PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember Friday the 13th on NES?

thehalk
10-11-2003, 03:57 PM
on e bay i seen a friday the 13th game 4 supper netendo has eanybody have information on this game?

wyked
10-11-2003, 10:44 PM
There was a regular Nintendo game of Friday the 13th which I had when I was younger. Was fun but rather easy to beat...that one is a good 10 years old at least.

avenger00soul
10-12-2003, 05:54 AM
Great game. You start out fighting Jason with rocks. Yep, rocks.

thehalk
10-12-2003, 06:57 PM
so wat is the pplot of the game?

Killer Clown#1
10-12-2003, 07:43 PM
I'm sorry Wyked but I think you are mistakken because this is one of the hardest games I have every played, it was even voted one of the hardest games in a magizine.

thehalk
10-12-2003, 07:46 PM
wat is the game about?:confused:

avenger00soul
10-17-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Killer Clown#1
I'm sorry Wyked but I think you are mistakken because this is one of the hardest games I have every played, it was even voted one of the hardest games in a magizine.

It was damn hard, until I got a gamn genie. Hehe.

thehalk
10-17-2003, 05:30 PM
a game wat is scapose tobe a really old game shark

CrystalLake
10-18-2003, 11:09 AM
I have the Friday the 13th game! It's really cool! I haven't beaten it yet.. and it's been ''in my family'' since it first came out. I think my uncle beat it... like, only once. But yeah.. You go around Camp Crystal Lake, killing zombies, getting weapons ( Rocks-Machete-Axe-Tourch ) killing Mrs. Voorhees to get her ''gifts'' ( Weapon Upgrade-Sweater-Axe ) and of course.. defeating Jason! You have to defeat him 3 times ( on Three Day basis ) everyday he gets stronger and stronger. I've made it to the third day..but I always lose. Even with the toughest Counserlor, strongest weapon and Mrs. Voorhees' sweater! It is a hard game. The music is awesome, too! People think it's annoying.. but not to me. I could listen to all 4 different songs for hours on end.

thehalk
10-18-2003, 03:05 PM
u discribed it best n that dose soulned hot

redruM
10-23-2003, 08:35 AM
game was ridiculousely hard,. i couldnt get passed the FIRST day

but yes, cool toons

thehalk
10-23-2003, 05:16 PM
do ya think thers is any chance of a new version n would anyoner get it?

Threl kaar
06-17-2004, 03:48 PM
I used to play this game all the time and i know im not the only one...right?

http://www.planetnintendo.com/thewarpzone/boxes/fridaythe13th.jpg

http://yosemite-sam.net/TV-Movies/FT13NES2.gif

Tubalcain
06-21-2004, 08:19 PM
yeah i used to love that game. in fact i was just thinking about it the other day. i wonder if you can still find it anywhere? there used to be a program that let you play those old games on the computer but i dont remember what it was called.

Threl kaar
06-21-2004, 08:25 PM
yeah ive looking around for one to buy but check ebay i saw tons there.

kpropain
06-21-2004, 08:25 PM
I used to play this all the time also.

You can still find them on ebay sometimes.

Stingy Jack
06-23-2004, 06:47 AM
YES! I totally loved this game, and would beat it over and over again. There was actually a bit of controversy when it was released. There was an older game based on the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, where you played Leatherface killing as many victims as you could. Parents, of course raised an uproar. So, when they made this game (Friday the 13th), it was originally going to be where you played Jason ... but then the developers remembered the old TCM controversy and changed it.

Threl kaar
06-23-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Stingy Jack
YES! I totally loved this game, and would beat it over and over again. There was actually a bit of controversy when it was released. There was an older game based on the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, where you played Leatherface killing as many victims as you could. Parents, of course raised an uproar. So, when they made this game (Friday the 13th), it was originally going to be where you played Jason ... but then the developers remembered the old TCM controversy and changed it.
that leatherface game sounds sick, any idea what the name was and if you could still find it?

jay o2 waster
06-25-2004, 02:17 AM
gawd i love ur avatar

Threl kaar
06-25-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by jay o2 waster
gawd i love ur avatar
haha, thanks.

KRUGERKID13
06-27-2004, 06:12 PM
yeah that game rocked still own a copy but cant get my nes to work

Threl kaar
06-28-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by KRUGERKID13
yeah that game rocked still own a copy but cant get my nes to work
yeah that sucks, i wanted to play this zombie game on my sega cd but it wont work either.

freddy69
07-16-2004, 07:20 AM
i still have that fucking game .its kinda dumb but my nieces and nephew play it

Stingy Jack
07-19-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Threl kaar
that leatherface game sounds sick, any idea what the name was and if you could still find it?

I think it was called "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre". I'll have a look around e-bay and see if I can find it.

thecritic
07-23-2004, 07:17 PM
I thought that the Friday the 13th game was awesome, but I thought that the Nightmare on Elm Street is so much better. Initially you have to get cups of coffee to stay awake, but once you fall alseep the screen warps into these twisted images. Plus, you get to use your 'dream powers' when you have to fight Freddy at the end of each level.
________
Yamaha R5 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_R5)

Chainsaw Guy
07-24-2004, 08:06 PM
i love this game still play it wish you could be jason though and there was this game on sega cd called fright night or something it was like a movie anyone know what im talkin about

natas
07-25-2004, 08:41 AM
I used to play that game!! I forgot all about it til now. Would love to play it again.

dantehorrorfan
08-07-2004, 02:38 AM
i played that game before it was cool the only thing that sucked about it was u couldnt play jaosn............i want to know more about the nightmare on elm street game

Egekrusher
08-07-2004, 07:43 PM
I have virtually every NES game ever made. On my PC, of course. Emulators are wonderful.

I still play this game sometimes.

KRUGERKID13
08-07-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by dantehorrorfan
i played that game before it was cool the only thing that sucked about it was u couldnt play jaosn............i want to know more about the nightmare on elm street game

yeah it sucked you couldnt play as jaosn but at least JASON was in the game

Lucid Dreams
08-22-2004, 03:29 PM
try 2 find a good SNES Emulator...and hopefully you'll be able to find the game...i havn't yet

thecritic
08-30-2004, 02:38 PM
This is directed more to dantehorrorfan than anybody else, but let me see how much I can explain.

You begin on a street, and from here you can see several buildings in the background and a path to the cemetary. Well each building represents a different level of the game. The longer you play, the more buildings that you get to go into. During the actually game play, you want to try to collect as many cups of coffee that you can so that you can stay awake longer(obviously) Of course there are the small little bad guys that you have to avoid, but they get much worse if you fall asleep. There is a meter on the top of the screen that shows how awake you are. When It runs out you fall asleep and the screen warps and changes to a much more dark and scary image. Now the bad guys are a little harder to avoid, but you also can get these floating tokens which are your dream powers. You can only use the powers when you are asleep.(If I remember correctly you can only use them so much beffore they run out) However, as you near the end of each stage, you have to fight Freddy in various forms(an arm, an worm thing, etc.) Here is the best opportunity to use your dream powers. You can change, i.e. into a ninja, and throw ninja stars at him. There are several other powers that you get but don't want to give to much away. Anyway, the game is pretty much the same all the way through until the last level of course, when you have the final battle with Freddy.
________
SRX250 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_SRX250)

Fred Krueger
10-24-2004, 06:19 PM
One game I've never beaten, but still loved to play. Frantic and hard as hell in my book, it was all about watching out for night and day sequences and learning Jason's attack patterns. Definately a classic, has anyone else ever played it? Or are you like me, and do you still play it every once in awhile?

thehalk
10-24-2004, 06:29 PM
ive never played it but ive herd about it alot in the past

Codeine Coma
10-25-2004, 12:29 AM
I don't even remember much about the game. I played it back in 1988-1989 I believe. I remember it was a pain to get past Jason while in the boat or water. That's all.

horror_master
11-03-2004, 02:43 PM
I usew to own that game. It was amsomes. Sadly it was destoryed 10 years ago in a house fire. I been trying since then to locate the game. It was one of the hardest agme I ever played, but sill one of my favioarte games still too play.

chaplain
11-03-2004, 02:48 PM
That game was awsome but a motherfucker to beat.I never could finish it.:mad:

I,ZOMBIE
11-03-2004, 07:19 PM
sadly, my nintendo and all my games got left behind when i had to move out of a county really fast!@

Hate_Breeder
11-03-2004, 09:08 PM
Never even knew they made a Friday the 13th game.....hmm...

MichaelMyers
11-04-2004, 06:39 AM
How cool would a F13 game for PS2/X-Box be.

Hate_Breeder
11-04-2004, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by MichaelMyers
How cool would a F13 game for PS2/X-Box be.

Probably gay lol. Most PS2 and X-Box games suck or are all the same..

horror_master
11-10-2004, 11:38 AM
If they do re-realse it, it would be properly for the GBA, since nintendo ahs been doing that allot lately with thier older nintendo games. :)

horror_master
11-14-2004, 09:35 AM
I would love to buy this game agian for NES, but since nintendo is remaking some of thier older classic nintendo games for the GBA. I'm hoping they would remake this one also.

horror_master
11-14-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by thehalk
do ya think thers is any chance of a new version n would anyoner get it?

I would if they remade the oringal into GBA foramt.

AcidOsmosis
02-02-2005, 06:57 PM
I remember playing that game, but the Nightmare on Elm Street game was even more awesome. :-D Had some awesome music lol.

gnarly
02-02-2005, 07:12 PM
you can play them games rite now yaz just need to find a rom site
and start downlouding stuff

thepsychicfetus
02-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Friday the 13th on NES was weird, i dont think i ever beat it, but i made it pretty far. i was glad to have a representation of horror movies even on the NES.

also, the nightmare on elm street game on NES, which was really bad and made no sense, but it still exists.

knife_fight
02-11-2005, 03:19 PM
F13 was too damn hard.

and to the person who asked about Game Genie: yes, it was the same thing as a Game Shark (sorta). You plugged it onto the bottom of the game cartridge and then put the whole deal into your NES.

The main thing that is depressing about NES games is that soon none of them will work, because of the whole cartridge-degradation thing. Most of my old NES games don't work (and you can completely forget about games that need to be saved, like Zelda).

horror_master
02-14-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by knife_fight
F13 was too damn hard.

and to the person who asked about Game Genie: yes, it was the same thing as a Game Shark (sorta). You plugged it onto the bottom of the game cartridge and then put the whole deal into your NES.

The main thing that is depressing about NES games is that soon none of them will work, because of the whole cartridge-degradation thing. Most of my old NES games don't work (and you can completely forget about games that need to be saved, like Zelda). That sucks to hear about game cartidge degradtion thing. I never heard about it before.