PDA

View Full Version : ButterFly Effect, Not Horror But damn good i think

bansheebc
07-07-2004, 09:07 AM
Picked it up yesterday and i must say i havent seen a movie like that since donnie darko or gummo, it was shot perfect, and the choas theory could go on for ever with diffrent everything, kinda weird on all the possibilities, but defintally worth checking out

Sistinas
07-07-2004, 09:46 AM
I thought it was awsome.Its on my must own list.

Hate_Breeder
07-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Plan on watching it tonight

Stingy Jack
07-08-2004, 06:01 PM
I didn't like this one so much. I'm interested in chaos theory, and thought I would really enjoy this film ... but the acting was just outright terrible. The story was pretty solid, except for the fact that the main character kept doing things that didn't make sense. For example, after he beats up the brother and lands in jail (thus, mucking up a life that was turning out to be pretty good), why not just go back and do that life again ... only, this time, don't kill the brother. Why go all the way back to the beginning and change something else?

Another movie for fans of chaos theory: Bug.
This one was pretty good, too. Only, it's a comedy. But it has one of the most solid plots I have seen in a film in a long time.

Sistinas
07-08-2004, 06:24 PM
I've never heard of bug,but I'll have to check it out.

thepsychicfetus
07-08-2004, 06:44 PM
i was really surprised by the butterfly effect because from the beginning i was expecting it to be terrible, just another teen horror flick. but i was glad to discover that it was actually good and worth the 8 dollars to go to the theater. the one thing i had a problem with was the way ashton kutcher ran in the mental hospital. seriously, just gay.

movieman64
07-08-2004, 08:49 PM
Would have been a much better movie with a lead other then Ashton Kutcher, hard to take him seriously in a dramatic role.

Hate_Breeder
07-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Just saw it and i liked it a lot but dont know about the Kutcher running thing lol

Threl kaar
07-08-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by movieman64
Would have been a much better movie with a lead other then Ashton Kutcher, hard to take him seriously in a dramatic role.
word

Stingy Jack
07-09-2004, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by thepsychicfetus
i was really surprised by the butterfly effect because from the beginning i was expecting it to be terrible, just another teen horror flick. but i was glad to discover that it was actually good and worth the 8 dollars to go to the theater. the one thing i had a problem with was the way ashton kutcher ran in the mental hospital. seriously, just gay.

Yes! Ashton Kutcher running in the hospital was hilarious!! (and gay). I turned to my wife at that point and gave her a "what the fuck is he doing" look.

Egekrusher
07-10-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Stingy Jack
I didn't like this one so much. I'm interested in chaos theory, and thought I would really enjoy this film ... but the acting was just outright terrible. The story was pretty solid, except for the fact that the main character kept doing things that didn't make sense. For example, after he beats up the brother and lands in jail (thus, mucking up a life that was turning out to be pretty good), why not just go back and do that life again ... only, this time, don't kill the brother. Why go all the way back to the beginning and change something else?

Another movie for fans of chaos theory: Bug.
This one was pretty good, too. Only, it's a comedy. But it has one of the most solid plots I have seen in a film in a long time.

He couldn't go back to that time. He can only go back to a period when he was having a blackout, so he only has so many points in time and space that he can revisist and change.

Edit: Okay, I see what you're saying now. Start all over, revisit that same time period, make the same change, wake up again, and don't kill her brother. Good point.

This IS Ashton Kutcher we're talking about here.

ShankS
07-10-2004, 11:54 AM
this was one of those films I just couldnt get into, maybe I was tired when trying to watch it??

donnie darkko
07-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Aston Kutcher was pretty good in it, the scene when he meets kayle again when she a prostitute,he was pretty good in it there are some parts where u can see a little kelso comming out but still he was good the directors cut is even better then the theatrical

Hate_Breeder
07-14-2004, 07:30 PM
i thought it was hella funny when he ate shit with no arms. I know its probably wrong but for some reason i found it very very hilarious

thecritic
07-17-2004, 07:46 PM
I thought that the film setup was great. I, as opposed to a whole bunch of people, thought that Ashton Kutcher did a very good job in the movie. Who wouldn't want the chance to go back and change things? This movie goes to great lengths to show how messed up things can truly get. Did anyone watch both endings? Which did you think was better? The baby? The birthday? For those who have seen it, they will understand it.
________
buy silver surfer vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/silver-surfer)

orangestar
08-13-2004, 08:52 PM
I just got done watching the theatrical version (Im watching the Directors cut tomorrow) and I thought it was a really good movie with some of the worst acting in recent memory. This is the only case I can think of where a 17 year old boy (the kid who played Evan at 13) has the best acting in a movie. Ashton did really good, but I like him so I was expecting him to do good. There is big plot hole at the end, but its forgiveable.

also, infinifilm is the best thing to happen to movies since the DVD

donnie darkko
08-13-2004, 08:57 PM
The acting in Thr Butterfly Effect was great, Ashton ws his best ever in this film,Melora Walters was great as she is in all her films, Eric Stolts was great as the pervert bastard dad, Ethen Suplees character was very belivable and Amy Smart was great in all her defferent charaters, come on the acting was real good not the greatest but deffinetly not the worst

orangestar
08-13-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by donnie darkko
The acting in Thr Butterfly Effect was great, Ashton ws his best ever in this film,Melora Walters was great as she is in all her films, Eric Stolts was great as the pervert bastard dad, Ethen Suplees character was very belivable and Amy Smart was great in all her defferent charaters, come on the acting was real good not the greatest but deffinetly not the worst

Okay, the more minor characters were good. I thought the "churchy boy" Tommy was horrible, and the prostitute Kaylee.

The acting definetly got better as the movie went on, but at the beginning I think everyone did an equally horrible job.

Ritualistic
08-13-2004, 10:13 PM
Loved it

donnie darkko
08-13-2004, 10:20 PM
I love it 2 its a great film

dantehorrorfan
08-14-2004, 12:13 PM
this film was koo:D

Vodstok
01-13-2005, 07:27 AM
I thought it was kinda okay not really. It wasnt awful, and Ashton was better than i thought, but it took for fucking EVER to get going. And i agree, it is damn near impossible to take Michael kelso seriously. or as i call him, "Mr moore" :D

slasherman
01-13-2005, 08:45 AM
I was very suprised by this movie...it was very good...better than Donnie Darko and Memento...(they have some sim...)
The scene with the little boy on the kitchen ...was really scary...nice visuals and ok actors...

1beastieibe
01-13-2005, 11:00 PM
This is one of those movies that I cannot get enough of! Im not a big Kutcher fan so I didnt expect much, but I was entertained the entire time I couldnt wait for what was next! I thought the acting was great especially from the younger kids. I still watch it all the time!

ChEEbA
01-13-2005, 11:40 PM
StingyJack...Bug....the one about the scientists?

That was the shit!!!

TheOmen
01-13-2005, 11:47 PM
Hmm, I have been avoiding this movie like the plague. But maybe I'll buy it now because of all these glowing reviews. It being an Infinifilm DVD doesn't hurt either.

urgeok
01-14-2005, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by TheOmen
Hmm, I have been avoiding this movie like the plague. But maybe I'll buy it now because of all these glowing reviews. It being an Infinifilm DVD doesn't hurt either.

exaxtly how i feel ....
the trailer left me cold ... I'm too old to relate to 'tortured youth' films now .. at least the ones being made at this time.

Tat2
01-14-2005, 09:03 PM
I thought the movies' idea...the chaos theory...was excellent. The story was very well written and the acting was at least average. The ending (both) still kinda left the feeling of "unfinished business" though. But, as far as I'm concerned, its one for the DVD collection based on the originality of the story if nothing else.

BH14
01-22-2005, 01:55 PM
When I rented this, I too didnt expect much but it was very good and I enjoyed the plot very much. Ashton Kutcher did a very good job. Try not to think of him as his other characters. The whole idea is very interesting and the consequence of changing your past is so creepy. These movies gives me more chills than some monster going around chopping heads off. SPOILER:: Imagine waking up with no arms and legs and having no idea what happened?? Or seeing a lady and her baby go towards a mailbox after you put a blockbuster in it?? These are just some eery scenes. I put this right up with sixth sense, and better than the ring and the others.

immortalem
01-22-2005, 05:02 PM
I love the director' cut of this movie. The ending is different and it is mindblowing.

Angelakillsluts
01-22-2005, 07:14 PM
Awesome movie. I want the DVD.

majorbludd
01-22-2005, 07:50 PM
it was on cable last nite....it kept my interest....but its still crap....no doubt kutcher can never shed kelso...yo that fat dude was fuckin...huh?