PDA

View Full Version : True Or False

anglewitch
04-12-2017, 08:45 PM
A true or false thread. Why not? θ)

True or false
Chuck Norris has only one line in Return of The Dragon.

Sculpt
04-13-2017, 03:23 PM
true

anglewitch
04-13-2017, 07:44 PM
true
Correct! Your turn.

Sculpt
04-13-2017, 07:47 PM
True or false
The mods will probably say they'd prefer a thread like this in the Pastime forum.

anglewitch
04-13-2017, 07:51 PM
True or false
The mods will probably say they'd prefer a thread like this in the Pastime forum.
False

MichaelMyers
07-19-2017, 04:36 PM
True or False

Loki is the god of lies

Roiffalo
07-19-2017, 09:16 PM
False. He is the god of fangirls.

http://orig04.deviantart.net/d7b9/f/2012/242/e/0/army_of_fangirls_by_geothebio-d5cyfvc.png

Repo'd
07-20-2017, 01:09 PM
Julie Newmar was the best Cat Woman

Dice Rollen
07-20-2017, 04:06 PM
True (Though Eartha Kitt is another lovely choice)

True or false, modern vampires can see their reflections in mirrors.

The Shroud
12-22-2017, 11:05 AM
True, most of the time anymore.

True or false:

The Bloodstone drips the blood of bats.

Sculpt
12-22-2017, 04:39 PM
True, most of the time anymore.

True or false:

The Bloodstone drips the blood of bats.

False, bats have no blood, they only drink it.

True or false:

Cats have no thumbs.

hammerfan
12-23-2017, 01:20 AM
True or false:

Cats have no thumbs.

Some cats do. They're called polydactyl. All of the cats at Ernest Hemingway's house in Key West, Florida are polydactyls.

True or false:

Christopher Lee was a spy during World War II

Sculpt
12-23-2017, 11:47 AM
Some cats do. They're called polydactyl. All of the cats at Ernest Hemingway's house in Key West, Florida are polydactyls.

True or false:

Christopher Lee was a spy during World War II

False, Lee served in many capacities during WWII, primarily an intelligence officer for Royal Air Force operations in North Africa, Sicily and Italy. For a few months at the conclusion of the war, Lee, who was fluent in French and German, was tasked with hunting down Nazi war criminals.

True or false:

Peter Cushing never served in the military.

Morningriser
03-30-2018, 12:07 PM
False, he lived out WW1 with his family but didn't participate or was affected by it.

True or false, the blood gushing effect during Johnny Depp's death scene in A Nightmare on Elm Street was done by spraying fake blood through a fire hose placed on the floor under the bed.

Sculpt
04-01-2018, 11:21 AM
False, he lived out WW1 with his family but didn't participate or was affected by it.

True or false, the blood gushing effect during Johnny Depp's death scene in A Nightmare on Elm Street was done by spraying fake blood through a fire hose placed on the floor under the bed.
False! It was not fake blood, it was his private emergency supply.

True or false --
For the film The Elephant Man, John Hurt agreed to have his face surgically altered to play the role.

LuvablePsycho
04-27-2018, 10:55 AM
False! It was not fake blood, it was his private emergency supply.

True or false --
For the film The Elephant Man, John Hurt agreed to have his face surgically altered to play the role.

False. It was all done by make-up (at least that's what I read on Google I've never even seen the movie)

True or False --

In the story of the first two humans Adam and Eve, Eve was the first and only wife of Adam.

Sculpt
04-27-2018, 08:18 PM
True or False --

In the story of the first two humans Adam and Eve, Eve was the first and only wife of Adam.
Unless you count, football, True -- Eve was Adam's first and only wife... unless you want to say they weren't married, but under Common Law rules, they were married.

True or False:

Moses never entered the Promised Land.

LuvablePsycho
04-28-2018, 04:43 AM
Unless you count, football, True -- Eve was Adam's first and only wife... unless you want to say they weren't married, but under Common Law rules, they were married.

True or False:

Moses never entered the Promised Land.

Sorry but I gotta explain this lol. Most people think that Eve was Adam's only wife but in some stories dating back to the dark ages Adam's first wife was a woman named Lilith. Basically she ran away from the Garden of Eden and became a demon and after that is when God supposedly created Eve to be Adam's second wife. ::devil::

Here's a link to a page about her: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith

And True!

True or False: George Romero's horror classic Night of the Living Dead was inspired by Herk Harvey's Carnival of Souls.

Morningriser
04-28-2018, 09:22 AM
True or False: George Romero's horror classic Night of the Living Dead was inspired by Herk Harvey's Carnival of Souls.

False, he was inspired by the novel I Am Legend.

True or false , while filming The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Gunnar Hansen couldn't stand the actor playing Franklin and was very happy once his death scene was filmed and he was off the set.

The Villain
05-01-2018, 06:03 AM
To avoid any confrontation, please leave religious subjects out of a True or False conversation.

LuvablePsycho
05-01-2018, 06:26 AM
To avoid any confrontation, please leave religious subjects out of a True or False conversation.

I just thought it would be interesting to bring up since it had to do with demons which are kind of scary. ::devil::::danger:: But I completely understand, for now on I won't discuss anything that has to do with religion. ::smile::

The Villain
05-01-2018, 06:30 AM
I just thought it would be interesting to bring up since it had to do with demons which are kind of scary. ::devil::::danger:: But I completely understand, for now on I won't discuss anything that has to do with religion. ::smile::

I have no problem with anyone discussing religion in the proper thread, but having it in a True or False thread can lead to arguments over people with differing views arguing over what's true or not especially when it's all personal opinion and belief and not fact.

I'm sure there's not a whole lot of Christians in a horror forum but I'd rather avoid the kind of argument it would lead to.

Sculpt
05-02-2018, 06:00 PM
I have no problem with anyone discussing religion in the proper thread, but having it in a True or False thread can lead to arguments over people with differing views arguing over what's true or not especially when it's all personal opinion and belief and not fact.

I'm sure there's not a whole lot of Christians in a horror forum but I'd rather avoid the kind of argument it would lead to.

There's not a whole lot of anyone in the horror forum these days... but you'd probably be surprised what percent are christians. Some christians like to hear about jewish folklore like Wendy, er what was her name? oh Lillith. The arguing isn't really a christian thing, but yes, I agree with you, not the best True or False material.

False, he was inspired by the novel I Am Legend.

True or false , while filming The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Gunnar Hansen couldn't stand the actor playing Franklin and was very happy once his death scene was filmed and he was off the set.
True --Paul A. Partain, playing Franklin, though in a chair, gave Gunnar Hansen a really hard time, calling him a fat slut and a moron. On one occasion Paul punched Gunnar's mouth off.

True or False

The Creature of the Black Lagoon plot was loosely based on the Jethro Tull song Aqualung.

LuvablePsycho
05-02-2018, 06:22 PM
There's not a whole lot of anyone in the horror forum these days...

Sorry for getting off topic again but I noticed that just about every forum I visit these days is dead. What is up with that? ::confused::

DeadbeatAtDawn
05-02-2018, 06:51 PM
Sorry for getting off topic again but I noticed that just about every forum I visit these days is dead. What is up with that? ::confused::

Social Media...

FaceBook, Twitter. Instagram.

Everyone wants convenience, fast and are on phones. ::roll eyes::

I myself love the message board atmosphere. Its more personal. You can take a great film and showcase it in a thread. Start conversations, share your knowledge of cinema with others. Like minds come together..::love::

I'm on 3 forums and own one myself. I'll always log on as long as they are here. I am confident...everything old becomes new again. ::love::

LuvablePsycho
05-03-2018, 05:00 AM
Social Media...

FaceBook, Twitter. Instagram.

Everyone wants convenience, fast and are on phones. ::roll eyes::

I myself love the message board atmosphere. Its more personal. You can take a great film and showcase it in a thread. Start conversations, share your knowledge of cinema with others. Like minds come together..::love::

I'm on 3 forums and own one myself. I'll always log on as long as they are here. I am confident...everything old becomes new again. ::love::

Yeah I know what you mean. I don't really like FaceBook or Twitter either and I only use Facebook for staying in touch with family. Also don't even get me started on YouTube!

*feels a song coming on*

Everybody in the USA
Hates that stupid website
It's YouTube and it's really really lame!
YouTube tried to block my song
Their views on copyright are wrong
I hate their guts, and YouTube is their name!
Y-O-U-T-U-B-E They're the ones who make me angry
I'd like to see their site go down in flames!

Morningriser
05-03-2018, 06:47 AM
Take this to the random thoughts thread guys, we are trying to play a game here...

True or False

The Creature of the Black Lagoon plot was loosely based on the Jethro Tull song Aqualung.

False, CFTBL was released in 54 and Aqualung in 71 so unless the writer had a time machine it couldn't be possible .

True or false, In House of 1,000 Corpses, Bill Moseley played 3seperate roles.

LuvablePsycho
05-03-2018, 07:26 AM
Take this to the random thoughts thread guys, we are trying to play a game here...

False, CFTBL was released in 54 and Aqualung in 71 so unless the writer had a time machine it couldn't be possible .

True or false, In House of 1,000 Corpses, Bill Moseley played 3seperate roles.

False (at least I think it's false, I never saw the movie and tried looking this up on Google but found nothing)

True or False: While working on Day of the Dead, Tom Savini was accidentally injured and taken to the hospital when one of the crew members sprayed him with a fire extinguisher trying to play a practical joke.

Sculpt
05-05-2018, 01:04 PM
True or False: While working on Day of the Dead, Tom Savini was accidentally injured and taken to the hospital when one of the crew members sprayed him with a fire extinguisher trying to play a practical joke.

False -- He never made it to the hospital

True or False:

In Night of the Living Dead some of the actors playing zombies bit into real uncooked pig intestines.

LuvablePsycho
05-10-2018, 04:19 AM
False -- He never made it to the hospital

True or False:

In Night of the Living Dead some of the actors playing zombies bit into real uncooked pig intestines.

True (I think? I know that was true in Day of the Dead)

True or False

Linda Blair agreed to return as Regan for Exorcist 2 on the condition that she didn't have to be covered in make-up again.

Sculpt
05-13-2018, 02:52 PM
True (I think? I know that was true in Day of the Dead)

True or False

Linda Blair agreed to return as Regan for Exorcist 2 on the condition that she didn't have to be covered in make-up again.
That is true. She was boy crazy and didn't want to be typecasted in that face.

True or False:

The original title for "Creature From the Black Lagoon" was "The Fishman Desires".

Morningriser
06-23-2018, 02:16 PM
False?

True or false, David Lynch's first choice for the role of Sandy in Blue Velvet was Molly Ringwald, but being underage her mother wouldn't let her do it.

Sculpt
06-23-2018, 03:41 PM
False?

True or false, David Lynch's first choice for the role of Sandy in Blue Velvet was Molly Ringwald, but being underage her mother wouldn't let her do it.
True?

Morningriser
06-24-2018, 03:34 PM
True?

yep

Sculpt
06-24-2018, 06:44 PM
True or False --

in 2010 director James Wan (Saw, Dead Silence, Insidious, The Conjuring) said he would no longer make horror films.

Morningriser
06-26-2018, 09:43 AM
True or False --

in 2010 director James Wan (Saw, Dead Silence, Insidious, The Conjuring) said he would no longer make horror films.

::big grin:: ::big grin:: ::big grin:: false

True or false, Debra Hill has played Michael Myers on film.

Sculpt
06-26-2018, 05:27 PM

No! It is true that in 2011 James Wan told Moviefone he would not make anymore horror films. He changed his mind.

False, Debra Hill did not play Myers?

Morningriser
06-26-2018, 06:17 PM
True or False --

No! It is true that in 2011 James Wan told Moviefone he would not make anymore horror films. He changed his mind.

False, Debra Hill did not play Myers?

True, it was her hands you see as young Michael and later on there's a scene where she was dressed as him and seen out a window. You can notice he is shorter.

True or false, actress Ellen Page (Juno, Inception, Hard Candy) made her acting debut on the Canadian television show, Degrassi: The Next Generation.

The Villain
06-28-2018, 03:03 PM
False? I used to watch that all the time and i dont remember seeing her on it

Morningriser
06-29-2018, 06:14 AM
False? I used to watch that all the time and i dont remember seeing her on it

Correct. She got her start on Trailer Park Boys.

LuvablePsycho
06-29-2018, 07:29 AM
True or False: The corpse of Cousin Satchel in Tom Savini's remake of Night of the Living Dead was played by an amputee.

Sculpt
06-29-2018, 04:43 PM
True or False: The corpse of Cousin Satchel in Tom Savini's remake of Night of the Living Dead was played by an amputee.
True and False!

When the actor agreed to do the part, he was not an amputee... ::roll eyes::

But, for the part... the actor was willing to cut off parts to make the part.

Otay, True or False...

In the movie Poltergeist, the partents only simulated smoking pot during the pot scene.

Morningriser
06-30-2018, 06:59 AM
True and False!

When the actor agreed to do the part, he was not an amputee... ::roll eyes::

But, for the part... the actor was willing to cut off parts to make the part.

Otay, True or False...

In the movie Poltergeist, the partents only simulated smoking pot during the pot scene.

False? It appeared real to me.

True or false, Rob Zombie used to work on Pee Wee's Playhouse.

LuvablePsycho
06-30-2018, 10:55 AM
False? It appeared real to me.

True or false, Rob Zombie used to work on Pee Wee's Playhouse.

It was real. He was an actual amputee. I learned that from watching the behind the scenes commentary on the DVD. ::smile::

Morningriser
06-30-2018, 11:10 AM
It was real. He was an actual amputee. I learned that from watching the behind the scenes commentary on the DVD. ::smile::

you skipped one

LuvablePsycho
06-30-2018, 02:41 PM
you skipped one

Err... false?

Morningriser
06-30-2018, 03:51 PM
Err... false?

True, he was originally a special effects guy and music was his second gig.

LuvablePsycho
06-30-2018, 04:25 PM
True, he was originally a special effects guy and music was his second gig.

Ah.

True or False: They used ketchup for the pigs blood in Carrie (original version)

Sculpt
06-30-2018, 05:12 PM
Ah.

True or False: They used ketchup for the pigs blood in Carrie (original version)
False! It was old fashion karos syrup and food coloring. Though Sissy Spacek volunteered to the use of real pigs blood.

True or Falso

For the long shots under water, the Creature of the Black Lagoon's suit included a small breathing apparatus, consisting of a small air tank and rubber tube to the actor's mouth.

Morningriser
07-15-2018, 02:16 PM
True?

True or false, Lucky Mcgee appears twice in May.

LuvablePsycho
07-18-2018, 12:05 PM
True?

True or false, Lucky Mcgee appears twice in May.

Err... true? Hell I dunno. ::confused::

Morningriser
07-18-2018, 06:01 PM
correct, he was the guy in the elevator seen in two separate scenes making out with his wife.

LuvablePsycho
07-18-2018, 06:40 PM
correct, he was the guy in the elevator seen in two separate scenes making out with his wife.

Oh ok ::smile::

True or False: Shelley Duvall who played Wendy in "The Shining" also did a lot of movies aimed at children.

Morningriser
07-19-2018, 12:25 PM
True! my favorite being Popeye

True or false, the original title of Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers was Halloween 6: The Origin of Michael Myers.

LuvablePsycho
07-19-2018, 12:37 PM
True! my favorite being Popeye

True or false, the original title of Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers was Halloween 6: The Origin of Michael Myers.

False! It was originally titled Halloween 666 and the writer of the script added the subtitle "The Curse of Michael Myers" as an inside joke and the producers went with it.

Next one up for grabs

Sculpt
07-19-2018, 03:16 PM
True or False:

In John Carpenter's original script for Christine, the car was a Volkswagen Beatle, meant to an evil take on Herbie the Lovebug.

Morningriser
07-19-2018, 04:09 PM
True or False:

In John Carpenter's original script for Christine, the car was a Volkswagen Beatle, meant to an evil take on Herbie the Lovebug.

::big grin:: I love coming here when I am high. As far as I know the car was always supposed to be a 58 Plymoth Fury, so false?

True or false, Rob Zombie has a cameo in House of 1,000 Corpses.

Sculpt
07-21-2018, 04:13 PM
::big grin:: I love coming here when I am high. As far as I know the car was always supposed to be a 58 Plymoth Fury, so false?

True or false, Rob Zombie has a cameo in House of 1,000 Corpses.
Yeah, I was just making up the Herbie story.

I'm going to guess yes, Rob makes a cameo?

Morningriser
08-29-2018, 08:17 PM
and the delayed response of the decade goes to... But yeah, sorry, I forgot about this thread. Yes, at the beginning of House of a Thousand Corpses when it shows two guys with sledgehammers pulverizing pumpkins At the beginning of doctor Wolfenstein Creature Feature show, he is one of those guys although for the longest time I thought it was that creepy old zombie man at the end when Chris Hardwick and his girlfriend. Were down there with dr. Satan. Anyway, your turn hahaha

Sculpt
09-16-2018, 04:13 PM
True or False:

At the end of Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman, the Wolfman defeats the F'stein Monster.

Morningriser
10-24-2018, 03:14 PM
Probably false lol

Christopher Lee was John Carpenter's first choice to play Dr. Loomis in Halloween, true or false?

Sculpt
10-24-2018, 05:17 PM
Probably false lol

Christopher Lee was John Carpenter's first choice to play Dr. Loomis in Halloween, true or false?
you're correct, it's false, neither Wolfman and F'monster get the upperhand.

On Christopher Lee, I'll go true.

Morningriser
10-24-2018, 06:01 PM
Yes, you are correct. He originally approached Christopher Lee but he turned the role down.

LuvablePsycho
10-24-2018, 06:17 PM
Is it my turn? ::stick out tongue::

Nosferatu was a reimagined movie based on the novel Dracula by Bram Stoker and a favorite of Bram Stoker's widow.

Morningriser
10-24-2018, 06:50 PM
True, but it is Sculpt's turn since he answered the last one correctly.

LuvablePsycho
10-24-2018, 07:13 PM
Oh, I don't get these games. ::sad::

Oh and what I said was false. lol

Morningriser
10-24-2018, 07:57 PM
No it's not. The movie actually was inspired by Dracula. It's weird you would ask that question but not know that.

LuvablePsycho
10-24-2018, 08:01 PM
No it's not. The movie actually was inspired by Dracula. It's weird you would ask that question but not know that.

But it was not a favorite of Bram Stoker's widow. She sued the pants off the people who made the film without permission from Bram Stoker's family. ::wink::

Morningriser
10-24-2018, 08:46 PM
Then you just answered your own question.

LuvablePsycho
10-25-2018, 01:44 AM
Then you just answered your own question.

Oh, but I had to explain why you were wrong because it was a trick question.

Morningriser
10-25-2018, 05:29 AM
You are completely contradicting yourself. Statement was, Nosferatu was a reimagine nation of the story of Dracula. I said true and you said it was wrong and while explaining such you said that Bram Stoker's wife did not like the movie. If it wasn't a real imagination of Dracula why would she pair? The story itself is very similar to the story of Dracula and I have seen several documentaries stating that the movie was based off of Dracula. I don't exactly follow what you are getting at here.

LuvablePsycho
10-25-2018, 07:49 AM
She did not like the movie because she sued the people who made it illegally without permission from Bram Stoker's family.

I was just trying to make a trick question and I guess I failed. I'm sorry.

Morningriser
10-25-2018, 09:28 AM
You don't have to apologize man, I just thought maybe you asked the question thinking that the movie wasn't inspired by Dracula when it was. That's not exactly what I would call a trick question but very enough. The way this game works is just like the movie quote game, whoever guesses correctly gets to go next. it is Sculpt's turn in this game and in the quote game.

Sculpt
10-25-2018, 12:44 PM
She did not like the movie because she sued the people who made it illegally without permission from Bram Stoker's family.

I was just trying to make a trick question and I guess I failed. I'm sorry.
I see what you did there. Half your question was true and half was false, and if any part is false, then the answer is false. Parts of the question will always be true even if the main question is false. But for this thread, you probably don't want to be that tricky -- half true or half false, because if someone answered false, you could say: no, it's true, Nosferatu was based on the book. Want to stick with one option.

Go ahead and give us a new true or false, Luv.

LuvablePsycho
10-25-2018, 01:05 PM
Let me think...

The actress who played Carrie's gym teacher Ms. Collins was only a couple years older than Sissy Spacek. True or False?

Morningriser
10-25-2018, 01:11 PM
I'd say true, she did look quite young.

LuvablePsycho
10-25-2018, 01:20 PM
I'd say true, she did look quite young.

Correct! :) They actually put make-up and clothes on her to make her look older.

Is it your turn?

Morningriser
10-25-2018, 03:20 PM
Yes, it is my turn. I never knew exactly how old the actress was but I just took her as a younger teacher. I actually had a high school biology teacher once who was only 22 years old. She was kind of cute also. Anyway...

True or false, in Interview with the Vampire, Armond, played by Antonio Banderas, received much praise by critics on how accurate the character was portrayed compared to the character in the novels.

LuvablePsycho
10-25-2018, 04:01 PM
I actually thought she looked kind of 30ish. ::big grin::

And I'm guessing true? I never watched the movie. ::confused::

Morningriser
10-25-2018, 08:02 PM
False. If anything, he received ridicule because in the books, the character is portrayed as a very youthful male with long blonde curly hair. Antonio Banderas was in older male with long straight black hair. I will try again.

True or false, in The Shining, the hotel the movie was filmed at, also coincidentally had a hedge maze.

LuvablePsycho
10-26-2018, 01:28 AM
False?

Morningriser
10-26-2018, 04:53 AM
Correct, wild the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado, where the movie was filmed, what was the actual inspiration for the hotel, the grounds did not have a hedge Maze and the scenes were filmed elsewhere.

Sculpt
11-01-2018, 09:43 AM
I'm gonna take abandoned Luv's turn. ::wink::

True or False...

In the forth Godzilla film, Godzilla Vs The Thing (Mothra Vs Godzilla) (1964), the giant moth mother Mothra is killed by Godzilla.

LuvablePsycho
11-02-2018, 11:14 AM
Err... False?

I liked Mothra in The Rebirth of Mothra movies. A good giant insect who defended the earth with the help of two singing fairies. I think it was evil in the other movies though. ::big grin::

Morningriser
11-02-2018, 11:25 AM
Damn I didn't even see this one or else I could have answered it already. Godzilla did not kill her. She actually went on to be One of the most beloved monsters in the series after Godzilla.

LuvablePsycho
11-02-2018, 11:37 AM
Damn I didn't even see this one or else I could have answered it already. Godzilla did not kill her. She actually went on to be One of the most beloved monsters in the series after Godzilla.

That's good. :) You ever see The Rebirth of Mothra movies? Goood movies. ::cool::

Sorry for being off topic ::big grin::::embarrassment::

Sculpt
11-02-2018, 01:11 PM
No! You guys are both wrong! ::big grin::

Mother Mothra was killed by Godzilla. Seriously.

She came to defend her two eggs from Godzilla approaching them for a tasty omelette. She put up a good fight, but Godzilla roasted her with his radiation fire blast and she went down and died. But she was successful in defending her offspring, as Godzilla went off to do some other human damage.

The two moths hatch as tough little silk spewing larva tanks. So there're more moths.

You guys got to checkout Godzilla Vs the Thing (1964), it's beautifully colored, funny, has the best song in monster film history, a wild sci-fi fantasy film, and it's the best Godzilla film all time.

I'm going to give yous another True or False:

In the original 1933 King Kong classic, you never see King Kong crashing through the giant logged fence built by the natives to keep Kong out.

LuvablePsycho
11-02-2018, 01:23 PM
I've never seen the movie so I will let somebody else answer. ::smile::

Morningriser
11-02-2018, 02:34 PM
Leave me alone Sculpt you asshole ::big grin:: I have been half asleep since 3 a.m. this morning and not to mention baked off my ass ever since as well has it been working functionally today.

Sculpt
11-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Leave me alone Sculpt you asshole ::big grin:: I have been half asleep since 3 a.m. this morning and not to mention baked off my ass ever since as well has it been working functionally today.

I was up to 3:30am last night myself. Don't tell me you haven't seen King Kong 1933 too? Well, actually, go ahead and tell me if that's the case. ::big grin::

Morningriser
11-03-2018, 06:30 AM
I have but that was like 20 fucking years ago or more haha. I'm starting to become an old fart now in a lot of these movies I haven't seen in decades or more haha.

Sculpt
11-03-2018, 03:56 PM
Since nobody's guessing around here but us three, I'll go ahead and reveal the answer...

In King Kong 1933 the film does show Kong break the center bar of the giants walled doors and enter into the village, wherein the villagers promptly defend it with spares. In King Kong 1976, Kong actually punches holes in the door and rips it to shreds.

True or False...

At the end of A Nightmare on Elm St the hero Nancy pulls Freddy out of the dream world and kills him with a knife.

LuvablePsycho
11-03-2018, 04:04 PM
I believe that's false? I think she killed him by taking his powers away saying "I'm not afraid" or "You don't exist" or something like that.

Of course as is the cliche in all slasher movies he was still alive in the very end and got her in a good dream she was having about her friends still being alive. But somehow she survived that encounter and lived on to reappear in the third movie where she got killed for good (because the survivors in slasher movies always get killed when they return for a sequel ::roll eyes::).

Sculpt
11-03-2018, 04:21 PM
I believe that's false? I think she killed him by taking his powers away saying "I'm not afraid" or "You don't exist" or something like that.

Of course as is the cliche in all slasher movies he was still alive in the very end and got her in a good dream she was having about her friends still being alive. But somehow she survived that encounter and lived on to reappear in the third movie where she got killed for good (because the survivors in slasher movies always get killed when they return for a sequel ::roll eyes::).

That's correct! Freddy is not killed by a knife. Nancy believes fear gives Freddy power, so she turns her back to Freddy, he lunges at her but disintegrates. She walks out the front door, her mom and is sill alive, but maybe this is still a dream...

LuvablePsycho
11-03-2018, 04:27 PM
That's correct! Freddy is not killed by a knife. Nancy believes fear gives Freddy power, so she turns her back to Freddy, he lunges at her but disintegrates. She walks out the front door, her mom and is sill alive, but maybe this is still a dream...

Yay I remembered right! :D

Ok true or false? In "The Others" when the two children were having a conversation with their new nanny about the bible and how they didn't believe everything written in the bible was true but that they did believe some of the stories, the old woman explained to them that she didn't believe anything written in the bible.

Sculpt
11-03-2018, 04:58 PM
Yay I remembered right! :D

Ok true or false? In "The Others" when the two children were having a conversation with their new nanny about the bible and how they didn't believe everything written in the bible was true but that they did believe some of the stories, the old woman explained to them that she didn't believe anything written in the bible.
I used to remember films better. I don't remember the conversation.

LuvablePsycho
11-03-2018, 05:01 PM
I'll give Morningriser a chance to answer and if he doesnt know either I'll give the answer away. ::smile::

Morningriser
11-04-2018, 06:49 AM
I have no clue man. All I remember is sleeping through most of that movie.

LuvablePsycho
11-04-2018, 06:56 AM
I have no clue man. All I remember is sleeping through most of that movie.

OK I'll answer my own question. ::big grin::

False. She didn't actually give an opinion on what she thought of the bible, but she was asking the two children what they thought about it. The daughter explained that their strict Catholic mother told them that all stories about ghosts were rubbish and not to believe them but then the daughter found it ironic how their mother expected them to believe everything written in the bible without question.

I really liked the movie. ::smile:: Anyways next T or F question is up for grabs. ::smile::

Morningriser
11-04-2018, 07:15 AM
We didn't get it correct so it's your turn again bro

LuvablePsycho
11-04-2018, 07:28 AM
Ok true or false.

Carmilla was a vampire novel written after Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Sculpt
11-04-2018, 07:35 AM
Carmilla sounds familiar, but I don't remember it being about vampires.

LuvablePsycho
11-04-2018, 07:53 AM
Carmilla sounds familiar, but I don't remember it being about vampires.

It is about vampires and it was written by Irish author Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu.

But was it written before or after Dracula? ::wink::

Morningriser
11-04-2018, 08:20 AM
True?

LuvablePsycho
11-04-2018, 08:32 AM
True?

False. Carmilla was published in 1872, Dracula was published in 1897.

::devil::

Sculpt
11-04-2018, 04:01 PM
False. Carmilla was published in 1872, Dracula was published in 1897.

::devil::
You'll just have to give us another T/F ::wink::

LuvablePsycho
11-04-2018, 04:17 PM
lol ok. ::big grin::

I need to think of movies you guys have seen that I know stuff about...

In Day of the Dead the actress Lori Cardille who played Sarah wanted to play a very tough female character but director George Romero insisted that she needed to be vulnerable because it was a horror movie and not an action movie. True or False?

Morningriser
11-05-2018, 05:37 AM
False?

LuvablePsycho
11-05-2018, 07:29 AM
False?

Nope true. In the making of featurette for the Day of the Dead Collector's Edition the actress explained when Romero casted her she told him that she wanted to be a very tough and hardcore female character but Romero told her it "wasn't that kind of movie".

I think they must have compromised on the character because Sarah did in fact come across as a strong woman who could handle a gun and didn't take shit from people but she also had several scenes that showed how she was hiding her fears and vulnerability behind a brave face (like the nightmares she was having) and then there was the scene where she broke down in tears after trying to save Miguel which almost resulted in the soldiers and John and Billy opening fire on each other.

Next true or false? :)

Sculpt
11-05-2018, 12:12 PM
Good question there. I was going to say true.

If you're putting it up for grabs, Ill go.

True or False:

In the Sixth Sense, there's a scene where Willis and the boy go to a household wake of a young girl. The mother of the dead girl was wearing a bright red dress for the occasion.

LuvablePsycho
11-05-2018, 12:58 PM
Good question there. I was going to say true.

If you're putting it up for grabs, Ill go.

True or False:

In the Sixth Sense, there's a scene where Willis and the boy go to a household wake of a young girl. The mother of the dead girl was wearing a bright red dress for the occasion.

The mother with Munchausen by proxy who was poisoning her own daughter? Yep it was red.

Sculpt
11-05-2018, 07:41 PM
That's right! You're up!

LuvablePsycho
11-05-2018, 10:08 PM
That's right! You're up!

I think the fact that she was wearing red at her own daughter's funeral while everyone else wore black showed how much she desperately craved attention.

Muchausen is a pretty twisted mental illness. If it wasn't "by proxy" she would have been poisoning herself instead of her daughter trying to get people to pity her and show her attention and would have most likely died herself.

Anyhoo, true or false? Tom Savini was unable to make the 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead as violent as he wanted due to the risk of the movie getting a NC17 rating?

Morningriser
11-05-2018, 10:54 PM
True?

LuvablePsycho
11-06-2018, 04:33 AM
Correct! You're up. ::smile::

Morningriser
11-06-2018, 06:51 AM
True or false: In The Lost Boys, the Frog Brothers comic shop was previously a used record store.

LuvablePsycho
11-06-2018, 07:00 AM
True or false: In The Lost Boys, the Frog Brothers comic shop was previously a used record store.

It's been forever since I watched it...

Err... true?

Morningriser
11-06-2018, 07:54 AM
False, it was a frozen yogurt stand.

True or false, in A Nightmare on Elm Street, they built Johnny Depp's bedroom set upside down to make the infamous blood flow scene flood the ceiling.

Sculpt
11-06-2018, 03:02 PM
True?

Morningriser
11-06-2018, 03:59 PM
Yep! You're up Sculpt.

Sculpt
11-06-2018, 07:48 PM
True or False?

In Evil Dead 2 Ash covers his severed possessed hand with a bucket and lays a big book on top titled, "Sleight of Hand".

Morningriser
11-07-2018, 03:20 PM
True?

Sculpt
11-07-2018, 10:11 PM
nope

Morningriser
11-08-2018, 09:26 AM
Well I know he put a bucket over the hand and I was thinking you put a book or something on top of it. was it the text written on the book you are trying to trick us with? regardless, throw another one hour away. I wish there was more people playing this besides me and you

Sculpt
11-08-2018, 01:13 PM
Sorry, I was around to tell you it was false, but I had to go to bed. He puts the book, "Farewell to Arms" on the bucket.

True or False...

In Night of the Living Dead 1968, the zombie actors were chewing on real raw animal intestines.

anglewitch
11-08-2018, 05:50 PM
Wtf? People are actually posting on my threads. This is too weird.

Btw sculpt this isn't the movie quote thread. You're disqualified. ::stick out tongue::

Sculpt
11-08-2018, 09:10 PM
Wtf? People are actually posting on my threads. This is too weird.

Btw sculpt this isn't the movie quote thread. You're disqualified. ::stick out tongue::LOL I must be tired. I'll fix that.

Morningriser
11-09-2018, 07:31 AM
That sounds pretty damn fucked up unless they were doing it just to make them make gross faces, so I will say false.

Sculpt
11-09-2018, 12:04 PM
It's true, some scenes were straight from the local butcher.

true or false

In Attack of the Mushroom People, everyone who wanted to become a mushroom, could.

LuvablePsycho
11-09-2018, 12:05 PM
False?

Sculpt
11-09-2018, 12:13 PM
The mushroom people had to give you a 30day tryout, and you had to already have a special mushroom skill, then they'd take a vote, but you couldn't already be a Pepper. No, not really. Everyone could become a mushroom if they wanted.

True of false

At the end of The Wolf Man (1944), the protagonist Larry Talbot dies.

Morningriser
11-20-2018, 02:34 PM
True?

anglewitch
11-24-2018, 05:37 PM
True?

No no no. Answer it confidently.
TRUE!!!

Morningriser
11-24-2018, 05:44 PM
https://corrinrenee.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/donttellmewhattodo.gif

anglewitch
11-24-2018, 05:52 PM
https://corrinrenee.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/donttellmewhattodo.gif
You call that a war face!?

Morningriser
11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Did your parents have any children that lived?

anglewitch
11-24-2018, 06:03 PM
Did your parents have any children that lived?

Jesus christ i didnt know they stacked shit that high.

anglewitch
11-24-2018, 06:09 PM
Man that's such a great movie. Lol

Morningriser
11-24-2018, 06:21 PM
All right let's get back on point. I'm not sure what happened to sculpt but I'm just going to interject myself as the guy who is next.

True or false, in 1972's The Last House on the Left, Junior tries to sell the girls an ounce of Colombian weed for $35.

anglewitch
11-24-2018, 06:38 PM
Haven't seen the movie yet, so i am going take a wild guess.

True!!!

Morningriser
11-24-2018, 06:51 PM
Nope, it was $20.

Sculpt
11-29-2018, 09:07 AM
In Alien, just before the first character dies their head is washed under dripping water.

DR. DOOM
11-29-2018, 10:08 AM
In Alien, just before the first character dies their head is washed under dripping water.
False
first guy to die had alien burst out of chest.

Sculpt
11-29-2018, 05:03 PM
False
first guy to die had alien burst out of chest.
You are correct, Doctor! You're up!

anglewitch
11-30-2018, 01:36 AM
Am i cool...::stick out tongue::

Morningriser
11-30-2018, 08:00 PM
False! ::big grin::

This is a jack move , oo!

True or false, in the director's cut of the original Halloween, young Michael Myers is shown in 3 different scenes.

anglewitch
11-30-2018, 08:03 PM
True
Once at the beginning
Once in a picture
And finally up yourns butt.
🤣

Morningriser
11-30-2018, 08:28 PM
you are right but I am not sure about a picture. He is shown in the opening scene like usual, once at his hearing and then in his room staring out the window

Sculpt
12-02-2018, 09:03 AM
True or false...

In the film Videodrome, at one point the character played by James Woods stuffs a handgun into his stomach.

Sculpt
12-14-2018, 09:27 AM
True or false...

In the film Videodrome, at one point the character played by James Woods stuffs a handgun into his stomach.
That is true.

True or False:

In the movie Jaws, the marine biologist reveals the shark had escaped from their university lab in San Francisco.

Morningriser
12-14-2018, 05:28 PM
False? I'm thinking he was just a wild great white that decided to go Rogue haha

Sculpt
12-16-2018, 11:51 AM
False? I'm thinking he was just a wild great white that decided to go Rogue haha
= p you got it! Yeah, she was just a wild sharky. Good job, you're up, Morn!

Morningriser
12-16-2018, 02:57 PM
Maybe she was angry because she had all them teeth and no toothbrush...

True or false, the actor who played Rufus jr. In House of 1000 Corpses played Michael Myers in Rob Zombie's Halloween 1 and 2.

Sculpt
12-17-2018, 08:16 AM
Maybe she was angry because she had all them teeth and no toothbrush...

True or false, the actor who played Rufus jr. In House of 1000 Corpses played Michael Myers in Rob Zombie's Halloween 1 and 2.
Looks like a big dude who'd be appropriate, I'll say true.

Morningriser
12-17-2018, 08:33 AM
False, it was Tyler Mane who played Rufus in Devil's Rejects but not in House of a Thousand Corpses.

Morningriser
12-18-2018, 07:11 AM
True or false, in a Nightmare on Elm Street, the original of course, during the infamous scene when Freddy is in the alleyway and his arms are all stretched out really far, when he starts chasing Tina, it was actually a "little person" rather than Robert Englund that was chasing her.

Sculpt
12-18-2018, 10:52 AM
absolutely. there's no doubt that was a little person. funny, just took a look at the clip and it's also a single shot trick, where they show the little person Freddy chasing Tina, she turns and runs into the Robert England Freddy. So no need for layered image effects there.

Morningriser
12-18-2018, 12:24 PM
They were talking about it in the director's commentary because they said they just wanted to make the dreams as fucked up looking as possible which is also why they built Johnny Depp's bedroom set upside down for the big blood spray scene.

You're up.

Sculpt
12-18-2018, 03:47 PM
They were talking about it in the director's commentary because they said they just wanted to make the dreams as fucked up looking as possible which is also why they built Johnny Depp's bedroom set upside down for the big blood spray scene.

You're up.
The upside down (rotating) room was a very effective trick. We had seen it in Poltergeist 1982, with the mom rolling to the ceiling, but still nifty here. ANOES was a nice showcase for practical effects.

I think one of the few non-practical effects was near the end of chasing Tina back in the house -- where Freddy slips out from behind an 3 inch tree, which required film on film image. Nothing new to film.

True or False?

In the Babadook, the creature was actually the father (of Sam, husband to
Amelia) that had died.

Morningriser
12-18-2018, 04:23 PM
False? It's been awhile since I seen it but that does not seem familiar.

Sculpt
12-18-2018, 05:16 PM
False? It's been awhile since I seen it but that does not seem familiar.
You is right, Sir Moringriser! It's not the father -- which was floating through my head when I watch the Babadook. I guess it's just an evil spirit they feed worms... ::big grin:: You are up!

Morningriser
12-18-2018, 05:43 PM
True or false, worms are an excellent source of protein.

Sculpt
12-19-2018, 05:01 PM
True or false, worms are an excellent source of protein.
I believe that is true. and insects too.

Morningriser
12-19-2018, 05:37 PM
Yep! Sorry, I got bored and wanted to try something new lol

Sculpt
01-10-2019, 10:10 AM
In the 1957 film House on Haunted Hill five guests are invited, and they must stay the whole night to earn $10k. True or false, all the guests are provided with a whistle and a knife for protection.

Morningriser
01-10-2019, 10:45 AM
False? It's been a while.

Sculpt
01-11-2019, 07:37 AM
False? It's been a while.
You're right, they were each presented with little coffins containing a small pistol. You're up!

Morningriser
01-11-2019, 12:46 PM
In the movie Frailty, Bill Paxton is given a signal where to find the gloves and axe he uses to slay demons. When he finds the axe there is a name carved just under the blade, "Milo".

Sculpt
01-12-2019, 08:56 AM
In the movie Frailty, Bill Paxton is given a signal where to find the gloves and axe he uses to slay demons. When he finds the axe there is a name carved just under the blade, "Milo".

Flase! The name caved into it is Otis. from Mayberry.

Morningriser
01-12-2019, 10:10 AM
I knew somebody from Mayberry would go nuts eventually! You are correct! That movie is vastly underrated. Your turn man. I wish we could find others to get in on this. Hey deadbeat, you are always lurking but only posting in the last scene movies thread mostly, loosen up and have some fun with us lol

Sculpt
01-12-2019, 11:55 AM
Yeah, comon, Pussycat!

Tre or False:

In in film Jaws (1976) the sheriff, played by Roy Scheider, drips poison into his hollow point pistol bullets and then to seal them with a waxy looking substance.

cheebacheeba
04-06-2019, 04:29 AM
False

NOES 3 was the first in the series in which one character asked another the question "where are we?"

Morningriser
04-06-2019, 07:33 AM
Considering this is the first one multiple people were in the same dream, I say true.

Sculpt
04-06-2019, 08:44 AM
False

NOES 3 was the first in the series in which one character asked another the question "where are we?"
Nope, that's TRUE.
In Jaws II there is the strange scene where Roy Schider drips a liquid in hollow point bullets and then drips something on top of that, like wax, to seal it. We assume poison and wax. It's another question if any liquid or wax would survive a shot from a revolver, but then again, they tend to fly straight, rather then end over end, so who knows.

I don't remember Nightmare 2, but I agree with Morning, I think D Warriors was the first with more than two sleeping kids in one dream.

MichaelMyers
10-28-2019, 09:32 AM
PSYCHO IS THE FIRST AMERICAN FILM TO FEATURE A TOILET.

Sculpt
10-28-2019, 05:27 PM
PSYCHO IS THE FIRST AMERICAN FILM TO FEATURE A TOILET.
EDIT

I'm going to guess, No, not the first to feature a toilet.

anglewitch
09-07-2021, 05:28 PM
EDIT

I'm going to guess, No, not the first to feature a toilet.

Lmao

There is an evil duck in your kitchen

True or false?

Sculpt
09-08-2021, 01:45 PM
Lmao

There is an evil duck in your kitchen

True or false?
false

anglewitch
09-08-2021, 02:53 PM
false

There is. I promise.

Sculpt
09-08-2021, 04:36 PM
True or False

A vampire can be killed with a silver bullet

anglewitch
09-08-2021, 06:22 PM
Strangely enough true. Vampire hate silver just as much werewolves.

True or false

Santa elves are ass holes

Sculpt
09-11-2021, 05:39 PM
got to wait for my confirmation... vampires die from silver?

False!

"https://basc.org.uk/silver-bullets-and-vampires/
Many people today are familiar with the idea of silver bullets being used to kill vampires, but a generation ago this was not widely understood. Silver shot was used or recommended against various supernatural creatures over the centuries (famously including the werewolf), but there is no association with vampires until 1928 when rogue priest and self-styled vampire hunter Montagu Summers’ penned his notoriously unreliable The Vampire: His Kith and Kin.

This is likely to have been a confusion with werewolf folklore – Bram Stoker certainly conflated the two beings in his seminal Dracula thanks to his limited familiarity with vampire folklore. Although the 1959 Universal film Curse of the Undead does feature a vampire being staked with silver, a silver bullet was not used in fiction until Peter Cushing melted down a silver cross in Hammer’s Satanic Rites of Dracula (1974) and moulded it into a bullet.

The basis in folklore is lacking, however. It’s not until the late 20th century that we find a reference to a quartered silver coin fired from a shotgun. Around the same time John Steakley’s novel Vampire$ started a new trend for silver-loaded pistols which translated into the movies, and the rest is history."

Elves assholes? true?

anglewitch
09-11-2021, 08:14 PM
Damn

Yep

Throw me another sculpt

Sculpt
09-12-2021, 07:19 PM
In Rosemary's Baby, you see a baby with the Devil's eyes.

anglewitch
09-15-2021, 07:50 PM
False, you hear rosemary say it

Sculpt
09-16-2021, 06:14 PM
False, you hear rosemary say it
You are right! You're up!