PDA

View Full Version : Movies I NEED To See

Vampenguin
06-16-2004, 05:33 PM
I just realalized that Ive hardly seen any of the "Best" horror movies, and heres a list of the ones that I really need to see.......

Evil Dead+2+Army of Darkness
Hellraiser
Friday 13
More Nightmare on Elm Street(Only seen 2)
Original Dawn+Day of the Dead
Halloween

I fell so deprived.....but from this site, and other sites Ive been to, It seems like Ive already seen all these movies.....Thanks guys!

Hate_Breeder
06-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Day of the Dead?

Vampenguin
06-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Ya, whats wrong with that?

GorePhobia
06-16-2004, 05:40 PM
that sucks vamp u are so young to the horror scene.....get on those movies and watch em!!!

Vampenguin
06-16-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by GorePhobia
that sucks vamp u are so young to the horror scene.....get on those movies and watch em!!!

"Young" is the key word there......thats the reason I havnt seen those, notice how they're all rated "R"? And with my movie-ratings obsessed Dad,Im surprised Ive seen ay horror movies.....he hates them....

HUGE, HUGE EDIT: I just made my Dad sound like an asshole....Definatly not the right message, he's a great guy, just a little harsh when it comes to the ratings. And he really doesnt lke horror movies.

evil_blonde
06-16-2004, 05:55 PM
not to worry you arent the only one who hasnt seen those movies, i havent seen ANY of those either!!!!!!!! however i do wish to so......:rolleyes: my laziness i guess

kpropain
06-16-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Vampenguin
I just realalized that Ive hardly seen any of the "Best" horror movies, and heres a list of the ones that I really need to see.......

Hellraiser
Friday 13
Halloween

I fell so deprived.....but from this site, and other sites Ive been to, It seems like Ive already seen all these movies.....Thanks guys!

And you call yourself a horror fan, tisk tisk, hahahahahaha

jay o2 waster
06-16-2004, 07:26 PM
That is insane

Steelsymth
06-16-2004, 07:40 PM
Vampenguin a movie I always have liked was People under the Stairs, you are to young for that one to.

jay o2 waster
06-16-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Steelsymth
Vampenguin a movie I always have liked was People under the Stairs, you are to young for that one to.

wtf is that supposed to mean?

Steelsymth
06-16-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by jay o2 waster
wtf is that supposed to mean?

To have seen it at the movies, bro

jay o2 waster
06-16-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Steelsymth
To have seen it at the movies, bro

O, I thought you were saying he is to young for that kind a stuff

wufongtan
06-16-2004, 09:15 PM

Hellraiser
Friday 13
Halloween

All great movies there vamp. you don't know what you're missing. well iguess you do since you know how much it sucks not to have seen them. heres a bit of good advice, don't worry about halloween3 save your self the trouble and the agony of seeing one fucked up movie. o and defently never ever and imean NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! waste your money on wendigo

Freddy Krueger.
06-16-2004, 09:19 PM

Hellraiser
Friday 13
Halloween

I fell so deprived.....but from this site, and other sites Ive been to, It seems like Ive already seen all these movies.....Thanks guys! Like Kpro said, "and you call yourself a horror fan, tisk tisk." And don't bother with any Evil Dead or Army of Darkness nore Hellraiser, they all suck and blow.

bwind22
06-16-2004, 09:19 PM
You should try talking your ratings obsessed dad into letting you rent the 'unrated' version of some good horror. I know Dead Alive comes unrated, I'm sure he'd love it!

Hate_Breeder
06-16-2004, 10:45 PM
Dont try renting Day of the Dead edited though. It would be like a song and some credits. Besides whats the point to renting a good zombie movie when the best parts are cut out!

evil_blonde
06-16-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
Dont try renting Day of the Dead edited though. It would be like a song and some credits. Besides whats the point to renting a good zombie movie when the best parts are cut out! ]

i dont know what is the point to that?

bloodrayne
06-17-2004, 03:40 AM
Hey...Don't feel bad...I haven't gotten out of the house much lately...I still haven't seen Texas Chainsaw remake...Kill Bill...Dawn Of The Dead remake...28 Days Later...Dog Soldiers...Underworld...or Ginger Snaps II:eek: :o ...I'll catch up though...Probably all at once:D :cool:

nv.
06-17-2004, 06:53 AM
It's gonna be a loooong day for you rayne..:D

bloodrayne
06-17-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by nv.
It's gonna be a loooong day for you rayne..:D Night, Sweetie...A long NIGHT :cool: ...That's cool though, I'm used to those:)

Vampenguin
06-17-2004, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Hey...Don't feel bad...I haven't gotten out of the house much lately...I still haven't seen Texas Chainsaw remake...Kill Bill...Dawn Of The Dead remake...28 Days Later...Dog Soldiers...Underworld...or Ginger Snaps II:eek: :o ...I'll catch up though...Probably all at once:D :cool:

If you want ANY advice from me, save a couple bucks and a coupla hours by skipping 28 Days Later. I bugged my dad for MONTHS to let me see it......what a let down, It was a piecve of shit. Boring as hell, almost the same plot as NotLD, changed just enough to be legal and not a remake, Zombies that arent even Zombies......God I hated it....

bloodrayne
06-17-2004, 07:20 AM
If you want ANY advice from me, save a couple bucks and a coupla hours by skipping 28 Days Later. I bugged my dad for MONTHS to let me see it......what a let down, It was a piecve of shit. Boring as hell, almost the same plot as NotLD, changed just enough to be legal and not a remake, Zombies that arent even Zombies......God I hated it.... LOL...Nice...Thanks for the warning :)

nv.
06-17-2004, 07:23 AM
hehe...sorry rayne:D ..hey I haven't heard about Dog Soldiers...can anyone tell me what it's about?

Vodstok
06-17-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
LOL...Nice...Thanks for the warning :)

i will take this opportunity to completely disagree with the penguin. 28 Days Later is similar to NOTLD because it is post apocalyptic, and has mindless people trying to kill. Other than that, it is like night and day.

Boring isvery subjective. I absolutely loved it. There is more action than most "zombie" flicks (although it isnt REALLY a zombie flick). It is unique. I would definately say it is worth a look at the very least to form your own opinion.

I have seen too many people say it sucked and was boring, but i have yet to hear a single reason as to why.

Vodstok
06-17-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by nv.
hehe...sorry rayne:D ..hey I haven't heard about Dog Soldiers...can anyone tell me what it's about?

A group of soldiers in the UK are out on a training mission, only to end up holed up in ahouse, surrounded by werewolves. I dont want to get into any more details, but i will say that it is easily one of the best werewolf flicks around. Whink werewolfs meet the movie Aliens as far as tension and action, not to mention paranoia. It is great.

bloodrayne
06-17-2004, 07:32 AM
Always best to decide for oneself...Got it...Thanks;) :)

Vampenguin
06-17-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
i will take this opportunity to completely disagree with the penguin. 28 Days Later is similar to NOTLD because it is post apocalyptic, and has mindless people trying to kill. Other than that, it is like night and day.

Boring isvery subjective. I absolutely loved it. There is more action than most "zombie" flicks (although it isnt REALLY a zombie flick). It is unique. I would definately say it is worth a look at the very least to form your own opinion.

I have seen too many people say it sucked and was boring, but i have yet to hear a single reason as to why.

Reasons Why:

Many people say the scene where Jim walks out of the hospital into an empty London is Creepy. And It might have been, if it wasnt so damn long. A guy walking through an unpopuated city gets tiresome after awhile.

The ending was pretty bad. Could have been worse I guess, but If you look at the alternates on thhe DVD, you'll se it could also be better.

And as for "more action than most zombie movies"......When? Was the disc I rented defective? Cause I dont remember much action.....

Dont get me wrong, it had its moments. But they were few and far between, but of course thats just my opinion. I agree with Vod, in the respect that you probably should see it, if only to form an opinion of your own. But dont say I didnt warn you.

Vodstok
06-17-2004, 07:37 AM
Funny thing is, i think the alternat endings sucked. The way they left it was good. Jim was to good a character to allow the alternates to happen.

The beginning is kind of subject to your attention span. Mine is incredibly short, but it worked for me.

Thanks for atcually answering me, though. :)

Vampenguin
06-17-2004, 07:38 AM
Funny thing is, i think the alternat endings sucked. The way they left it was good. Jim was to good a character to allow the alternates to happen.

Thanks for atcually answering me, though. :)

No prob. And I agree, one of the alternates was pretty crappy......bad to worse, IMO, but the one that was only a story board.....IMO that might just have saved the movie.

Stingy Jack
06-17-2004, 07:42 AM
I personally thought "28 Days Later" was great ... even though the "infected" aren't really zombies. But aren't producers allowed to make a non-zombie film on occasion? I thought it was refreshing, in that respect. The baddies were creepy, particularly in the early church scene.

I often wonder how people rate a horror movie. It seems to me that many people think a horror film is great if it has lots of gore and witty dialogue, regardless of the acting or the story. 28 Days Later is a case in point. I went with a few friends who didn't like it because it didn't "live up to their expectations": a splatter-fest. Even though the acting was top-notch, the cinematography was disturbing (a deserted London? talk about ambience), and the story was timely and satisfying. The scares weren't so much with the zombies, the "infected", but with the soldiers who offer sanctuary. The real horror here is the way people treat other people, not the make-believe monsters. And horror that is real is almost always more disturbing.

Vodstok
06-17-2004, 07:48 AM
MY fiance got extremely tense towards the end of the film. it brings up a good point, what would be worse, being pummeled by some psychotic, or getting raped on a regular basis?

I just love it when Jim DESTROYS that asshole at the end. I will never tire of him beating that guy to death :D

Vampenguin
06-17-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Stingy Jack
I personally thought "28 Days Later" was great ... even though the "infected" aren't really zombies. But aren't producers allowed to make a non-zombie film on occasion? I thought it was refreshing, in that respect. The baddies were creepy, particularly in the early church scene.

I often wonder how people rate a horror movie. It seems to me that many people think a horror film is great if it has lots of gore and witty dialogue, regardless of the acting or the story. 28 Days Later is a case in point. I went with a few friends who didn't like it because it didn't "live up to their expectations": a splatter-fest. Even though the acting was top-notch, the cinematography was disturbing (a deserted London? talk about ambience), and the story was timely and satisfying. The scares weren't so much with the zombies, the "infected", but with the soldiers who offer sanctuary. The real horror here is the way people treat other people, not the make-believe monsters. And horror that is real is almost always more disturbing.

Nice opinion! God you guys are almost making me wanna see that crapload again......NOT

Stingy Jack
06-17-2004, 07:57 AM
MY fiance got extremely tense towards the end of the film. it brings up a good point, what would be worse, being pummeled by some psychotic, or getting raped on a regular basis?

I just love it when Jim DESTROYS that asshole at the end. I will never tire of him beating that guy to death :D

The ending raised some questions with me as well. Is raping someone justified if you have to do so to continue the cycle of life in the human race? IMO, if human's have to resort to rape to keep from dying out, then we haven't shown that we don't DESERVE to die out.

Vodstok
06-17-2004, 08:00 AM
I agree. They were using "replenishing our ranks" as an excuse, they just wanted to get some, and wanted some women. I bet had they gone a few more months, there would have been a lot of masturbating and anal sex going on in that mansion......

But i am now straying off the topic. Way off....

I really want to see The day after tomorrow. I know it is big-budget hollywood crap, btu i love disaster flicks... they are so shallow :D

Vampenguin
06-17-2004, 08:04 AM
I agree. They were using "replenishing our ranks" as an excuse, they just wanted to get some, and wanted some women. I bet had they gone a few more months, there would have been a lot of masturbating and anal sex going on in that mansion......

But i am now straying off the topic. Way off....

I really want to see The day after tomorrow. I know it is big-budget hollywood crap, btu i love disaster flicks... they are so shallow :D

That does sound really good....The Day After Tomorrow, not the Masterbating and Anal.....Glad I caught myself there....

Stingy Jack
06-17-2004, 08:05 AM
Yes, yes. I forgot to put what movies I really HAVE to see.

It hasn't come out yet, but I really NEED to see the Silent Hill film ... and the movie Saved. That one looks like it'll be a riot.

Vampenguin
06-17-2004, 08:07 AM
Yes, yes. I forgot to put what movies I really HAVE to see.

It hasn't come out yet, but I really NEED to see the Silent Hill film ... and the movie Saved. That one looks like it'll be a riot.

I agree on Silent Hill, that's gonna be sweet. And I might be goin to Chronicles of Riddick Tonight......looks awesome.

movieman64
06-17-2004, 08:08 AM

It's not 28 DL but try "The Omega Man" it's like it in some regards, but a bit campy by todays standards.