PDA

View Full Version : horror movieswith no sequels but should have one but there isnt cause they never made

wufongtan
06-20-2004, 05:06 AM
How come there wasn't a sequel to sleepwalkers? I know it wasn't the best horror movie, and some may say it sucked big time. But i thought it was ok even worthy of a sequel. but there wasn't one. Which sucks cause there have been sequels of movies where i think they shouldn't even have bothered with the original one. Maybe i don't even think that sleepwalkers even deserves a sequel i was just wondering why there wasn't one, and that movie isn't the only one that deserves a sequel, I know there are others that i think are more deserveing of a sequel than the ones being made today. I dunno. It's 11pm I'm going to bed. i hate mondays they suck.

bloodrayne
06-20-2004, 05:33 AM
Not REALLY "Horror" per se...BUT, I would have LOVED another Beetlejuice:)

movieman64
06-20-2004, 06:50 AM
The Shining

ShankS
06-20-2004, 10:43 AM
I think there should be a sequal to Friday13th yeah?

jay o2 waster
06-20-2004, 10:52 AM
Bad Taste

Peter is so loaded now, i can only imagine what type of specticle these sequels could be

kpropain
06-20-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Not REALLY "Horror" per se...BUT, I would have LOVED another Beetlejuice:)

I would like to see that myself...

Also
Dead Alive
My Bloody Valentine
Killer Klowns From Outer Space

zwoti
06-20-2004, 11:02 AM
john carpenter's the thing, done by john carpenter

ShankS
06-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by zwoti
john carpenter's the thing, done by john carpenter

sadly, he's said a few times, he's got no intentions for making a sequal.

He reckons the original fanbase wouldnt be there anymore, so the film wouldnt do too well. imo I reckon it would, there is good potential for a sequal.

zwoti
06-20-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by ShankS
sadly, he's said a few times, he's got no intentions for making a sequal.

He reckons the original fanbase wouldnt be there anymore, so the film wouldnt do too well. imo I reckon it would, there is good potential for a sequal.

he has now said that we wants to do a sequel and he has wrote it, unfortunately there are plans afoot for a sequel and the studio don't want him involved.

ShankS
06-20-2004, 11:17 AM
surely he'd own the rights to a sequal (may be wrong though) He's got the money, so he should make it himself, sod the studio.

zwoti
06-20-2004, 11:21 AM
surely he'd own the rights to a sequal (may be wrong though) He's got the money, so he should make it himself, sod the studio.

nope, after all his film was a remake. studio owns the rights and after the "success" (box office wise) of the recent spate of remakes they are seeing dollar signs

ShankS
06-20-2004, 11:25 AM
so the studio for the original one, was the same one that went on to hire him to produce the remake??

shame that the rights wernt sold onto him to produce the remake, that'd stop this, and he'd be free to do as he felt best, with a sequal to the sequal.

zwoti
06-20-2004, 11:34 AM
so the studio for the original one, was the same one that went on to hire him to produce the remake??

shame that the rights wernt sold onto him to produce the remake, that'd stop this, and he'd be free to do as he felt best, with a sequal to the sequal.

either that or the studio bought the rights for the remake.

they can't use his characters (without permission) but as they are planning to introduce teenagers (maybe they went out skiing and met the alien) there seems no chance of childs or macready returning.

ShankS
06-20-2004, 11:43 AM
yeah, sounds like another film would go down the same road as most sequals.

imo there's no point in another one without Childs and Mcready

jay o2 waster
06-20-2004, 11:53 AM
How about a House of the dead sequel, hahahahaha

kpropain
06-20-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by jay o2 waster
How about a House of the dead sequel, hahahahaha

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..............

Hate_Breeder
06-20-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by kpropain
Killer Klowns From Outer Space

YES! Another Killer Klowns would tickle my fancy lol

Freddy Krueger.
06-21-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Not REALLY "Horror" per se...BUT, I would have LOVED another Beetlejuice:) Agreed. Beetlejuice rocks. Also 'Killer Klowns from Outer Space'.

Hate_Breeder
06-21-2004, 12:54 AM
i would only watch BeetleJuice 2 if they got Winona Ryder and Michael Keaton back....

bloodrayne
06-21-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
i would only watch BeetleJuice 2 if they got Winona Ryder and Michael Keaton back.... WHOA...I never even stopped to consider that Michael Keaton might NOT be in it...I wouldn't want in that case...There IS no Beetlejuice, without Michael Keaton...Screw that

Vampenguin
06-21-2004, 07:05 AM
I think House on Haunted Hill needs a sequel. People wonder what happened to those 5 people who died......Sarah and Eddie, now a happily marrie couple, make up excuses to please the public, but some inquisitive minds dont believe. So they got to the house, along with a reluctant Sarah and Eddie, to solve the mysetery. Sarah and Eddie get picked off quicky, as they are the only remaining decendants of the 5 that escaped the original fire. The rest would trigger the lockdown (accidentally), and slowly get killed.....oe by one, until the last one standing (A guy, just for a change) finds a way to rid the house of evil for good. Sounds good to me

kpropain
06-21-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
YES! Another Killer Klowns would tickle my fancy lol

I went back and watched some of the bonus stuff on Killer Klowns and the Chiodo brothers are talking about doing another Killer Klowns movie, they didn't have any details or say when but said they were interested in making another one.