PDA

View Full Version : "Evil Child" books - any recommendations?

Dangerous Beans
07-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Hullo all!

Much as I hate to admit it, I've recently been suffering a rather embarrassing addiction to that ultry-cheesy sub-genre of horror known as the "Evil Child" story--you know, The Omen, The Bad Seed, that sort of thing...anything with Stepford-like kids, evil kids who wreck their families, genetically enhanced "perfect" children who go awry....I'll devour all of it.

But I'm running out of books to read...

Any suggestions of books that fall into this category?

zwoti
07-06-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Dangerous Beans
Hullo all!

Much as I hate to admit it, I've recently been suffering a rather embarrassing addiction to that ultry-cheesy sub-genre of horror known as the "Evil Child" story--you know, The Omen, The Bad Seed, that sort of thing...anything with Stepford-like kids, evil kids who wreck their families, genetically enhanced "perfect" children who go awry....I'll devour all of it.

But I'm running out of books to read...

Any suggestions of books that fall into this category?

midwich cuckoos by john wyndham, turned into the film village of the damned.

KRUGERKID13
07-06-2004, 08:17 PM
the exorcist if you would consider it evil child also night shift collection it includes children of the corn

Dangerous Beans
07-07-2004, 10:11 AM
I've read The Exorcist and everything by Stephen King...all the obvious stuff like that. I'm really looking for lesser-known books that I probably wouldn't have come across on my own--you know, all those mass-market paperbacks that proliferated in the '70s and '80s especially, with black covers featuring creepy-looking children... :D

Haven't read the John Wyndham, though, and I loved the movie, so I'll check that out. That's exactly the sort of thing I meant. Thanks. :)

zwoti
07-07-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Dangerous Beans
I've read The Exorcist and everything by Stephen King...all the obvious stuff like that. I'm really looking for lesser-known books that I probably wouldn't have come across on my own--you know, all those mass-market paperbacks that proliferated in the '70s and '80s especially, with black covers featuring creepy-looking children... :D

Haven't read the John Wyndham, though, and I loved the movie, so I'll check that out. That's exactly the sort of thing I meant. Thanks. :)

he also wrote the day of the triffids.

KRUGERKID13
07-07-2004, 06:12 PM
oh well you should have stated that earlier

zwoti
07-07-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by KRUGERKID13
oh well you should have stated that earlier

but that's got nothing to do with an evil child..

KRUGERKID13
07-08-2004, 12:05 AM
true very true

kpropain
07-17-2004, 02:03 AM
The Voice Of The Night - Dean Koontz

Lucid Dreams
07-20-2004, 12:43 PM
grab a copy of Threshold by Caitlin R. Kiernan...while your at it grab Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z. Brite....both great horror authors

Unaboner3000
07-22-2004, 09:26 PM
King's Pet Sematary......what a disturbing story.....with the baby running around with the scalpel trying to kill his parents......:eek:

LilMissScareAll
08-01-2004, 07:32 PM
"Victoria" by Ruby Jean Jensen... it's actually about a doll...but there are twin girls in the story... one is evil.