PDA

View Full Version : Tales From the Darkside

avenger00soul
10-19-2003, 07:12 AM
What's your favorite episode of this old series? Mine was the one where the old man (Ed Asner maybe) kept telling his children about this monster he made up called The Grither. Only he didn't quite make him up.

Ritualistic
10-19-2003, 08:38 AM
oh man I love this series.. Where I live it still comes on Late on saturday nights. I caught it last week, but I dont know how long the will be running it. But my favorite episode has to be the one where this guy has a refrigerator that eats the women that he brings home. But then he goes home with a woman to her house and she has a bed that eats him.. Or it maybe the other way around .. I cant remember but I do recall this epidsode and it my favorite.. Do you like the movie as well..?? Deborah Harry rocked in it.

avenger00soul
10-19-2003, 08:56 AM
Loved the movie. That damn cat story freaked me out. I'm a huge Christian Slater fan too.

Killer Clown#1
10-19-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Loved the movie. That damn cat story freaked me out. I'm a huge Christian Slater fan too.
Is that the movie where that guy keeps trying to kill that black cat, then there is this part where he puts cat food on the tv and waits for the cat to star eating it then he shoots at it but missies and hits the tv.Then at the end the cat jumps down his throat:) Is that the movie???

Ritualistic
10-19-2003, 12:13 PM
Yup sure is... Great huh..?? The cat story reminds me of the movie "Cat in the Brain" starring gorefather himself Lucio Fulci

avenger00soul
10-19-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Killer Clown#1
Is that the movie where that guy keeps trying to kill that black cat, then there is this part where he puts cat food on the tv and waits for the cat to star eating it then he shoots at it but missies and hits the tv.Then at the end the cat jumps down his throat:) Is that the movie???

That's the one. That particular story is titled "The Cat From Hell."

Killer Clown#1
10-19-2003, 02:20 PM
That guy that was trying to kill the cat was funny as hell:D

avenger00soul
10-19-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Killer Clown#1
That guy that was trying to kill the cat was funny as hell:D

Yeah, he was the ghost of Christmas Past in Scrooged. He also sang that damn annoying song "Hot, Hot, Hot" and was the lead singer of the New York Dolls.

Nitara
11-07-2003, 12:34 PM
What's your favorite episode of this old series? Mine was the one where the old man (Ed Asner maybe) kept telling his children about this monster he made up called The Grither. Only he didn't quite make him up.

That's my favorite as well. damn I miss that show.:(

avenger00soul
11-07-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Nitara
That's my favorite as well. damn I miss that show.:(

Wow, I thought that no one had seen that episode. Awesome.

Nitara
11-07-2003, 12:50 PM
it's the one with the Christmas theme right? with the big hands coming through the windows and breaking the grandparents/parant necks?

It's like the only one a really remember from that show.. lol

avenger00soul
11-07-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Nitara
it's the one with the Christmas theme right? with the big hands coming through the windows and breaking the grandparents/parant necks?

It's like the only one a really remember from that show.. lol

Yes, that's exactly it. That's so awesome. I love when the huge hands come crashing through the window. Classic stuff.

mudsliptones
11-14-2003, 09:42 AM
YOU PROMISED

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

sweet:D

SFF
03-22-2004, 07:33 PM
Well, this is an old thread, but it deserves bumping.:D
I loved this show! Some of my favorite episodes are: The one where the cannibal couple cook this one girl in their hot tub, the one about the tarot card reader who has a cursed deck, the one about the old man who refuses to die and he turns into a smelly, rotting, walking corpse and blows his entire nose off into a napkin and one which was about this greedy old man who pretty much controlled an entire town and everyone was in debt with him. On Halloween, he ran a haunted house which, if one of the townspeople's kids could go through it and find some type of papers (I forget what they were) the entire town would be relieved of their debts to him. It had a cool witch in it that got rid of the old fartknocker. Anyway, I really miss that show.

Nefarious
05-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Damn, this thread brought back memories. I remember I would go into my parents room while they were watching TV downstairs at night, and turn on the little tv (the only one in the house that got Fox and good reception) and watch Freddy's Nightmares but Tales from the Darkside was too late. I only caught one episode, where the kid creates a machine that sucks the life out of things, and it goes out of control and kills their mom and gets bigger and bigger...it had a creepy ass into too.

allmykids
06-20-2004, 09:28 AM
Loved the movie. That damn cat story freaked me out. I'm a huge Christian Slater fan too. ME TOO!!