PDA

View Full Version : The Pit

Tony
10-18-2003, 04:52 PM
BIG TIME SPOILERS

Anyone else caught this old flick? I'm not sure how old it is but it's from the 80's. It's HILARIOUS. It's one of the most unintentional funny films of all time. I know Avenger00soul has seen it because it was his copy I watched in the first place. It's about a kid named Jamie (who is autistic according the back of the box but it NEVER states so in the film). He is a weird little pervert who has no friends and alot of people piss him off and hurt his feelings. Even little helpless old ladies in wheel chairs. Here is big time plot twist number 1. Jamie talks to his Teddy Bear (voiced by whoever the kid who played Jamie is). His bear tells him to get even. The whole film you are lead to believe the bear is just talking via Jamies Imagination. Until Jamie leaves the room and the bear looks towards the door. LOL. Big Plot twist 2: The bear tells Jamie to get even with the people. Big Plot twist 3: Jamie finds a big ass hole in the middle of the woods. It is fool of Tragalogdytes (trolls basically). Jamie leads the people who piss him off oh so easily to the woods and tricks them into falling into the pit. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Eventually towards the end the trolls get out and start tearing up the whole town. During this 20 or 30 minute period you never hear from or see Jamie. Then suddenly he is back in the film again. It's hilarious. Let Avenger00soul speak on this matter now.

avenger00soul
10-18-2003, 04:55 PM
Yes, this is the funniest movie I have ever seen. Tony, you did a great job describing it but you forgot Jamie's sexual obsessions. Haha. Anchor Bay is actually releasing this soon on DVD with another classic, The Prey. Can't wait. Gotta love those commando trolls.

Killer Clown#1
10-18-2003, 04:58 PM
That sounds like an awsome movie:D :D :D . So you guys are friends in real life?

avenger00soul
10-18-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Killer Clown#1
That sounds like an awsome movie:D :D :D . So you guys are friends in real life?

Who, me and Tony? Nah, I hate that bastard. Haha.

Tony
10-18-2003, 05:19 PM
Yep. Avenger and I met way back during our first Sophmore year at college about 3 years ago. We are still Sophmores. I shit you not.

Ritualistic
10-18-2003, 05:26 PM
Yeah "the pit" is a good movie.. very funny... throwing those bodies into the pit came easy to Jamie.. cant wait to get it on DVD cause my VHS is getting very old and worn.. I have read reviews about this movie in the past and all were bad.. they didnt know what they were talking about

Tony
10-18-2003, 05:32 PM
I think sometimes people take movies too seriously. I feel that is why they hate alot of them. If you see from the get go that a movie is going to be awful. Start laughing immediately at all the dumb shit before you. You may just end up loving what you started hating.

Ritualistic
10-18-2003, 06:03 PM
yeah I agree.. I bought this movie "cut throat" the other day and i had to sit there and laugh at it and the bad acting to actually get through it.. and afterwards I thought to myself.. man I paid 5 bucks for this... LOL :D

crazy raplh
09-28-2005, 04:50 PM
i loved this movie

jedicow
10-01-2005, 12:36 PM
i remember this movie. if i recall correctly, the little boy also played tom sawyer on a disney channel version of the book.

i will have to get this on DVD.

FishKeeper
10-02-2005, 10:59 PM
I liked it. I bought it on a dvd that also has Hellgate on it. Both of those movies were no classics, but I still enjoyed them. Hellgate was pretty funny too.