if I'm wrong, but Dawn of the Dead is he 2nd installment in Romero's zombie trilogy, right? So eventually we'll get a remake for Day of the Dead? I fuckin' loved that movie.

Sean1605
10-23-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Sick_As_Fuck
I was GREATLY disappointed with the trailers I got when I saw TCM. Not one interesting movie. And correct me if I'm wrong, but Dawn of the Dead is he 2nd installment in Romero's zombie trilogy, right? So eventually we'll get a remake for Day of the Dead? I fuckin' loved that movie.

I wouldn't count on it, as the Dawn remake isn't looking so grand. But hey, enough of the general public paid to see Resident Evil to merit a second one, so who knows.

For me, it's a toss up between Dawn/Day as the best of the trilogy. (Soon to be a quadrilogy if everything works out)

_Leatha_Face_
10-23-2003, 05:23 AM
if people will pay to c 28 Days Later which sucked dick to me i didnt even finish it we walked out of it, then i think people will pay to c this 1 cause its not gonna b low budget

Sick_As_Fuck
10-23-2003, 11:22 AM
A 4th installment aye? Sounds good.

avenger00soul
10-23-2003, 03:32 PM
A 4th installment aye? Sounds good.

Heard that he just changed the name of the possible fourth film to "Land of the Dead." I'm not too thrilled about that title. I liked Dead Reckoning better.

Tony
10-24-2003, 05:13 AM
Definitely. Dead Reckoning is much better. Land of the Dead reminds me of that flick Island of the Dead about the killer fliers. Horrible. Anyone know the release date on the Anchor Bay release of Dawn of the Dead?

avenger00soul
10-24-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Tony
Anyone know the release date on the Anchor Bay release of Dawn of the Dead?

Somewhere around Christmas I believe.

vera-icon
10-25-2003, 09:04 PM
when i saw TCM, i saw previews for the usual stuff... Matrix Rev., LOTR, Resident Evil, etc... but i still haven't seen anything regarding the Dawn remake.
this is one of my all time favorite movies, and although i'm interested to see how they do it.. i am not very happy that they chose to remake this Romero classic especially after i heard that the guy who directed scooby doo wrote the screenplay for Dawn!? *whimper* at least the NOTLD remake had Romero involved.. even Tom Savini directed it!
this doesn't make me a happy camper, but i'm willing to give it a chance and make my final decision after i see it. i truly hope they do Dawn of the Dead justice cuz if they screw it up, i'm gonna turn into Flyboy and bite somebody's butt. :p

avenger00soul
10-26-2003, 05:47 AM
I'll give it a chance b/c I really dug the trailer. It could still blow balls though.

mictlan
11-11-2003, 07:49 PM
i heard that the guy who directed scooby doo wrote the screenplay for Dawn

That's ridiculous. Things like that will eventually drive me crazy.

The DOTD trailer is online (http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/dawnofthedead/). I don't know what to think about it. Ving Rhames is cool, and the pace and isolation look like the first one... maybe... but it definitely won't be as good as the first one and more likely will suck out loud.

_Leatha_Face_
11-12-2003, 05:23 AM
jus seeing the the trailer again makes me wanna c this bitch so bad!!

dabruce16
11-12-2003, 08:04 AM
when i saw the trailer i was a bit shocked. i might kinda enjoy this movie. who knows tho. it sounds like they aren't at teh mall that often in the remake. so that will suck. and avenger00soul, i think i read some where that the anchor bay release will be out next year sometime around the remake comes out. im not sure tho.

Sick_As_Fuck
11-12-2003, 11:20 AM
I just viewed the trailer for the first time. I'm pretty stupid because I thought that I never saw the original, but after watching that I now know I definitely have. Great movie of course. But anyways, the trailer looks just alright IMO. Nothing special, and nothin' to shit my pants about. There's a lot of pretty well known actors in it though.

Ritualistic
11-12-2003, 02:26 PM
I am not the less bit interested in this remake... I dont like a lot of the actors starring in it.. It wont mess the original up because the original will always be great but this will just be one more stupid ass remake film.... By now I believe you all know my feelings on remakes... http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/blackeye/AR15firing.gif

crazy clown
11-12-2003, 05:03 PM
i'll probably go see it but it will probably suck.

_Leatha_Face_
11-13-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by crazy clown
i'll probably go see it but it will probably suck. im just not seeing it being that bad IMO

darkstar
11-15-2003, 08:37 PM
night of the living dead, dawn of the dead, day of the dead, dead reckoning.. thats just fucking retarded if he goes with land of the dead thats a better move still with the name theme hes been stickin to

Sick_As_Fuck
11-15-2003, 09:10 PM
I prefer "Land of the Dead" as well.

avenger00soul
11-16-2003, 06:14 AM
What about Dusk of the Dead fellows. Haha.

ShamSham04
11-16-2003, 07:24 AM
I haven't seen the original Dawn Of The Dead. I haven't seen Day Of The Dead either, but I'm pretty sure my parents are getting me that for Christmas.

Anyway, I'm downloading the trailer for the remake to see how it turns out.

Sick_As_Fuck
11-16-2003, 11:18 AM
So does anyone know when this is supposed to hit theatres?

_Leatha_Face_
11-16-2003, 01:50 PM
So does anyone know when this is supposed to hit theatres? possibly january

crazy clown
11-17-2003, 04:18 PM
i think its february but im not sure.

ShamSham04
11-17-2003, 04:28 PM
The trailer sucked.

crazy clown
11-17-2003, 04:43 PM
i thought that the trailer was pretty cool imo.

LegionFilms
11-28-2003, 08:19 AM
This remake can't touch the original, the only good thing is it has Ving Rhames in it. And a thing I noticed on the trailer, when they were in the parking garage, they made it seem like the zombies were zipping around.

hash23
12-01-2003, 10:24 PM
i personally believe that this movie is gonna be good, cause the night of the living dead (remake) was good too, and i believe as george remero made the original dawn of the dead, the remake should be good.

avenger00soul
12-03-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by hash23
i personally believe that this movie is gonna be good, cause the night of the living dead (remake) was good too, and i believe as george remero made the original dawn of the dead, the remake should be good.

That is exactly why I am reserving my judgement. The NOTLD remake was great, so this one could be too. You never know.

nightbreed
12-03-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by hash23

what you are forgetting is that Romero had direct influence on the production and direction of the 90 remake. He was involved in the project since day 1. He isnt at all going to be involoved in the Dawn remake and I think it's going to show. I agree that i wont judge it until I've seen it, but I'm not setting very high standards.

avenger00soul
12-03-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by nightbreed
what you are forgetting is that Romero had direct influence on the production and direction of the 90 remake. He was involved in the project since day 1. He isnt at all going to be involoved in the Dawn remake and I think it's going to show. I agree that i wont judge it until I've seen it, but I'm not setting very high standards.

John Russo and Tom Savini were both influences on the remake as well and then went on to do Children of the Living Dead. Did you see that horrendous flick?

nightbreed
12-03-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
John Russo and Tom Savini were both influences on the remake as well and then went on to do Children of the Living Dead. Did you see that horrendous flick?

sadly i have not

avenger00soul
12-03-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by nightbreed
sadly i have not

Don't say sadly, it's atrociously bad. Then again, it's good for a laugh.

avenger00soul
12-18-2003, 09:43 AM
Awesome new pic:

http://www.angelfire.com/creep/skinnerbrigade/dawnimage2.jpg

_Leatha_Face_
12-18-2003, 10:48 AM
this is how resident evil shouldve been like

Seeing-red
12-22-2003, 02:15 PM
They should not remake a movie that is already so great. And the remake is never (in most cases) as good as the original.

_Leatha_Face_
12-31-2003, 09:38 PM
March 19th iz the release date on this movie in case any1 was wondering :)

Bub
01-04-2004, 03:31 AM
I liked the trailer, music was nice.
I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to this or not, zombie films are one of my fave but northen america haven't been able to make a good horror film for years, any good links for info you could share with me?

trailer (http://clk.about.com/?zi=1/XJ&sdn=horror&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dawnofthedeadmovie.net%2Ftrail er.html)

Aasiyan
01-04-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Seeing-red
They should not remake a movie that is already so great. And the remake is never (in most cases) as good as the original.

Sad but true.

mictlan
01-08-2004, 07:19 AM
new poster:

http://www.aintitcool.com/image/dawn-of-the-dead.jpg

_Leatha_Face_
01-08-2004, 07:36 AM
god im so rdy for this movie it looks awesome!

HappyCamper
01-08-2004, 08:24 AM
i'm looking foward to seeing this, just like i'm looking forward to seeing 'AVP' and 'Van Helsing' However i loved the remake...so i hope this movie doesn't butcher the good name of the original.

allmykids
01-08-2004, 11:35 AM
I can't remember if i saw this or not. I tryed to rent it lastnight at blockbuster, they don't have it. infact bb really blows, they didn't have black christmas, night of the living dead 2 or 3. I NEED MORE HORROR DAMIT!!!

HappyCamper
01-08-2004, 12:00 PM
yeah BB and HWV both suck as far as horror movies. Look around, at the mom and pop video rental places..some of them have good horror sections even if the films are on VHS. or check out http://www.horrorsource.com

allmykids
01-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by HappyCamper
yeah BB and HWV both suck as far as horror movies. Look around, at the mom and pop video rental places..some of them have good horror sections even if the films are on VHS. or check out http://www.horrorsource.com THANKS!! I'll do that!!!

HappyCamper
01-08-2004, 12:26 PM
hey no problem..glad to help out fellow horror fans

mictlan
01-09-2004, 06:15 AM
New trailer for the new Dawn of the Dead! Much better than the last one.

http://www.dawnofthedeadmovie.net/

The zombies look pretty perky.