PDA

View Full Version : best 80s slasher villain

neilold
06-13-2015, 01:28 AM
besides freddy, jason and mr myers, and why they are. Allowing 70s to mid eighties only

Anthropophagus
06-13-2015, 08:09 AM
Sorry mate but this is a tired thread.

Roiffalo
06-13-2015, 12:47 PM
Are you trying for a thread of favorite slashers that are less known or something?

Serpenthrope
07-22-2015, 10:04 AM
besides freddy, jason and mr myers, and why they are. Allowing 70s to mid eighties only

Kane Hodder didn't become Jason until 1988. If we can only go up to "mid-eighties," then Michael takes it in a walk.

Repo'd
07-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Are you trying for a thread of favorite slashers that are less known or something?

If so, my first thought would be Harry Warden, the murdering miner from My Bloody Valentine (1981). That movie deserved a sequel.

Roiffalo
07-22-2015, 12:54 PM
If so, my first thought would be Harry Warden, the murdering miner from My Bloody Valentine (1981). That movie deserved a sequel.

Me too! I squealed with joy when I found it on Netflix to watch again. ::big grin::
I'm surprised Harry's not as well loved as Micheal, Freddy, or Jason. He certainly deserves it. (And as always the original is the best. Even if Jensen Ackles is in the remake.)

Repo'd
07-22-2015, 02:11 PM
Me too! I squealed with joy when I found it on Netflix to watch again. ::big grin::
I'm surprised Harry's not as well loved as Micheal, Freddy, or Jason. He certainly deserves it. (And as always the original is the best. Even if Jensen Ackles is in the remake.)

Agreed! Harry is iconic, has a great outfit, a wicked weapon and a fun back story. I would have loved to see this become a franchise. The original was hacked up pretty good and lost a lot of the great gore and FX, but the unedited version is available and it's worth looking out for. The shower scene and the laundry mat scenes are lot more savage.

I like the remake. Sure, the original is better but they do a nice job with the legend and the kills are nasty! Jamie King is also very easy on the eyes, so points for her involvement.

neilold
07-23-2015, 01:05 AM
i'm trying for good slasher villains, that aren't the usual suspects. My favourite is the bloke in the prowler. He looks cool, he's goodly violent and bloody, and for some reason i like the bizzare links back to an old killer story, which is kinda unusual for a slasher

Joe @ AltInn Games
07-25-2015, 01:30 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the "heart in a box" thing originate with him, or was that a borrowed thing? Because the Scream TV series used that in the first episode.

Roiffalo
07-25-2015, 10:30 PM
Agreed! Harry is iconic, has a great outfit, a wicked weapon and a fun back story. I would have loved to see this become a franchise. The original was hacked up pretty good and lost a lot of the great gore and FX, but the unedited version is available and it's worth looking out for. The shower scene and the laundry mat scenes are lot more savage.

Oooo I'll certainly be on the hunt for that! It's already on my 'must have' list 8)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the "heart in a box" thing originate with him, or was that a borrowed thing? Because the Scream TV series used that in the first episode.

For all I know it could be. I can't think of an older film off the top of my head that may have done it, but I couldn't tell you for certain.

Oro13
10-13-2015, 09:40 AM
So we got The Prowler and Harry Warden, huh.

I'll go ahead and throw Klaus Wortmann from Anthropophagus. Can't get much more hardcore than fetus eating lol.

Also think Madman Marz deserves an honorable mention.