PDA

View Full Version : Are we in the end of times?

bwind22
06-29-2004, 11:25 AM
With all thats been going on in the world, it wouldn't really surprise me if we are hurling towards our own demise.

This goes against my stance on the 'What does God or Satan look like' thread, but it's a good quote, so I'll use it anyways....

"To have arrived on this Earth as a product of a biological accident, only to depart through human arrogance, would be the ultimate irony."
R. Leakey, author of Origins.

orangestar
06-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Do you mean like an apocolypse kind of thing? Like isnt it written in the bible somewhere something about how when the fighting in the middle east stops, that means the apocolypse is here?

Maybe I made that up, who knows with me?

Anyway, the thought of the world ending freaks me out. I dont want to believe that it could happen in my lifetime, but I suppose it could.

Interesting post topic by the way.

Vodstok
06-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by bwind22
With all thats been going on in the world, it wouldn't really surprise me if we are hurling towards our own demise.

This goes against my stance on the 'What does God or Satan look like' thread, but it's a good quote, so I'll use it anyways....

"To have arrived on this Earth as a product of a biological accident, only to depart through human arrogance, would be the ultimate irony."
R. Leakey, author of Origins.

I think i have made my beliefs clear in the other thread, but i find the end of the world, biblical or otherwise, fascinating.

Which kind are you referring to/thinking of? maybe weather (like Day after tomorrow). or maybe seas boiling and the dead rising fromt he grave? Oddly enough, I have a very real fear that one day i will wake up, and the dead will be milling about, looking for food.

weird, huh? Apocalyptic movies have always got my attention.

bwind22
06-29-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by orangestar
Do you mean like an apocolypse kind of thing? Like isnt it written in the bible somewhere something about how when the fighting in the middle east stops, that means the apocolypse is here?

Maybe I made that up, who knows with me?

Anyway, the thought of the world ending freaks me out. I dont want to believe that it could happen in my lifetime, but I suppose it could.

Interesting post topic by the way.

No, you didn't make that up. It says that after the third period of peace in the middle east, the end of times will begin.

By my count, there has been 2 great times of peace in the middle east, but that's a relative term. (Define time of peace.) Maybe, we are better off to just let the Israelis and Palastinians keep warring for the rest of our lives.

bwind22
06-29-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
I think i have made my beliefs clear in the other thread, but i find the end of the world, biblical or otherwise, fascinating.

Which kind are you referring to/thinking of? maybe weather (like Day after tomorrow). or maybe seas boiling and the dead rising fromt he grave? Oddly enough, I have a very real fear that one day i will wake up, and the dead will be milling about, looking for food.

weird, huh? Apocalyptic movies have always got my attention.

Basically, I'm refering to the end of human existance on this planet. I was thinking more along the lines of an atomic holocaust than a natural disaster...

I like apocalypse movies too!

Egekrusher
06-29-2004, 11:38 AM
I totally agree, actually. I can feel something massive rearing it's ugly head. Despite all my scientific views, I still believe in things such as ghosts and psychic dreams (not psychics; there is a major difference between them, believe me). I have been picking up on more and more dark energy, and I feel something on the horizon that is going to decimate us. I think some of us may survive, but most of us will be killed. Whether this is a nuclear, chemical or biological threat is beyond me, but I know it's there.

Hate_Breeder
06-29-2004, 11:41 AM
i heard that in 2009 the world is going to end but oh well Prophets never tell the truth......lol. But i really dont think this is going to happen, at least i hope

bwind22
06-29-2004, 11:42 AM
Interesting that you believe in ghosts without any scientific backing proving their existence. ;)

I'm with you on this though! I'd give us until 2006 until something major happens.

Vodstok
06-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Ugh. if there is a zombie holocaust, i am doomed to survive, I know this....

God, could you imagine how fucking terrible that would be? To be honest, i think most movie sugar-coat how awful something like that could really be.

Imagine something like Dawn of the Dead, but much broader, covering the end on different continents.... hell, that could make a great mini-series... Brb, have to write a plot and submit it to Sci-fi sothey can make a decent original show...

But really. imagine how different such a situation would be in Russia, or Australia, or Africa. I feel bad for the Africans.... That continent would be hell. Disease is already such a problem there...

I think the Russians would be better off. The zombies wouldnt retain heat, so they would freeze in a really bitter winter. Frozen blood would destroy tissue, so they would fall apart in the warmer seasons...

Egekrusher
06-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Interesting that you believe in ghosts without any scientific backing proving their existence. ;)

I'm with you on this though! I'd give us until 2006 until something major happens.

That's different. I've seen ghosts before. I have my own proof there.

Hate_Breeder
06-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
Ugh. if there is a zombie holocaust, i am doomed to survive, I know this....

God, could you imagine how fucking terrible that would be? To be honest, i think most movie sugar-coat how awful something like that could really be.

Imagine something like Dawn of the Dead, but much broader, covering the end on different continents.... hell, that could make a great mini-series... Brb, have to write a plot and submit it to Sci-fi sothey can make a decent original show...

Thats sounds good Vod, and yes it would very much suck to have a zombie holocaust. Although it would be pretty bitchin to be a zombie.

bwind22
06-29-2004, 11:55 AM
LOL!

I don't know how the idea of a zombie holocaust got introduced to this thread, but that's kind of funny to me for some reason.

I'm talking about something much more realistic, such as a third World War, that ultimately end the human race.

My 8th grade teacher once said "WW1 was fought with guns and marionettes. WW2 was fought with tanks and planes. WW3 will be fought with atomic weapons. And WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones."

I'm not sure if he made that up or took it from someone else, but I found it incredibly insightful.

I wonder what ever happened to that guy....

bwind22
06-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Egekrusher
That's different. I've seen ghosts before. I have my own proof there.

You've seen ghosts? That's cool. (Or creepy, depending on how you look at it and what type of ghosts they were.)

I, for one, do not believe in ghosts. My grandma does, she thinks her old house was haunted. But I have been inside houses that supposedly haunted and have yet to see anything happen that doesn't have a logical explanation.

Vodstok
06-29-2004, 12:02 PM
I dont see nukes ever really being used. Even if Al-Quaeda managed to get their hands on a true nuclear weapon, there would not be a nuclear reprisal for it. I think we would MOAB and Daisy-Cutter the middle east into a giant hole in the ground, but no nukes.

I dont believe that any other country would stand by us ever again after such a thing. Many of them would no doubt attack us for having used them.

I used this scenario after 911 to describe what America could do if we truly wanted to erradicate the threat from that part of the world:

Carpet bomb the entire area and pepper it with missles armed with VX gas. There, every breating living being would die a horrible death.

"Cleanse" the nerve gas with a full on Nuclear aasault. The fission/fusion reaction would destroy the nerve gas at a molecular level. The heat would turn all of the sand and stone in the middle east to glass. Anything that managed to survive the previous 2 waves would starve or dehydrate in less than a day or two.

Lastly, track anything that is moving on the ground with satellites. use GPS to kill it with a cruise missle.

after a month, not even tumbleweed would remain.

Would we? Hell no. That would make us the most evil country that ever existed. Do we posses the means to this end? Yup.

newb
06-29-2004, 12:09 PM
LOL!

I don't know how the idea of a zombie holocaust got introduced to this thread, but that's kind of funny to me for some reason.

I'm talking about something much more realistic, such as a third World War, that ultimately end the human race.

My 8th grade teacher once said "WW1 was fought with guns and marionettes. WW2 was fought with tanks and planes. WW3 will be fought with atomic weapons. And WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones."

I'm not sure if he made that up or took it from someone else, but I found it incredibly insightful.

I wonder what ever happened to that guy....

I've heard that very same saying years ago.

bwind22
06-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by newb
I've heard that very same saying years ago.

Well, I guess that answers that! LOL! And here I've been thinking my 8th grade teacher was insightful... Turns out he was just a plaguerist.

Fear
06-29-2004, 12:14 PM
mayan calendar

Will the world end in 2012? (http://searchenginez.com/2012/why2012maya.html)

Egekrusher
06-29-2004, 12:26 PM
You've seen ghosts? That's cool. (Or creepy, depending on how you look at it and what type of ghosts they were.)

I, for one, do not believe in ghosts. My grandma does, she thinks her old house was haunted. But I have been inside houses that supposedly haunted and have yet to see anything happen that doesn't have a logical explanation.

Yes indeed. Two of them, at my mothers house. They were just floating balls of light (bright blue and bright pink) that flew by me. One of those times, both my sister and I saw it, so I know I'm not crazy. It flew right between my legs that time and disappeared into a closet.

orangestar
06-29-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Fear
mayan calendar

Will the world end in 2012? (http://searchenginez.com/2012/why2012maya.html)

Thats right, I was just about to say that actually. Scares me a bit.

orangestar
06-29-2004, 12:42 PM
Yes indeed. Two of them, at my mothers house. They were just floating balls of light (bright blue and bright pink) that flew by me. One of those times, both my sister and I saw it, so I know I'm not crazy. It flew right between my legs that time and disappeared into a closet.

:eek: eek. I dont believe in ghosts. I figure you have to believe in an afterlife to believe in them. But Im not totally opposed to the idea. If I saw a ghost I would become a believer in them, just hasnt happened yet.

bwind22
06-29-2004, 12:47 PM
I have been in a couple so-called 'haunted' houses (James J. Hill House several times as well as a couple other, less well-known, ones.) While there, I like to challenge the 'ghosts' to come out and do something to prove their existence.

So far, I have yet to see anything abnormal.

Egekrusher
06-29-2004, 01:53 PM
I have been in a couple so-called 'haunted' houses (James J. Hill House several times as well as a couple other, less well-known, ones.) While there, I like to challenge the 'ghosts' to come out and do something to prove their existence.

So far, I have yet to see anything abnormal.

I think most people who tell ghost stories are full of shit and just want attention. Most don't have witnesses. But I do. I don't know if it was a ghost, or some lifeform that we're just not aware of.

friday13thfan
06-29-2004, 05:22 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/WTF.gif

Freddy Krueger.
06-29-2004, 07:44 PM
That's different. I've seen ghosts before. I have my own proof there. Interesting. I myself believe in ghosts. Rememer, just because you can't see doesn't mean it isn't there. Well, see it with the naked eye that is. It has been known that some people do indeed see ghosts every now and then. The dead is among us. But don't fear them, they are here to watch over us. Now, I'm not saying that there isn't a evil ghost, if you will, but still, I don't think they are here to harm us or scare us, as many ghost movies make it seem. http://www.freewebs.com/creephouse/realghost.htm .

And as for ghost storys and 'haunted' houses and such, well I don't believe in that. Even though I've witnessed a actualy ghost before in a 'haunted' house, I still would like to see more proof. Most ghost stories around here are indeed lies. I say 'most' becasue I've yet to visit each 'haunted' house. Most of them have real big historys behind them and the ghost stories about the house are like something in a horror movie. They make it sound like the 'ghostly trio' haunt the house.

And now as for the end of the world, well I, personaly, think that it is indeed near. My I bring back a happening in the Bible? A village of the name of Sodom Demori, I belive it was called, filled with queers. God was angry at this. He said he was going to destroy the village and everyone in it because of thier horrible sin. He said "if you can find just one man who believes in me, truely believes, I won't destroy the village." (Or something similar.) They searched and searched but found no one. And thus, the village and people were destroyed. Now because this horrible sin is still around today, the planet as we know it, along with hte people, will be destroyed. I think there should be a KKK against queers. Sure, the KKK will go to hell for killing, but the world wouldn't be destroyed and the end won't come. Thats what I call taking a hit for your country.

Plaguewind
06-29-2004, 07:47 PM
End of times? Nah... But I'm pretty sure we're on the verge of a very dark period... And it will be quite ironic that a being so proud of its rationality is thrown in such a hard time by its utmost ignorance...

Stingy Jack
06-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Well, obviously we are in the middle of some really violent times. The worst I have seen in my lifetime. But, I am sure that the human race will survive. In fact, I don't think we'll end up destroying ourselves. I think, if the human race DOES become extinct, it will be from a viral outbreak OR the greenhouse effect OR the sun dying and swallowing the Earth in its death throes.

I don't believe in ghosts. I believe what orangestar said about them, that you have to believe in some sort of afterlife to believe in spirits. I don't believe anyone who says they have seen a true ghost ... unless I believe that THEY believe it. But I'm sure that if I was with them at the time, I would not have seen what they saw (or knew what it really was and told them.) IF there is anything remotely like a ghost that exists, it would simply be the leftover residual energy from what was once living. Our brains are constantly producing energy, and I suppose it may be feasible that some substances (or even certain buildings) can absorb this energy and release it on occasion ... particularly if the once-living produced an abundance of this energy (like a prison, filled with despairing prisoners; or a house with a violent history). But even in these cases, it would just be non-conscious energy. More like the house (or whatever) is replaying the past like a casette tape.

I used to be pretty active in searching for ghosts when I was fresh out of high school. I would take my video camera to any old and deserted houses I could find in the middle of the night and just walk through them, filming. I saw some weird stuff (bones in a fireplace was the oddest) ... but never got a ghost. Caught a loud fart from one of my friends, though.

By the way, is Freddy joking? WTF?

Steelsymth
06-29-2004, 10:37 PM
My question is not if it happens BUT what will you do if it happens. I guess if it's the kind of end you can see coming what would U DO??????

Stingy Jack
06-29-2004, 10:41 PM
Man ... depends on how much time I got.

Like, if it's the sun dying scenario -- I'll have about 8 minutes to live. So, I suppose I would kiss my family goodbye and hold them until the end comes.

If it is something I can see coming, but have a lot of time ... I would just spend it with my family. We would just drive, and try to see as much beauty before we croak.

Man ... that's too depressing. I need to go on to a different thread.

misterX
06-29-2004, 10:44 PM
ya all being a bunch of cry babies oo theres a little war going on, "the worlds gonna end" boo hooo the earths temp is going to rise a few degrees waaaa waaa " the worlds gonna end" wwwwaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaa some rivers are toxic waa waaa' the worlds gonna end" bunch of fucking chicken littles. besides who cares the sooner the world ends the sooner i go to heaven.

fluffho
06-29-2004, 10:56 PM
people talking about the end of the world is like the metric system

"you had better learn it now, cuz everything is gonna change pretty soon!"