PDA

View Full Version : freddy vs jason? whats your take on the movie?

moonsorrow
10-17-2003, 07:14 PM
as alot of you horror fans may allready know freddy vs jason should be out soon (is it allready out in america?)
whats your take on it? i mean it seams to have more action potential then horror realy, any thoughts?

P.S. i placed a 100 dollar bet on jason!

avenger00soul
10-17-2003, 07:18 PM
It's been out in the states for a while. I think we've all seen it by now. I actually wasn't that impressed with it. It did have more of an action feel to it. I just thought it sucked that you get to see great old footage of Freddy and none of Jason b/c Paramount owns the old stuff. I'm more of a Jason fan and it was definitely a Freddy movie. Jason did kick his ass though, IMO.

moonsorrow
10-17-2003, 07:31 PM
il still go see it though, reviews mean little to me, and whats imo btw? i always wanted to know but never asked.
iv only seen the trailer, jason looks better then ever with modern technology implemented....its something about him isnt there? the way he walks...and he always walks, but always catches up to you and then some.

avenger00soul
10-17-2003, 08:50 PM
IMO means in my opinion. Hum...I think I've explained that ten times today.

CrystalLake
10-18-2003, 11:02 AM
I thought Freddy vs. Jason was a really good movie. It wasn't that scary, basically only one part. And that was when the guy popped out of the bushes. Hehe.. But I loved the cast. Especially Mrs. Voorhees! OO.. She rocked. It would've been better to have Betsy Palmer ( Orginal Mrs. Voorhees ) return as her. But hey.. I'm satisfied with how Paula played her. And i agree, it was more of a Nightmare On Elm Street movie, hopefully the sequel turns out to be a Friday one.

moonsorrow
10-18-2003, 11:11 AM
thanks avenger, you just made me a little smarter.

Ritualistic
10-18-2003, 11:36 AM
I just saw this movie last week, and this movie has been discussed a hell lot on this forum.. It was okay not the best movie. But it did pick up in the middle and start to get better. I am more of a Jason fan and like more of Friday the 13th movies but in my opinion Freddy vs. Jason should have never been made. I just dont like it when they cross horror characters ... But that is just my opionion:)

avenger00soul
10-18-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by CrystalLake
It would've been better to have Betsy Palmer ( Orginal Mrs. Voorhees ) return as her.

I was hoping that they would get Betsy Palmer too. That would have brought the movie up a notch.

moonsorrow
10-18-2003, 12:33 PM
no matter the outcome i have to keep a close eye on my bet dont i?

CrystalLake
10-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Is Betsy Palmer still even alive? I know she appeared in the ''Fear: Resurrection '' movie.. inwhich I have to see that. But something could've maybe happened to her after that??

avenger00soul
10-18-2003, 01:02 PM
I haven't heard news of her death, her last movie was in 99 though.

moonsorrow
10-18-2003, 01:21 PM
i heard about her death...just now as you said it...a damn shame isnt it?

Sick_As_Fuck
10-18-2003, 08:31 PM
In one night this movie became my allt-ime favorite. I loved it that much.

crazy clown
11-01-2003, 02:51 PM
i enjoyed it a lot too. i thought that it had a lot of cool stuff in it and was really bloody. i'm so ready for it to come out on dvd. but as the case with many horror movies i bet that they will milk this movie dry with sequels and do everything all of the other movies have done and bring nothing new to the table.

if they decide to make helloween then dimension will piss me off emensely