PDA

View Full Version : Fast Zombies vs. Slow Zombies

Hate_Breeder
06-14-2004, 12:25 PM
What do you like to see more in movies?

Vodstok
06-14-2004, 12:28 PM
I like the slow ones, they are less threatening, and more traditional.

kpropain
06-14-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Vodstok
I like the slow ones, they are less threatening, and more traditional.

Ditto and since when could zombies run like Carl Lewis? AKA DOTD remake and 28 Days, granted I like both of these though.

bloodrayne
06-14-2004, 12:51 PM
But...Fast zombies are scarier...They can jump out of places when you aren't looking, and they might actually CATCH someone:rolleyes: ...I can't get into the ones that you can just push aside...I like the intelligent ones, too...like Bub, they should have personalities...Or just scaring the holy shit out of you is good, too:cool:

Arioch
06-14-2004, 12:58 PM
Fast zombies....the slow ones are tired and never really scarry....

KRUGERKID13
06-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by kpropain
Ditto and since when could zombies run like Carl Lewis? AKA DOTD remake and 28 Days, granted I like both of these though.

kpro they were running in return of the living dead 1 & 2

i personally prefer slow zombies i mean with fast zombies they couldnt have a chance and wheres the fun it that

Hate_Breeder
06-14-2004, 01:06 PM
But the difference is if there is like 2 million slow zombies surrounding you, you know its goin to be a slow horrible death. The fast ones put you out of your misery quick. So seeing 2 million zombies surrounding you......sorry to say my friend.....thats scary as fuck!

Freddy Krueger.
06-14-2004, 01:10 PM
I think this Thead is stupid. Fast zombies would beat slow ones. This is "fast zombies VS slow zombies" so I'm not saying what one I like. I like the slow zombies better. But a fast zombie would beat a slow zombie.

P.S. Raven, are your eyes green in your Avatar, or supose to be? 'Cause I removed the red eye and they're green.

Hate_Breeder
06-14-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Freddy Krueger.
I think this Thead is stupid. Fast zombies would beat slow ones. This is "fast zombies VS slow zombies" so I'm not saying what one I like. I like the slow zombies better. But a fast zombie would beat a slow zombie.

Well of course a fast zombie would beat a slow zombie. But i was asking which you prefer to see in movies

Freddy Krueger.
06-14-2004, 01:27 PM
Thats not what the title of this Thread says. It say "VS." not "what one do you prefer?"

bloodrayne
06-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Actually Freddy, I already told you that they are blue...Unless I am pissed off, then they are green...That was why, when you "fixed" my picture, I told you that it made me look pissed off:)

Freddy Krueger.
06-14-2004, 01:37 PM
You look pissed with red eyes. You can tie and say that green eyes means your in a good mood. Or horny mood. :D Everyone loves a horny smart girl. :D :D :D

MrShape
06-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Slow or fast doesn't really matter to me. I just care if the movie's any good. Fast zombies were cool in Return Of The Living Dead, but they sure as hell didn't save Nightmare City (well, okay, I do enjoy NC in a drunk off your ass sort of way)! People still liked the slow zombies in Resident Evil, so I don't think it really matters that much.
Romero's Dawn Of The Dead still beats the hell out of that ill advised remake, so . . .

bloodrayne
06-14-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Freddy Krueger.
You look pissed with red eyes. You can tie and say that green eyes means your in a good mood. Or horny mood. :D Everyone loves a horny smart girl. :D :D :D Lmao...That's when they are BLUE, Freddy...and they are usually blue...Blue=Happy...Gray=Sad...Green=Angry...Hazel =Sick.....Red=Fucked up digicam, flash and lighting setting :mad:

jay o2 waster
06-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Slow

Arioch
06-14-2004, 02:52 PM
People still liked the slow zombies in Resident Evil, so I don't think it really matters that much.

Resident Evil had Zombies???:confused: :p :p

Vampenguin
06-14-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Arioch

Well now, somebodys behind today, now arent we, eh Arioch?

Any way, I think I prefer slow zombies. Fast ones have the potential to be ALOT kooler, but in the only fast zombie movie I saw(28 Days Later)....well, I dont thik anybody wants to hear my opinion on that piece of shit....cause It seems like a pretty popular movie here...

friday13thfan
06-14-2004, 04:04 PM
id have to say fast zombies because it is to easy to out run slow ones and fast ones a like bam the right in front of you

KRUGERKID13
06-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Arioch

yeah i didnt relise it till someone pointed out that the movie wasnt about mila jovich. I mean that is why people saw it right

Stormdrane
06-14-2004, 06:59 PM
28 Days Later-- those were not zombies, they were infected with the Rage virus.

KRUGERKID13
06-14-2004, 07:01 PM
either way it sucked and just to be clear techniclly they are zombies (zombies are living beings controlled by an unknown force such as black magic or infection) Living dead on the other hand are techniacally considered ghouls. But over time we just use the word zombie for both

Arioch
06-14-2004, 07:01 PM

It was a joke on the fact, as kruger said, that the emphasis was much more on the body of mia jovavich than on any horror or zombies....ha ha get it? :p

XKillerX
06-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Fast seeing how the best zombie movie I have sen is Dawn of the Dead [2004]

ShankS
06-16-2004, 08:30 AM
slow zombies

It's cool when the people are defending themselves in some hell hole and the zombies are attacking slowly.

Like in Zombie Flesh Eaters, when the Doctor and the others are trapped in the hospital and the zombies attack. It was good and hilarious watching them take down the zombes one by one. :)

movieman64
06-16-2004, 09:55 AM
Definatly slow Zombies, There akin to Jason in Friday the 13th and Michael Myers in Halloween. No matter how fast you run, or where you hide they will find you, even though they walk at a relatively slow methodical pace.

ShankS
06-16-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by movieman64
Definatly slow Zombies, There akin to Jason in Friday the 13th and Michael Myers in Halloween. No matter how fast you run, or where you hide they will find you, even though they walk at a relatively slow methodical pace.

true true..... you cant hide from a Zombie, he can smell the stench of your fresh flesh :D

MrShape
06-17-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Vampenguin

Any way, I think I prefer slow zombies. Fast ones have the potential to be ALOT kooler, but in the only fast zombie movie I saw(28 Days Later)....well, I dont thik anybody wants to hear my opinion on that piece of shit....cause It seems like a pretty popular movie here... I don't know about that, despite having fast zombies (oh, excuse me, "infected") the thing put me to sleep. So you've got at least one person here who didn't think it was all that great. :rolleyes:

MrShape
06-17-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by KRUGERKID13
yeah i didnt relise it till someone pointed out that the movie wasnt about mila jovich. I mean that is why people saw it right I saw it for the zombies. Milla Jovovich is too damn skinny and more flat chested then Jim Carrey. Michelle Rodriguez . . . now SHE should have gotten naked! :D

Threl kaar
06-17-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by movieman64
Word.

Stingy Jack
06-17-2004, 10:40 AM
I like the slow zombies, but there's really no saying which is better. It's all in my taste of horror. I personally like the "lurking in the darkness, slowly closing in on you in its relentless, unstoppable pursuit" type of scare. It's more atmospheric and definitely builds the suspense. I mean, look at the original Night of the Living Dead. The corpses just lurk outside of the house ... patient ... waiting ... not in any hurry. They know where the food is, and they'll get it sooner or later. The fast zombies are more for people who like the quick thrill, the "jump out of your seat" fright. Which is a whole different kind of horror, which I like ... just don't prefer.

Vodstok
06-17-2004, 10:42 AM
I agree, and like the slow ones better, but 28 days later and Dawn of the Dead freaked me the hell out.

That little girl in DOTD gives me the heebie jeebies

Stingy Jack
06-17-2004, 10:50 AM
Yeah, the little girl in DOTD was creepy ... but only when she was standing in the doorway watching. That was scarier than her attack on the hubby.

As for 28 Days Later ... c'mon ... are those things really zombies? I read on this thread someone's response to this question was something to the effect that a zombie is a person controlled by another force (via voodoo, witchcraft, or infection). But I disagree. I don't think being infected with a disease makes one a zombie. I mean, we wouldn't call Cujo a zombie St. Bernard because he was controlled by rabies ... would we?

Vodstok
06-17-2004, 11:08 AM
Traditionally, Zombies were the bodies of the deceased, reanimated by Voodoo priests called Boccors. What they did was trap the dead person's soul, and use it to bring the body back. The animated corpse would be mindless.

Hence the idea of a walking corpse being a zombie.

Zombie has since become a generic word for mindless, violent people in amovie.

This is far from detailed (i actually have an old Dragon Magazine that covers more of the ritual and ideas behind it. number 138 :))

Stingy Jack
06-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Hmmm ... it should be more specific. Mindless, violent people could be a number of things that we wouldn't necessarily call zombies. Ah well ... I started a vote on this topic to see the responses.

ShankS
06-17-2004, 11:52 AM
the thing is with zombies in all the zombie films I've seen, they are pretty strong mofo's, they always manage to rip a victim inhalf pretty easy, and they can be killed easy... hit them with a plank round the head and the head goes flying.

In 28days, iirc the infected people didnt 'fall apart' when you hit them, they're bodies were more solid, so they're not zombifyed.

Vodstok
06-17-2004, 12:24 PM
Yeah, they were still alive, so they didnt rot

movieman64
06-17-2004, 01:26 PM
Remember Wes Cravens "The Serpent and the Rainbow". That was somewhat about Zombies. I remember the line...Don't bury me...I'm not dead!

wufongtan
06-17-2004, 07:42 PM
I think slow then.....FAST!!!!!!!!!!!! is better

bloodrayne
06-17-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by wufongtan
I think slow then.....FAST!!!!!!!!!!!! is better Ummm...we're still talking about..."Zombies"...right?...lol ;)

wufongtan
06-18-2004, 02:51 AM
oooo DOH!! slow zombies then. i think

Gravegirl666
06-18-2004, 03:14 AM
geesh thats a tuff one...i cant decide on fast or slow..can i vote for both? i like them fast and i like them slow then fast again then slow...heh..the more they twitch the better

Master Eric
06-18-2004, 04:06 AM
fast would win against slow, but either in movies is good