PDA

View Full Version : Scary Nuns in Horror Films

quamis
09-02-2018, 02:42 AM
Ghost nuns, demon nuns, killer nuns, wolf nuns, zombie nuns, alien nuns... horror cinema has its own infernal convent, enjoy this guided tour.

IejtH9JWGG8

LuvablePsycho
09-04-2018, 12:10 PM
Movies I can think of with creepy and/or evil nuns:

Howling IV: The Original Nightmare
The Other Hell (I've never seen it but I know it's about nuns)
original Dawn of the Dead (one of the zombies was a nun)
Sister Act (Whoopi Goldberg gives me nightmares ::EEK!::)

fudgetusk
09-07-2018, 07:29 AM
If you've never seen that episode of ARMCHAIR THRILLER..............you don't know scary nuns.

Sculpt
09-15-2018, 06:01 PM
Blues Brothers?

ImmortalSlasher
09-19-2018, 07:31 PM
I saw The Nun from 2005 but can't remember it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nun_(2005_film)

quamis
09-22-2018, 09:06 AM
The Other Hell The is on the frontier of sexual nunsploitation and horror film, it has a good ghost nun and a bad sadistic killer nun

Morningriser
09-22-2018, 09:46 AM
the first ever appearance of Amanda Krueger in a Nightmare on Elm Street part 3 was very unsettling and then in part 5 when she was found behind the Brick wall was creepy as hell.

LuvablePsycho
09-22-2018, 10:57 AM
the first ever appearance of Amanda Krueger in a Nightmare on Elm Street part 3 was very unsettling and then in part 5 when she was found behind the Brick wall was creepy as hell.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Freddy Krueger's nun mother in Nightmare on Elm Street.

Sculpt
09-22-2018, 12:41 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Freddy Krueger's nun mother in Nightmare on Elm Street.
i forgot about that too.

Was it NMOES 3 that introduced that story? And getting raped in the asylum?

LuvablePsycho
09-22-2018, 01:03 PM
i forgot about that too.

Was it NMOES 3 that introduced that story? And getting raped in the asylum?

I think so, and it was revealed in the end that she was really a ghost trying to stop her evil son. She appeared in other sequels too after that.

LuvablePsycho
09-22-2018, 01:13 PM
I know nobody here has probably heard of this game but there's a PS2 game called Siren and a PS3 game called Siren Blood Curse which both have evil nun characters.

In Siren it was Hisako Yao and SBC it was Amana, they were both the leaders of a cult village in Japan called Hanuda and they had gained eternal life by consuming the entrails of an alien-like God and brought a curse onto the village. They were both inspired by the mythology of Yaobikuni, a woman in Japanese folklore who became immortal after eating the flesh of a mermaid.

quamis
11-03-2018, 05:51 AM
I know nobody here has probably heard of this game but there's a PS2 game called Siren and a PS3 game called Siren Blood Curse which both have evil nun characters.

In Siren it was Hisako Yao and SBC it was Amana, they were both the leaders of a cult village in Japan called Hanuda and they had gained eternal life by consuming the entrails of an alien-like God and brought a curse onto the village. They were both inspired by the mythology of Yaobikuni, a woman in Japanese folklore who became immortal after eating the flesh of a mermaid.

Siren Games are absolute awesome!

LuvablePsycho
11-03-2018, 07:07 AM
Siren Games are absolute awesome!

Yes they are! ::devil::

Morningriser
11-03-2018, 07:35 AM
Yet again I'm late to the party. I get sidetracked and forget the check threads I have posted in. It was a nightmare on Elm Street 3 when they first introduced Amanda as she was at the graveyard during the funeral for one of the kids who died and the hero, I forgot his name, was the one who met her and talk to her. Everything about what happened in the Asylum never came out until part 5. They barely even elaborated on her character in part 3 and didn't go into her back story at all until part 5.