PDA

View Full Version : Creepiest horror image

Stingy Jack
06-18-2004, 04:50 AM
Ever see a movie or read a story that had an image you couldn't get out of your head due to its utter creepiness (as opposed to "bloody/nasty/gory")? A memorable one for me is actually from a book (whose title I've long since forgotten), which was supposed to be a nonfiction account of a demonic possession. The house the family was living in had fallen under demonic forces, that would haunt them constantly. One haunting in particular is the subject of this post:

A boy, whose bedroom was in the basement (go figure), wakes up to hear a soft murmurring sound. He locates the sound to his makeshift closet, which uses an old, red curtain as a door. As his eyes adjust to the darkness, he notices the curtain is slightly open ... and behind it is standing the figure of an old man, grey and bony, eyes rolled up into his head. The man's lips are the only thing on his body that is moving, and it is from these lips that the murmurring comes. The boy has to run past the curtain to leave the room.

Typing it up now, it doesn't seem so creepy. I wish I still had the book so I could quote it directly.

A couple more:

Dead girl in closet from "The Ring" (what is it with me and closests?)

Final scene from "Blair Witch Project"

bloodrayne
06-18-2004, 05:16 AM
Actually, for me it was a scene from a movie that I can't remember the name of...I was only about 8 years old at the time (which is probably why it made such an impression)...Anyway, either the name of the movie had something to do with "Ruby" or the girl in it was named Ruby.
..I remember a part where the girl was holding a mason jar with two eyeballs in it...They were both trailing long muscle tissue and nerves, apparently she had gotten them from an elderly relative in a wheelchair, as they showed this person with no eyes....Okay, that isn't the part that creeped me out...It was in the end (well, it was either the end, or the part where I couldn't watch anymore)
...There was a lake, and the girl was walking to the lake...a guy came up from the water and walked towards her (actually, I may have the male and female roles reversed, I can't really remember)...As they came together, they embraced, walked into the water, and the parts of the body, of the person that came out of the water, that were submerged (damn, this is difficult to explain) were skeletal...The parts that were above the water were normal...and as the person would get deeper into the water, all of the parts would become skeletal, but ONLY if they stayed under water, like if the water level lowered or something, from the splashing, the parts that came back out of the water were normal again, sorta like the water was an x-ray image...Okay, now comes the creepy part...the person who was taken into the water, seems to snap out of the trance, and starts to struggle, the "thing" pulls the person all the way underwater...When it is completely submerged, it is all skeletal except that it has a beating heart in the ribcage and a brain with eyeballs in it's skull, it is laughing maniacally, as it drowns its victim, it looks like its doing some crazy dance underwater.......
Anyway...that's the image that stuck with me...That skeleton, with a red beating heart, eyeballs and a brain, crazily laughing and "jumping around" underwater, drowning someone...
I wish I could watch it again...It would probably make a little sense now...It was at the drive-in...A double feature...It came on right after "Rabid" (Funny, I remember almost ALL of that one), so...It would have been right around that same time period...:confused:

Stingy Jack
06-18-2004, 05:20 AM
Doesn't ring a bell with me, Bloodrayne. But that was an excellent post! Creeped me out just reading it. If you ever find out the title to that one, let us know!

bloodrayne
06-18-2004, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Stingy Jack
Doesn't ring a bell with me, Bloodrayne. But that was an excellent post! Creeped me out just reading it. If you ever find out the title to that one, let us know! LOL, thanks...I don't know why I never thought to ask here...Thanks for this thread, too...Perhaps this will help me figure it out...It actually seems like something that Zwoti would know about...Or maybe Vodstock...Maybe even Bwind...
Dr. Kelvinstein or Avenger definitely would have known, maybe Ritualistic, too...I certainly wish that I would have thought to ask about it while they were here:(
So...What about it, Guys?...A little help?

zwoti
06-18-2004, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
LOL, thanks...I don't know why I never thought to ask here...Thanks for this thread, too...Perhaps this will help me figure it out...It actually seems like something that Zwoti would know about...Or maybe Vodstock...Maybe even Bwind...
Dr. Kelvinstein or Avenger definitely would have known, maybe Ritualistic, too...I certainly wish that I would have thought to ask about it while they were here:(
So...What about it, Guys?...A little help?

well there is a horror film called ruby (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076644/)

Freddy Krueger.
06-18-2004, 05:47 AM
I wouldn't call it "creepy" but it is a scene that comes-and-goes. It's from "The Silence Of The Lambs" when Hannibal gets off the strecher and pulls that mans skin off his face. Y'know, the one he was wearing as a "mask".

bloodrayne
06-18-2004, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by zwoti
well there is a horror film called ruby (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076644/) Thanks for that link, Zwoti...I don't know why I didn't think to look up "Ruby" myself...I read the synopsis, and the review, as well as viewer comments (there were only 7 :rolleyes: )...Much of it does sound about right, mostly the parts about the disturbed, mute little girl killing people...But, it seems that the overall theme was supposed to be that her mother ran a drive-in, and I can't, for the life of me, remember anything about that...Of course, I was only 8 years old...I will definitely have to see this one to be sure, but everyone said (in viewer comments) that the ending was editted out after the original theater release...Which would mean that the main part I would be looking for, would be gone...Oh well, I still believe that if it were the right movie, I would begin to recognize other parts as I watched it...Thanks again..You are so helpful:)

Vodstok
06-18-2004, 06:14 AM
here are mine

Vampenguin
06-18-2004, 06:20 AM
Lets see, I have a couple...

Theres when the tech. guy turns around in his chair, and has no face in House on Haunted Hill(Remake) , Also in House on Haunted Hill, when Price is in the Saturation Chamber, The naked girl with a mouth-face thing, hard to explain...

And BTW, how did Blair Witch end? I was like 10 when I saw it, and near the end I got freaking terrifyed, so I ran out of the house, and told my mother never to tell me how it ended. Now that I actually wanna know......She forgot.

Stingy Jack
06-18-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
here are mine

Good images! I forgot about the first one ... the Exorcist face. Unfortunately, I can't place the second. Doesn't seem too creepy to me though ... he looks like an old roommate I had once, when I walked in on him taking a dump.

As for Blair Witch, it ended with Heather and the short, stocky guy running through the mysterious house looking for Josh. Stocky guy hears a yell coming from the basement, and takes off looking for the source, leaving Heather screaming her ass off (once again.) She follows the guy down to the basement, and captures a brief image of him standing with his nose in the corner (a la the method used by Rustin Parr against his victims). Heather, still screaming, is finally shut up by some unknown attack. The camera drops to the floor, filming nothing but earth ... then shortly stops.

Vampenguin
06-18-2004, 06:31 AM
Oh wow.....I only missed like a minute.....I might rent that movie today

Freddy Krueger.
06-18-2004, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Vampenguin
And BTW, how did Blair Witch end? I was like 10 when I saw it, and near the end I got freaking terrifyed, so I ran out of the house, and told my mother never to tell me how it ended. Now that I actually wanna know......She forgot. I can't remember much myself, either. They were in a old house or something, I think. Like I said: I can't remember much myself, either.

Freddy Krueger.
06-18-2004, 06:35 AM
here are mine I think I've seen those two at a Rock concert...

bloodrayne
06-18-2004, 06:38 AM
As for Blair Witch, it ended with Heather and the short, stocky guy running through the mysterious house looking for Josh. Stocky guy hears a yell coming from the basement, and takes off looking for the source, leaving Heather screaming her ass off (once again.) She follows the guy down to the basement, and captures a brief image of him standing with his nose in the corner (a la the method used by Rustin Parr against his victims). Heather, still screaming, is finally shut up by some unknown attack. The camera drops to the floor, filming nothing but earth ... then shortly stops. Wow...That was an excellent description of that scene..Kudos :)

carnage
06-18-2004, 06:45 AM
hmmm....good question....I think my most disturbing image comes from Stephen King's the Shining. When I read the book, it was the image of the dead woman in bathtub that Danny finds in the "forbidden" hotel room.....just all out gave me the creeps.

Then of course I saw the movie (Stanley Kubricks version), and it did NOT help get the image out of my head.

To this day, that image haunts me....

Vampenguin
06-18-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by carnage
hmmm....good question....I think my most disturbing image comes from Stephen King's the Shining. When I read the book, it was the image of the dead woman in bathtub that Danny finds in the "forbidden" hotel room.....just all out gave me the creeps.

Then of course I saw the movie (Stanley Kubricks version), and it did NOT help get the image out of my head.

Oh ya, I forgot 'bout that one.....Nice to see that you're back, carnage! Where've ya been?

Stingy Jack
06-18-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by carnage

Good call. You guys are bringing back lots of memories.

Stingy Jack
06-18-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Wow...That was an excellent description of that scene..Kudos :)

LoL! You think so? I think "stocky guy" is perhaps my most vivid description there. ;)

carnage
06-18-2004, 07:04 AM
Oh ya, I forgot 'bout that one.....Nice to see that you're back, carnage! Where've ya been?

been out of town....

busy lately as well, and lost my internet at home....will be working this weekend to fix that..:)

Stingy Jack
06-18-2004, 08:17 AM
So ... where did that 2nd image of Vod's come from?

GorePhobia
06-18-2004, 08:20 AM
i want more pics :)

BudMan
06-18-2004, 08:23 AM
So ... where did that 2nd image of Vod's come from?

The Ring

Vodstok
06-18-2004, 08:33 AM
Lets see, I have a couple...

Theres when the tech. guy turns around in his chair, and has no face in House on Haunted Hill(Remake) , Also in House on Haunted Hill, when Price is in the Saturation Chamber, The naked girl with a mouth-face thing, hard to explain...

And BTW, how did Blair Witch end? I was like 10 when I saw it, and near the end I got freaking terrifyed, so I ran out of the house, and told my mother never to tell me how it ended. Now that I actually wanna know......She forgot.

Here is how Brian from the family guy summerised it:

"Okay, they're in the woods.....They are running.....Running some more....

Something about a map... More running... They're in a house... she screams.... the screen goes blank.... everyone looks pissed."

XKillerX
06-18-2004, 01:11 PM
here are mine
What movie is the first one from?
It's not from Exorcist is it?

Stingy Jack
06-18-2004, 01:12 PM
I think it is. It looks like the face that flashes on the screen when the mom is creeping through the kitchen in the dark.

Vampenguin
06-18-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by BudMan
The Ring

Not The Ring.....Ringu maybe?

XKillerX
06-18-2004, 01:14 PM
I think it is. It looks like the face that flashes on the screen when the mom is creeping through the kitchen in the dark.
Oh so it's not a character or anything like that.

Miss Britt
06-18-2004, 01:19 PM
The scariest image I think was in the Blair Witch, when she is down in the basement and the other boy is in the corner.... I wouldn't go in my basement for months after that lol .....

XKillerX
06-18-2004, 01:22 PM
Ever see Wrong Turn, when she is under the bed and that girl falls on the floor, her mouth is all cut up. It didn't scare me at all, but I couldn't get her face out of my mind until the next day.

Stingy Jack
06-18-2004, 01:25 PM
Here's another:

The foreign film (Japanese) titled "The Eye". The scene where the main character is trapped on the elevator with that ghost with the huge dent in his head. That is one hella-creepy scene.

Miss Britt
06-18-2004, 01:29 PM
Worst horror image Has got to be in the Goonies, SLOTH'S makeup, lol Worst makeup job EVER!!!

orangestar
06-18-2004, 06:22 PM
Creepiest scene has to be in Kubriks version of the Shining when Danny is riding on his tricycle through the hallways and its completely silent. Of course meeting the twins was very creepy.

Silence in horror movies always creeps me out.

Stingy Jack
06-18-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by orangestar
Creepiest scene has to be in Kubriks version of the Shining when Danny is riding on his tricycle through the hallways and its completely silent. Of course meeting the twins was very creepy.

Silence in horror movies always creeps me out.

I agree totally. One of the main reasons I hated Resident Evil. Couldn't hear over the music.

Hate_Breeder
06-18-2004, 06:34 PM
yo

Steelsymth
06-18-2004, 07:20 PM
Ok....what I'm going to say isn't BS. When I was 12yrs. old me and my friends where in the woods by our apts, doing 12yr. old stuff. We found a dead body hanging from a tree. It was the body of a guy that lived in the apts. where we did. He hung him self with his belt and he didn't do it right. You could tell because his feet where about 6" off the ground and I looked like he choaked to dead. I remember his toung was stiking out and it was purple and swelled up and well it was terrible. We when running as fast as we could to my friends house and his dad called the police. I still have that image burned into my brain. The really shitty part is I have seen 4 dead bodies in my 39yrs. and that was only the second worst.

Stingy Jack
06-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Steelsymth
Ok....what I'm going to say isn't BS. When I was 12yrs. old me and my friends where in the woods by our apts, doing 12yr. old stuff. We found a dead body hanging from a tree. It was the body of a guy that lived in the apts. where we did. He hung him self with his belt and he didn't do it right. You could tell because his feet where about 6" off the ground and I looked like he choaked to dead. I remember his toung was stiking out and it was purple and swelled up and well it was terrible. We when running as fast as we could to my friends house and his dad called the police. I still have that image burned into my brain. The really shitty part is I have seen 4 dead bodies in my 39yrs. and that was only the second worst.

Oh my shit. What was the worst? That reminds me of a scene I saw shortly after high school. I was driving down the street, and saw some police divers pulling a body out of the lake next to me. The guy in the boat reaches for the body and grabs it by the arm to pull it up. I guess the body had been in the water too long, and all the skin just slid off like a glove into that guy's hand. It was pretty horrific. I forgot all about that until you posted this.