PDA

View Full Version : "Hallow's End" was terrible!!

Stingy Jack
06-16-2004, 07:03 AM
As you can probably tell from my ID, I'm a huge fan of Halloween. So, I was relatively excited when I saw the movie "Hallow's End" for rent at the local video store. The cover art was impressive, and the blurb on the back of the box made me believe the film was right up my alley.

WARNING!!

Movies on the shelf with great cover art have great cover art to lure unsuspecting dolts like myself to rent a turd.

The movie was a complete waste of time . . . although, I really didn't have much better to do. But that's beside the point, dammit!

For every 15 horror movies released, in my experience, 2 might be entertaining enough to sit through. Is it just me, or does it seem that many horror producers take fans of the genre to be mindless drones, who grin a drool-filled grin whenever a bit of a gore is splattered on the screen? I want a film that's smart, scary, and makes me feel as if I've experienced something worthwhile.

Is it just me?

Jack

fattybluetit
06-16-2004, 07:10 AM
not really the point but the only haloween ive seen is ressurection and that was mental

Stingy Jack
06-16-2004, 07:13 AM
Well, "Hallow's End" is not in the "Halloween" series. It is a stand alone flick. As for the "Halloween" series, you should really see the first one at least. It is a classic.

Jack

newb
06-16-2004, 07:15 AM
Welcome to the forum. Some may tell you that this is in the wrong forum.....me....I don't care, theres enough shit floating around the general forum,so whats the differance.

Its true, there is a lot of crap out on the video shelves and some of the cover art is very deceiving. If I see a title at the store that looks interesting, I find it best to go home and check out some reviews first. I also have been burnt many times by turds.

fattybluetit
06-16-2004, 07:17 AM
yeah like the turd of hell which is hellraiser. what a pile of shit. i suppose the cover was to. but you get anti turds which have crap covers like the thing.

Stingy Jack
06-16-2004, 07:35 AM
Yeah, I noticed too late that there is a seperate forum for horror movie discussion. Maybe I should just cut and paste this one over there.

shiftyc2
06-16-2004, 01:32 PM
no thad just piss someone off then u would get a really stupd pick saying holy shit wrong forum or something simular

thEsounDofdirT
06-16-2004, 01:50 PM
i'm very weary of straight to video releases... i've rented some really horrible movies .. and i'm so reluctant to rent a new horror movie now days... i love the hellraiser series.. hellseeker was pretty boring.. but it has some good moments...

and as far as the halloween series... watch the whole damn thing minus 3... i think it is probably the second best series... as far as being quality...

nightmare on elm st. is the best because of it's consistency and single character continuity

Steelsymth
06-16-2004, 07:21 PM
This movie sounds like it broke one of me RULES FOR RENTING A MOVIE I DON"T KNOW SHIT ABOUT :

Stingy jack said:(Movies on the shelf with great cover art have great cover art) to lure unsuspecting dolts like myself to rent a turd.

If the cover is trying to hard to sell the movie it will most likely SUCK-----

Freddy Krueger.
06-16-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Stingy Jack
Well, "Hallow's End" is not in the "Halloween" series. I wouldnt call "Halloween 3" part of the series, either. Would you?

thEsounDofdirT
06-17-2004, 08:05 AM
hell no.. halloween 3 was a croch the way it deviated from the series... i guess they figured halloween 1 and 2 were like the same night... so they could just pick different halloween nights an dhave it associate with the actually time of year.. rather than michael myers... bastards.. fucking bastards

Stingy Jack
06-17-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by thEsounDofdirT
hell no.. halloween 3 was a croch the way it deviated from the series... i guess they figured halloween 1 and 2 were like the same night... so they could just pick different halloween nights an dhave it associate with the actually time of year.. rather than michael myers... bastards.. fucking bastards

I think the main reason that film was so terrible is simply because it is part of the series. As a stand-alone story it's really not all that bad. Well, it's not good either.

KRUGERKID13
06-18-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Stingy Jack
As you can probably tell from my ID, I'm a huge fan of Halloween. So, I was relatively excited when I saw the movie "Hallow's End" for rent at the local video store. The cover art was impressive, and the blurb on the back of the box made me believe the film was right up my alley.

WARNING!!

Movies on the shelf with great cover art have great cover art to lure unsuspecting dolts like myself to rent a turd.

The movie was a complete waste of time . . . although, I really didn't have much better to do. But that's beside the point, dammit!

For every 15 horror movies released, in my experience, 2 might be entertaining enough to sit through. Is it just me, or does it seem that many horror producers take fans of the genre to be mindless drones, who grin a drool-filled grin whenever a bit of a gore is splattered on the screen? I want a film that's smart, scary, and makes me feel as if I've experienced something worthwhile.

Is it just me?

Jack

yeah thats what happened with me when i bought blood moon (worst piece of crap i ever bought)