PDA

View Full Version : Geneva County - Scene One

ShamSham04
10-18-2003, 01:43 PM
Scene One – “Bodies in the Woods”

INT. A BLACK SCREEN. The first few credits fade in and out. Then FADE from a black screen to...

EXT. A LONG, DESERTED ROAD – NIGHT. Alongside the road are some meadows and cotton fields. Behind the cotton fields are some woods. Everything is silent and still. Suddenly, a set of headlights appear at the end of the road. The faint noise of tires rolling on the road can be heard, and the closer the vehicle gets, the louder the noise. The vehicle suddenly turns to the right between the cotton field and the woods. A trail of dust can be seen in the area of where the vehicle turned.

SLOWLY ZOOM IN on the vehicle.

CUT TO: FRONT VIEW OF THE DIRT ROAD. The vehicle, which now appears to be a truck, comes closer. Suddenly, the vehicle stops dead in its tracks, and the headlights shut off.

CUT TO: CLOSE-UP OF DRIVER’S SIDE DOOR. The door swings open, revealing a man’s legs. The man wore boots, and had long, dirty jeans on. The man steps out, and the white door shuts. We PAN OVER to the right, past the tire, and then we stop at the back tailgate. The tailgate drops, and the man reaches his arms inside the back. Suddenly, a noise. A girl mumbling.

CUT TO: VIEW OF THE BACK OF THE TRUCK. The man’s hand grabs a hold of white sheet stretched out across something. The sheet slides off of the object, revealing...

A YOUNG FEMALE. Her hands and ankles bound in rope, this young girl has gashes among gashes across her face and legs. The girl wore a tight, ripped, white shirt, drenched in blood and pants that were completely covered in mud. Mixed in with the mud was her own blood. She was missing a shoe, so her sock was so dirty it was near impossible to tell the original color of that sock on her foot. The girl had brown hair with a few streaks of blood in it. On the girl’s forehead was a cut that stretched from the beginning of one eyebrow to the beginning of the other. Her mouth was duck taped shut. Blood dribbled down the bottom of the duck tape past her chin and down her neck.

The man grabs a hold of the girl’s right leg and pulls her toward him. The girl shakes back and forth, struggling to get away from this retched man. The man continues pulling. He tucks his arms underneath her and pulls her up; carrying her as she fidgets around with all the energy she has left. The man, with the girl in his arms, walks off into the woods to his left. The woods were dark and silent, and the twigs and leaves could be heard snapping and crunching as he walked deeper into the woods.

CUT TO: FRONT VIEW OF THE MAN WALKING INTO THE WOODS. Slowly ZOOM IN on the man while moving backwards. The man keeps walking and suddenly stops. He looks down at the girl in his arms for the last time and drops her hard on the ground, exiting the shot. The girl screams as she hits. Still on the man, he turns around and walks back to his truck, while the girl’s cries can be heard.

CUT TO: VIEW OF THE WOODS. The man emerges out of them, walking to the back of his truck. PAN OVER to the truck as the man reaches for a toolbox in the back. He pulls it forward and snaps open the lid. He puts his hand inside. He removes his hand from the box, but in his hand is a large hammer. He shuts the box with his other hand and walks off.

CUT BACK TO: INSIDE VIEW OF THE WOODS. The man enters the woods with the hammer gripped firmly in his right hand. He walks up quickly. On the ground, you can hear the girl squirming to get away since she is still tied up. Finally, the man reaches the girl. There is no expression on his hardly visible face, since the light is minimal in the dark woods. The man bends down a little. He swings the hammer from left to right with his thumb and index fingers gripped tightly on the wooden handle. Suddenly, he tosses the hammer up, snatches it with that same hand, and swings it down with extreme force. The girl’s cries grow louder, and suddenly, the hammer rises again. Without any hesitation, he swings it down, finally ending the cries of the wounded girl. The man gets up to his feet and just stares at the girl. It is extremely quiet. The man turns around with the hammer gripped tightly in his hand. When he almost reaches the edge of the trees, he stops, and swings around swiftly. The man jogs up to the girl and swings it down, raising it back up milliseconds later, and swinging it back down once more.

CUT TO: SIDE ANGLE OF THE TRUCK. The man enters the shot, opening the driver’s side door. He tosses the hammer inside, and then hops in. The man starts up the car and backs it up.

PAN OVER TO THE WOODS. Slowly ZOOM IN on the woods, and FADE TO

INSIDE VIEW OF THE WOODS. PAN DOWN to the motionless girl. Her eyes are wide open, and her forehead is gushing out blood from the strikes of the hammer. ZOOM OUT, revealing...

ANOTHER BODY. This body’s head is wrapped in a white sheet, with blood where the mouth should be. The body’s hands and ankles are tied together behind them. ZOOM OUT, revealing...

YET ANOTHER BODY. This body is even in more critical condition than the other two. Their neck is slit deep, with dry blood surrounding it. The head has been beaten badly with a blunt object, and one of their hands has been completely severed. The ankles of this body are tied together. ZOOM OUT, revealing...

TWO MORE BODIES LYING NEXT TO EACH OTHER. These two particular bodies are in the same condition as the first two. Quickly ZOOM OUT even more, revealing...

MORE BODIES. FADE TO A BLACK SCREEN. The title fades into view.

-----------------------------

Hey everyone.

As said in another topic, I'm currently writing a script for a low-budget horror movie I plan on filming sometime in my life. lol. Anyway, I thought I would post the first scene so everyone could get a feel of what I'm writing about. One thing though: This is NOT proper script writing. I'm writing this like this because I want to know how to set up my camera angles and such for when I do film it.

Enjoy. Replies would be great. :)

pbenvin
10-18-2003, 02:51 PM
I dug it, although I have to admit, I never was good at reading scripts. I don't know the meanings of all the abbreviations.

ShamSham04
10-18-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by pbenvin
I dug it, although I have to admit, I never was good at reading scripts. I don't know the meanings of all the abbreviations.

Thanks! :D

Well, for the simple part, INT means interior and EXT means exterior. Hope this helps yah out for when you read scripts later on in the future.

JoeNocto
10-18-2003, 04:42 PM
Yo ShamSham. I was wondering if you would post the script. Couldnt find it on Upcominghorrormovies.com. Nicely done...

By the way, this is Nocto

ShamSham04
10-18-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by JoeNocto
Yo ShamSham. I was wondering if you would post the script. Couldnt find it on Upcominghorrormovies.com. Nicely done...

By the way, this is Nocto

Nocto!!! What up dude!!:D

Thanks for the reply. I don't understand why my script isn't at www.upcominghorrormovies.com. It should be there under Fan Fiction. Oh wells.

Anyway, thanks again. :)

Vampyra
10-22-2003, 10:55 AM
I liked it..well done..best luck to ya....

ShamSham04
10-25-2003, 09:14 AM
Thank you! :D

Solidus
07-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Well I hope you read this and im not posting to late but I just read your scene 1 and it is AMAZING! :) You seem to be very talented with your writing!! There is very few stories/screen plays that someone can say is so amazing, but your story deserves 2 thumbs up, and I havent even read the other scenes!:D

bwind22
07-13-2004, 11:59 PM
Very, verrry nice. I'm genuinely intrigued and want to know what happens next. (Good thing you already posted scene 2, which I am about to go read!)

Anyways, very nice work! Best of luck getting it produced! Make a post on here once you have copies to sell and I'll probably pick one up (assuming they are somewhat reasonably priced.)